CL: Barca - Man City 1-0 (3-1 agg.)

Richard.H

I know that stupid Lucho won't play him, there's also the fact that Matthieu had 4 YC .. I only hope he plays him in one of the 2 games so he can prove once and for all he's good for the big games, just like he was against PSG (and levante, and eibar etc .. ofc), absolute beast!

I would like to see Bartra against RM and Mathieu against City.

Bartra has a lot of heart and will be looking to prove to the world that he deserves to play in the Clasico. He will also be motivated due to last year's Copa Del Rey. I mean, if it wasn't for that Bale goal, everyone would claim that he had a great match. Also, Mathieu played so horrible in the first clasico of the season that I don't ever want to see him playing against them. He shitted his pants with nearly every encounter against CR or Benzema.

I would prefer Mathieu against City because he is clearly faster than Bartra and I can see Aguero making deadly runs into the box. I don't see any other big threat from City attacks.

beogatts

i thought i was the only one who saw mathieu's inconsistency. so we all see tht bartra deserves more. n i hope lucho culd see it too.:messi:

xXKonan

Reading the Prematch Thread on the Bluemoon Forums, and nothing but Depression. Some even expect us to give them a good 5-0, Which I really doubt tbh, at best it will probably be 2-0 and we will let off the gas in the 2nd half Protecting the Lead and saving some Energy for the Classico.

beogatts

Reading the Prematch Thread on the Bluemoon Forums, and nothing but Depression. Some even expect us to give them a good 5-0, Which I really doubt tbh, at best it will probably be 2-0 and we will let off the gas in the 2nd half Protecting the Lead and saving some Energy for the Classico.

seen on prev games, yes lucho will do tht again. he just want to have a lead n defend for the rest of the game. a win is enuf for him n he doesnt force the team to "scoring".

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
seen on prev games, yes lucho will do tht again. he just want to have a lead n defend for the rest of the game. a win is enuf for him n he doesnt force the team to "scoring".

Not sure about this, I think this is one of the season where we have the most games with 5 or more goals for Barça.

May be just for important games like CL that come in middle of the week but that's not the right mindset, if we can score 5 we should do so no matter what, if he told the players to let off the gas in 2nd half of City game than he's complete garbage and we will not win CL thinking like that, scoring a lot gives priceless advantage for 2nd legs and also send a big scary message to anyone facing us..

beogatts

Not sure about this, I think this is one of the season where we have the most games with 5 or more goals for Barça.

May be just for important games like CL that come in middle of the week but that's not the right mindset, if we can score 5 we should do so no matter what, if he told the players to let off the gas in 2nd half of City game than he's complete garbage and we will not win CL thinking like that, scoring a lot gives priceless advantage for 2nd legs and also send a big scary message to anyone facing us..

sory, this is wat i meant. with a secured lead.
in Liga or CDR, yes we score as much as we can.

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
sory, this is wat i meant. with a secured lead.
in Liga or CDR, yes we score as much as we can.

Well this is a mistake, 3 or 4-0 at half time would have been a secured lead to stop trying on purpose, 2-0 is absolutely not !

Icarium

Lifestealer

He might not do that against City, he might order his team to be play more conservative and keep a lot of possession. Anyway if we are up by some 2 or 3 goals at HT, city won't stand a chance even if we were walking around the pitch.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
[formation=name.of.the.shirt]
MAtS
Alves-0-Pique-0-Bartra-0-Alba
0-0-0-Mascherano-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-0-0-Iniesta,c-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-Suarez-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Thought I'd try out the formation bbcode that Bertus made for us. Works like a charm :cheers:

Leo_Messi

[formation=name.of.the.shirt]
MAtS
Alves-0-Pique-0-Bartra-0-Alba
0-0-0-Mascherano-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-0-0-Iniesta,c-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-Suarez-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Thought I'd try out the formation bbcode that Bertus made for us. Works like a charm :cheers:

MD is prediction that lineup above with Mathieu playing instead of Bartra as the only difference.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...rique-ya-tiene-once-para-superar-al-city.html

I don't trust Mathieu.

Busquets will be a huge miss against both Man City and RM. A shame that he is injured.

Steve Lawler

This is the first Barca game I'll be going to as I live all the way in Toronto Canada. Seats right behind the player benches near the front. Stoked!

Home of Barca Fans