CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

henias

Too many ppl bitching here.

There is no going to Stamford Bridge and creating chance gallore. First shot on target in 2009 came in the 93rd minute.

1-1 with Chelsea's best chances coming from Willian trying his luck from outside the box? I take it.

Getafe, Espanyol isn't exactly Stamford Bridge though.

We have failed to create chances week in week out.

We are lucky not to concede more, Chelsea outplayed us and basically had one mistake.

5ergio_Busquets

Valverde clearly doesnt rate semedo and dembele with his safety first approach. His boring 4-4-2 works vs the likes of eibar but not cl top quality teams. I say play with Semedo at rb, roberto at cmf and Dembele up frint. Suddenly we are more balanced and not as toothless and slow in attack. Paulinho or rakitic could be subbed in for control and killing the match but should not be starters.
That Vidal gets rated above Dembele is a joke.
How is it "safety first" approach when Paulinho creates counter attacks for the opponents?!

Ursegor

World Champion

We are lucky not to concede more, Chelsea outplayed us and basically had one mistake.

Chelsea created nothing except shooting from outside the box 3 times.

Getafe has the best defensive record in the league after Atletico and Barca.

jairzinho

Too many ppl bitching here.

There is no going to Stamford Bridge and creating chance gallore. First shot on target in 2009 came in the 93rd minute.

1-1 with Chelsea's best chances coming from Willian trying his luck from outside the box? I take it.

Man, i'm usually against the hissy fits and pouting but we were absolutely horrible.

We were clueless in attack. There's no getting around how bad we were in the final third.

It was soo easy for Chelsea to park the bus and hit us on the break because we were slow and predictable.

Even Rudiger looked good tonight. Thats how toothless we were.

henias

They looked dangerous as hell. You would be lying to yourself if u think they were nothing tonight.

kattanib

We respected Chelsea so much we didn't even have a shot on target for so long :lol: Wtf did i just read? What tactics. We had no penetration, no fast transitions. We didn't look like scoring at all. We should also respect Atletico in la liga by not having shots on target against them either.
You are comparing apples to oranges. Unlike La Liga, this is a two matches battle.

Altomonte

Bottom line: we were lucky to get a good result and are now favorites to go through to next CL round. EV has enough time before home game to integrate Semedo and Dembele into A team.

Faceless

No more faces at night
We can’t just leave it and say “It’s Stamford Bridge, what can we do?”

2012-2013 and 2013-2014 seasons have ingrained into my memory clearly, and it’s performances like these that feels so familiar. And we really had some bad games in the later stage of those season. So we have to be AWARE, on our performance. This isn’t pessimism..

serghei

That's true. Some people make it sound like Chelsea dominated us because William caught two great shots from long range in the first half. Everything Chelsea had was based on winning the 2nd ball after poor passes or clearances from Roberto and Busquets mostly. They didn't create anything tbh, and were playing at home.

Last edited:

kattanib

Perfect result. Would've taken that before the game and after it even more.
Wouldn't be too worried about our game. Can't remember a really good game at the Bridge and let's not forget it's February. If you want to win CL you look to be in form in March and April. We weren't lucky with that draw.

Let's not forget we still have some raw diamonds in our squad. Let's talk about Dembélé and Semedo. Don't count Coutinho as one since he is cup-tied and already more than a raw diamond. I still have faith in that squad, although we didn't look any good today.

Why aren't you following the herd? You shall be shamed.

Ursegor

World Champion
Man, i'm usually against the hissy fits and pouting but we were absolutely horrible.

We were clueless in attack. There's no getting around how bad we were in the final third.

It was soo easy for Chelsea to park the bus and hit us on the break because we were slow and predictable.

Even Rudiger looked good tonight. Thats how toothless we were.

Chelsea + away + Italian coach + 5 men backline. I seriously don't know what some people were expecting, sometimes I think you guys started watching football yesterday. I was expecting a 0-0 and 1-0 in Camp Nou after extra time.

If we had Coutinho and Dembélé available and in form that's lots of extra creativity and pace and we might create 2 or 3 more chances but we don't right now. What do you expect with the likes of Paulinho, Rakitic, Busquets, Roberto? Only Iniesta and Messi can do something creative with the ball, the rest can only work hard and provide stability.

I'm seriously confused what people expected today.

eaman

What about the paulinho chance. Maybe dembele would have scored that. Chelsea did not outplay us. Willian had a brilliant game and should never have been allowed to shoot but Chelsea didn't create anything clear. We controlled the game and a draw was the right result

bismp

That's true. Some people make it sound like Chelsea dominated us because William caught two great shots from long range in the first half. Everything Chelsea had was on the 2nd balls after poor passes or clearences from Roberto and Busquets mostly.

I agree that Chelsea only had 3-4 good shots from distance the whole game and that they did not dominate us by any means.

That said,we were TOOTHLESS in attack and this has been the case pretty much the whole season and especially the last month.

Home of Barca Fans