CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

Givenchy

Raki and Paulinho slowing everything down and passing backwards.. fucking hell, might aswell bring Gomes on. still fancy us to turn up in the 2nd half but were lucky its 0-0

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
We can only thank God that we are not 2-3 goals down and pretty much out of the CL after that first half. Our slow defense and midfield couldn’t cope with the pace of their attackers at all. Paulinho, Pique, Roberto, Rakitic and Suarez have been shocking. This is really all Messi trying to create something out of nothing so far when it comes to our attacking.

mesiesta

Paulinho is working hard, but he is not giving anything today. His positioning is awful. I really think that Gomes would have done better.

P.S. Willian and Hazard are very dangerous, we can easily loose this.

Altomonte

we are very lucky - our only chance was Paulinho's header, Willian hit the upright twice and Hazard's volley was another good chance for Chelsea.
Chelsea clearly more energy, prepared better for the match by having 3 days rest.
It shows already that playing Eibar with the best team was a mistake.
Let's hope that our luck continues in the second half.
I hope to see Dembele.

Pretty easy to park the bus and play counter.
Unfortunately, we still lack a midfielder that can make a difference in this team. Relying on Messi alone never works b.c all chelsea has to do is stop Messi to stop our attack.
It doesn't help that Chelsea are a chicken team so it's child play for them to park the bus and counter.

Conte is tactical genius. Barcelona really has nothing going and Messi is under press.

How is Conte a genius when 90% of chelsea barca games are the same?
it doesn';t take a genius to park the bus and play counter.

RevoTeller

We are embarassing, like always in Champions League.
You cannot win in this contest if you fuckin' walk.

Even if by luck we will beat Chelsea in the two legs, it's simply because they are a rather poor team this year. Against strongest teams we will get completely atomized.

kattanib

Paulinho is working hard, but he is not giving anything today. His positioning is awful. I really think that Gomes would have done better.

P.S. Willian and Hazard are very dangerous, we can easily loose this.

Don't know about loosing things. We don't want to do that for sure

Last edited:

Mido

With Chelsea's tactics don't expect Rakitic or Paulinho to deflect their pressure. + Busquets struggled and Iniesta is hard to find.

We can't afford to stay with this line-up for the full 90 mins. I expect some tactical changes before the 60th min

I hope this will serve as a lesson to try the 4-3-3 again, Barca cannot afford to be that stiff at this level, eventhough this might be very useful for knockout games

Calidad

It’s hardly a surprise. There’s no pace in the side. All a bunch of old men strolling around the middle.

If Valverde wants to persist with this poor formation, he needs to integrate Semedo and move Roberto forward, probably in place of Paulinho.

Dembele is needed for pace too.

Last edited:

kattanib

The team is playing well except for Suarez (mainly by design due to the tactics of the game). I'd put it Dembele for Paulinho to build that synergy

Home of Barca Fans