CL | 1/8 Final: FC Barcelona - SSC Napoli 4-2 (agg.)

KingLeo10

Big Benz and Lewandowski have 65 CL goals.

I think that offsets the NT and league advantage Suarez has on them.

Porque

Nice and pretty obvious. I guess Setien feels it's too much pressure for the young guns to start. Oh well, let's hope he doesn't wait too long if we play like shit.

Yeah. But this tournament is Champions League in name only. Pressure should be less on the pitch with no crowd. Guys like Puig should thrive without 98,000 breathing spectators analysing your every step.

It's the perfect avenue to play the best 11 from training (and season ending games) as the step from training pitch to matchday pitch is much smaller.

serghei

Simeone got done 3-0 away by a Juve side worse than Liverpool last season and season before that didnt even get out of group.

Season before conceded 3 away to Real when knocked out.

And Simeone beat Liverpool at their home ground in the next year proving it was an accident. And Juve had Cristiano Ronaldo, not Divock Origi.

Atletico showed this season how to play away from home with guts and great mentality.

KingLeo10

And Simeone beat Liverpool at their home ground in the next year proving it was an accident. And Juve had Cristiano Ronaldo, not Divock Origi.

Atletico showed this season how to play away from home with guts and great mentality.

:lol: Simeone's beaten Pool (won 2 in 2), Barca x 2, Bayern x 1, Chelsea x 1.

Just because his teams can't cope against the aerial threat of CR7 and Ramos doesn't mean he's some EV.

EV couldn't close the deal against even Roma FFS.

Porque

BTW. Was looking at the youthful Chelsea lineup and the thought crossed my mind that they could actually cause a shock.

And then I saw this guy in goal.

Willy-Caballero-380x214.jpg

serghei

:lol: Simeone's beaten Pool (won 2 in 2), Barca x 2, Bayern x 1.

Just because his teams can't cope against the aerial threat of CR7 and Ramos doesn't mean he's some EV.

EV couldn't close the deal against even Roma FFS.

Simeone is several levels above EV in defensive organization, mentality, motivating the players.

But anyway, let's not start the same old talk about EV and historic disaster after big leads. What's done is done, let bygones be bygones.

JamDav1982

He beat Liverpool in a game that was on par if not more dominant than Barca v Chelsea in 2012. That was not defensive masterclass either time.

Atetico in recent years under Simeone have crumbled a lot and past three years CLs been terrible for it.

Better manager than EV but not some beacon to be held up with how they have been in recent years.

KingLeo10

By the way, I like how BBZ always hypes up how Pep didn't have to go against a lot of strong Italian sides.

But here's Juve's recent exploits in CL:

12/13 - QF loss
13/14 - Group stage exit (LOL)
14/15 - CL final loss
15/16 - R of 16 exit
16/17 - CL final loss
17/18 - QF loss
18/19 - QF loss
19/20 - R of 16 exit

1 group stage, 2 R of 16, 3 QF, 2 F losses.

I don't know. Seem like losers to me.

Home of Barca Fans