CL 1/4 Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United 4-0 agg.

Sorin

Manchester United lost to the Wolfs in the FA cup game, that means they will have more rest before the second leg??

Yes, they'll have a week of rest before the first leg. However, we win every La Liga game until Atleti and our important players could also have a week of rest so I don't want to hear any excuses about our lack of rest compared to United.

soul24rage

ugh, now they have a full week to prepare for our match. I wouldn't look too much into this game as they had some players coming back from injury (they were rusty which was understandable) and Wolves are more than decent at their stadium.

Still, I'm confident we can beat them and even more confident if we beat Betis, extend our lead to 10 points and rest key players vs ATM.

Leo_Messi

Not read any posts on the forum since Thursday night but I am probably not the only one that is quite content about this draw.

With all due respect to the current Man Utd team but we are superior on every position. Even the managerial one.:valverde:

I cannot see us loss this tie over 2 legs. Although everything can happen in football. We saw that recently during the PSG-Man Utd leg. I don't think that we will see another such repeat unless we totally lose the plot in both games.

Also quite "happy" that we are going to face either FC Porto or Liverpool (most likely the latter) in the semifinals. Not as convinced by this Liverpool team as many users seem to be judging by previous discussions.

The prospect of facing Man City or Juve in a potential final, should we make it, is also quite mouthwatering.

EDIT: Watched the Wolves-Man Utd game (due to a bet, for those interested, I won bigly) and fair to say that Man Utd looked incredibly poor for the most part. Although Wolves are not a bad team and have quite a few talented players. Nevertheless their midfield and defense is bang average. When Pogba does not have a good day (which happens frequently) he is a complete passenger.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

list of teams that have lost 2 CL finals to a single team:

1) Juventus to Real Madrid
2) Atletico Madrid to Real Madrid
3) Manchester United to Barcelona

Here's hoping we beat these lot and beat Juventus in another CL final. :pique1:

Leo_Messi

Where do I sign?:valverde:

Would fucking love to win another CL final against Juve of all teams. Even more so a Juve team with that joke of GOAT pretender.:messi:

jairzinho

Manchester were tactically outclassed today by Wolves of all teams. Hope Ernie looked at the way Nuno set his team up. Martial and Lingard were nullified very easy.

Leo_Messi

Manchester were tactically outclassed today by Wolves of all teams. Hope Ernie looked at the way Nuno set his team up. Martial and Lingard were nullified very easy.

It has to be said that this Wolves team is one of the surprises of this season in the top 3 (La Liga, EPL and Serie A). Some very, very good players as well considering them being a newly promoted side. Just shows the wealth of the EPL for such a team to have that many good players. In particular that Portuguese colony. Moutinho, Neves, Jota, Johnny (although Spanish) etc. Yes, Man Utd looked incredibly poor. In particular that midfield trio (supposedly their best on paper) was slow, not very technically gifted (if Pogba is closed down or has an off-day, too much slowing down and showboating, they have not much to show for in the midfield) and defense. Rashford and Martial looked poor too.

It would be a tragedy if we ended up not advancing against this version of Man Utd. In our worst state during the Rijkaard era that ended 1 month later, we barely lost against their best team on paper in history (arguably) which was their 2008 team. If not for going out against Portsmouth in the FA Cup they could have won a treble too much like the only treble to date that they won in 1999.

Last edited:

Total-Football

it s a bit rich what they say their fans though.. saying this barca is not peps (2009) barca as if fucking rashford and lukaku are rooney CR7

Givenchy

it s a bit rich what they say their fans though.. saying this barca is not peps (2009) barca as if fucking rashford and lukaku are rooney CR7

they don't watch Barca atall that much is evident. according to them, Umtiti is an old man (hes 25), Lenglet is crap and we'll sell him for 40mil to buy De Ligt, Pique is past it, Rashford is a better player than Dembele and ofcourse la liga is a weak league. Ronaldo is better than Messi and winning a title in a mickey mouse league = GOAT confirmed. and my favourite: Barca cant buy x player, they have no money :lol:

I honestly hope we smash the fuck out of them at Old Trafford, no mercy, put this tie to bed in the first leg

BenRobbins

I dont understand why people are saying we are cocky etc everybody on Redcafe thinks we are going to get humiliated but are happy it is against barca in a huge game rather than anybody else

Centauri B

Juventus won't be in the final. It will also be difficult for us to beat United and especially, Liverpool.

Centauri B

I dont understand why people are saying we are cocky etc everybody on Redcafe thinks we are going to get humiliated but are happy it is against barca in a huge game rather than anybody else

I am sure that it's not "everybody"

Moreover, why would any United fan think that their team will get humiliated by Barcelona? There's a possibility of that happening, but as has been shown again in recent CL ties, the underdog can definitely have his day.

From my experience, some (if not many) posters on Redcafe are quite ignorant about anything non-EPL related, and repeat some of the most tired cliches of football punditry.

Home of Barca Fans