Christian Eriksen

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
He has the talent, but he is a bit overrated. Should become more decisive for Ajax in a long-run streak and he hasn't done that up till now. England will suit his play the best, then Italy and Spain. Germany doesn't fit him imo, France also doesn't.

Trickykid

He has the talent, but he is a bit overrated. Should become more decisive for Ajax in a long-run streak and he hasn't done that up till now. England will suit his play the best, then Italy and Spain. Germany doesn't fit him imo, France also doesn't.

I agree with most of what you're saying. He really hasn't evolved that much over the last two seasons, which of course is a huge disappointment.
About his destinations, though, I don't quite agree. Why England? I mean, in my eyes, he's still too fragile and weak physically - more so than the likes of Mata, Cazorla and Silva, and he'd be bullied non-stop. He could of course work on that and bulk up, but I don't think the PL would be his best fit as it is. I could see him in most of the other big leagues though, especially Spain, but also Italy, Germany and even France. Why don't you think he'd fit in the two latter?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He's got almost the same build as Arteta, and Silva is even smaller - Premiership won't be a problem for him...And I believe most Europeans, especially from the Scandinavian end see the Premiership as being the pinnacle due it's history...Plus, don't most have English as a second language?...Then there's also the money which will be better in the UK

Trickykid

He's got almost the same build as Arteta, and Silva is even smaller - Premiership won't be a problem for him...And I believe most Europeans, especially from the Scandinavian end see the Premiership as being the pinnacle due it's history...Plus, don't most have English as a second language?...Then there's also the money which will be better in the UK

I'm not talking about his height here, but rather his bulkiness or lack of same. I feel he still get's bullied off the ball too easily.
About danes or scandinavians in general seeing the PL as the pinnacle, you're probably right, but the last I've heard from him, his dream was to play for Barcelona. That of course isn't exactly likely, so from there on, I don't know where his preferences lie. And yeah, we learn english in school from the 2nd grade in Denmark (going to be from the 1st grade soon actually), so it's very much our second language.
I still believe Spain would be his best fit, but seeing he's not good enough for the big two, I doubt the likes of Atletico would cut it for him.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, that's the thing, outside of the big two, it's unlikely a Spanish team takes a shot at him when Premiership clubs are not only well financed but also in dire need of skill in that position...Plus, he speaks English and that makes him an easier fit there...Not the same thing as saying I wouldn't love seeing him in Spain because I think he could do well

BTW, if you're from Copenhagen, I really enjoyed a couple of visits I have had there - great walking city among other things

Trickykid

Yeah, that's the thing, outside of the big two, it's unlikely a Spanish team takes a shot at him when Premiership clubs are not only well financed but also in dire need of skill in that position...Plus, he speaks English and that makes him an easier fit there...Not the same thing as saying I wouldn't love seeing him in Spain because I think he could do well
True that, true that. I don't think it's a surprise either if he indeed does end up in the PL, I just don't think it'd be his best fit.

BTW, if you're from Copenhagen, I really enjoyed a couple of visits I have had there - great walking city among other things

I am indeed, and yeah it really is a nice city to walk around in. What brought you to Copenhagen?
You should let me know if you plan on visiting again sometime in the future.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Once when I was seeing a girl from Göteborg, we spent a few days there...Another trip with a buddy on our way to Amsterdam...Really enjoyed the architecture, Danish design is easy to appreciate

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
All the talk about physical nature of EPL is getting too much, I mean Oscar is as small and tiny as they come and he has done well, very well.

Trickykid

By all accounts it's looking more and more certain that Eriksen will move on at the end of the season. Overmars was quoted saying that Eriksen won't be extending his contract, and considering it ends summer of 2014, they'll need to cash in on him sooner rather than later.
Reports are claiming that Liverpool are closing in on him for a fee of around 15 mio euros, and I really don't think it's that far off. It'll probably be closer to 20 mio, but I doubt it will be a whole lot more.
Despite having his best season stats wise (41 matches/12 goals/20 assists), I believe he has stagnated somewhat during the last 1-1½ years. He has by no means been bad, but just not as good as I would've thought and hoped. In order to progress, he really does need to move on to a bigger league. But where to? He's not good enough for one of the ChL contenders by a long shot, and he needs to play regularly on the highest level. That's why Liverpool looks like a really good bet to me. He'll play with (a couple of) great players, against great players and most likely become the focal point of the team. From there on, I don't know what'll happen to him. I still hope that he will be a true great, but as I see it, there's no way he'll reach the level of Michael Laudrup, who he's been compared with for so many years. Less will do though.

SwiftGuyver

Suárez, Coutinho, Eriksen, Gerrard, Sturridge, Lucas...

pretty decent, could make a serious push for top 4 with that IMO...

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Tricky, he indeed stagnated. I thought he would be above what he is now 1,5 years ago. Stat wise a very good season, but he just isn't commanding on the field and doesn't dictate play. For his development another year at Ajax would be good, but he could move to the PL. Would doubt they pay 20M for him, I wouldn't. 15M max.

Home of Barca Fans