Christian Eriksen

Rory

I think skills wise he's good enough and advocated bringing him here but then I watched the last few spurs games and I've really gone off him. I don't want players with weak mentalities and a lack of professionalism here, we have enough of them. I do think spurs messed him around in the summer setting a ridiculously high transfer fee when he asked to leave knowing he only had one year to go, but still he's being paid millions a year to live in one of the best cities in the world doing the job he's dreamed of, if he can't put a proper performance in because he wanted to leave then that to me shows a weak mind.

CatalinR10

you people are weird.

We'd have to pay for him around 15-20 mil and he's not just some average guy. At worst we'll sell him and make decent profit on him.

this looks like an excelent piece of business.

wisconsincule

you people are weird.

We'd have to pay for him around 15-20 mil and he's not just some average guy. At worst we'll sell him and make decent profit on him.

this looks like an excelent piece of business.

Sell him to who??? It should be clear that no big teams are interested when he is going to inter for 10-20 million...?

MTL_Barca

It'd be a strange transfer if he joins Inter now but it looks like it'll happen. I never rated Eriksen as a 100+ mil superstar kind of player but he's certainly a very good player nonetheless.

FinBarcelonafan

Even if you don't rate him, how the hell is he worse than Rakitic? We should be all over this. He has good workrate and good offensively. Two things we could use.

clemente

Lmao imagine talking down on a cheap Eriksen transfer, he would be great even under Valverde, he pretty much has no weaknesses, the bad from at Spurs came from falling out with the team, he will run the Serie A at Inter.

Andrew M

Why are people only looking at the transfer fee? He's going to Inter obviously because they are going to pay him a fortune. You have to look at the cost of him over the whole contract, not just the transfer fee.

I get bad vibes from Eriksen. Reminds of Sanchez going to Man Utd or players similar.

Arnaez

It doesn't even make sense that he would be cheaper, it's just less is going to Tottenham. His value to buyers doesn't change because of his contract status.

Last edited:

Rory

People on twitter are saying €10m a year wages, not sure if that means pre tax or after tax. Let's say after tax so that would be nearly €20m a year. Worth a gamble for a club that can afford it. Spurs want €20m this january but will probably accept less than that.

CatalinR10

Sell him to who??? It should be clear that no big teams are interested when he is going to inter for 10-20 million...?

big teams as in who ? I'd doubt Totenham would sell him now to any top PL team, making them stronger , RM are pretty good in the midfield , Bayern aswell...who else ?

Him for 15-20 mil is a good as fuck deal. Even if he's not that good for us , we could still sell him after 1 and a half or 2 years for 40-50 mil in the PL.

Our midfield is old as fuck , Rakitic and Vidal will be gone , Busi will probably be on the bench next season , we need new and younger blood. I actually can't believe we're missing out on him.

Rory

The thing with the wages that someone else pointed out here before is that if he arrives then that pushes Rakitic out the door who is on €8m, again not sure if that's after or before tax. So in terms of net wages paid in total it increases spending but not for the face value of that wage.

Home of Barca Fans