Christian Eriksen

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Let me get this straight you rate(d) Coutinho but think eriksen is over rated? Lol
Erikssen is a better player then Coutinho and would of fit us much better. Are there better midfielders out there? Yes but are they realistically obtainable? No.

Sweden

City's midfield of De Bruyne, Rodri and Bernardo Silva is the one I was thinking of. You could put De Jong ahead of Rodri probably, but I think De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva are both better than Eriksen and Arthur.

Bernado will probably mostly play as a winger upfront with Kun and Sterling.
CM will be Rodrigo/Fernandinho, KdB and David Silva/Gundogan.

soul24rage

There are rumours that Man Utd want Eriksen. I can only see Coutinho moving to Spurs if Spurs manage to sell Eriksen to another club. With the tranfer window closing on Thurs this week in England, I doubt the 2 tranfers will happen imo.

clemente

I don't get this board's logic, first they give Coutinho to spurs and even pay his wages, and now ignore Eriksen. He is desperate to leave? Rakitic is shit for last 3 seasons? Can afford him for pennies? Pass.

mc_lovin

What a shit board. Why not sign midfielder #9 when we have problems thinning out our midfield.

Edit: The question is what is Real doing? They badly need a midfielder and Eriksen is better than Van de Beek. And Pogba doesnt seem likely.

Last edited:

Givenchy

why does Eriksen want to leave anyway? i thought it was due to the Madrid interest but staying at Tottenham is probably the best option right now

Juve would be smart to include him in a swap deal for Dybala

Zidane82

Let me get this straight you rate(d) Coutinho but think eriksen is over rated? Lol
Erikssen is a better player then Coutinho and would of fit us much better. Are there better midfielders out there? Yes but are they realistically obtainable? No.

Erikson isn’t better than Coutinho, they are completely different players although I stlll far prefer Coutinho

Zidane82

Sky News tonight suggesting that Spurs are indeed close to signing Coutinho on loan AND getting Dybala for £65 million ..

Daniel Levy is a genius ..

Jenks

why does Eriksen want to leave anyway? i thought it was due to the Madrid interest but staying at Tottenham is probably the best option right now

Juve would be smart to include him in a swap deal for Dybala

I'm not sure that Eriksen wants to leave for anywhere other than Real Madrid, the issue is that Levy doesn't want to let him go for nothing later, so would prefer to sell him now.

Raketa10

Eriksen is definitely not better than Coutinho and he would end up like Fabregas did if we ever sign him.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Eriksen is definitely not better than Coutinho and he would end up like Fabregas did if we ever sign him.

Eriksen can play the AM role we need desperately at this point in time, Fabregas would be perfect for us right now as well so im not sure why you think he wouldn't fit? Eriksen is more creative, fitter and more tactically astute then coutinho; he can also fill more roles.

Coutinho is the most over-hyped player I've ever Fucking seen.

I'd take KDB over pretty much anyone in the midfield role but he's an unrealistic target unfortunately.

Nello

Not saying that we should sign Eriksen, but in my opinion he would be an upgrade over both Coutinho and Rakitic, if here were to play in our midfield, not sure he would perform better than Coutinho at all if used at LW.

But Eriksen has some attributes that could benefit us quite a lot:
- He has really good stamina and workrate, despite being a more offensive minded midfielder, he consistently runs more than most of his teammates, both at Tottenham and at the Danish NT.
- He has a high footballing IQ as people call it on this forum, and makes a lot of good decisions, has good awareness and positioning, especially in possesion.
- He is a pretty good dribbler, and is quite press resistant.
- His shot is really good, and in my opinion better than Rakitic's. Coutinho used to score more goals, but nowadays, IMO, Eriksen is more of a threat in this aspect as well.
- His passing game is quite strong aswell, again better than Rakitic's IMO.
- He's a bigger threat than Rakitic in attack too, as he averages 0,53 goals/assists per game in the premier league for Tottenham (Rakitic averaged 0,23 in the league last season, which some has highlighted as a very important contribution to our team).

So to sum up, he would be at least as much of a "workhorse" as Rakitic, offer better passing, more press resistance, more goals and assists, and be a bigger threat with long shots from outside the box against parked busses. Basically he'd contribute more offensively and in possesion than Rakitic does, and his stamina, workrate and defensive contribution is far superior to Coutinho.

I'm Danish, so I might be biased, but IMO Eriksen would be a more sensible option for the midfield than both Rakitic and Coutinho atm, and at 50m he would be an absolute steal for most teams in Europe. It's a highly unlikely transfer for us however, since he isn't nearly exotic, popular or flashy enough to fit the profile Bartomeu seems to like spending money on.

gregorrin10

Erikson isn’t better than Coutinho, they are completely different players although I stlll far prefer Coutinho

You might prefer Coutinho, and EriksOn isn't better for sure, but Eriksen is better, that's just a fact, has been even before when they were both in the PL, if you're looking for a midfielder of course. I always wanted for us to go after Eriksen instead, i knew he would fit us like a glove on that LCM spot, while as for Coutinho, it was more about hoping he can make that transition, but since he didn't even get to play there for us, it's pointless anyway, so we might as well correct that mistake now.

Sorin

Before news that Cout rejected a move to Spurs I would have liked to do what Juventus/Manchester United tried to do with the Lukaku/Dybala swap. Value the players at 90m, bag the fee for the sold player into our accounts this year while the coming player would be amortized over the course of the contract, so only about 20m for this year. That's 70m net. This way we could have balanced the books for this transfer period, get a CM, while getting rid of a flop that we can't move on to save our lives.

Home of Barca Fans