Christian Eriksen

Raketa10

Would probably cost them 300-350m or so. And it's still a downgrade from prime Modric and Cristiano Ronaldo.

I agree that's a downgrade but they won't be so expensive since both of them will be able to go for free in 2020 so it's the last chance to cash on them.

Andresito

Staff member
Would probably cost them 300-350m or so. And it's still a downgrade from prime Modric and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Yeah well it's the best they can do in the current market, and they are desperately in need of something like this.

Plus they have a lot of unwanted players they can get money from.
Kovacic and Isco could easily be used to lower Hazard's price. Bale is still somewhat highly rated in England.

Money's not an issue. It's up to Papa Perez to use it for squad improvements or stadium renovations.

They could skip the yearly toilet renovations for once. :papaperez:

Zidane82

Nah, not necessarily. If we enter the fray alongside RM, and match their money purse, he would most likely chose us.
With Cout here, I don't see us going all in for him, though. Especially considering the type of player we're apparently looking for in the likes of Rabiot and FdJ.

Most Spurs fans seem to believe he's off this summer in any case, and he seems ripe for a last step up. Exciting times ahead of him.

Saw this a few days ago btw.:

7877418-6533651-image-a-2_1545941850946.jpg

I'd love to see his stats for the LAST 12 months ;)

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Was of the opinion we should of Signed this guy rather then Coutinho but he's not Brazilian so...
Kind of did a similar thing with Coutinho as Chelsea have done with the pulsic deal (lol €64m? what a joke).

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we don't intend to sign de Jong or de Ligt and instead sign two players on free transfer in Rabiot and Tobido perhaps make a push for Eriksen with one year left in his contract?

We can definitely safely sell Rakitic then.

FC433

Would not mind him honestly.

Arthur/ Puig Eriksen/ Alena

Busquets/ FDJ
+ OB

Rakitic, Vidal, Gomez and D. Suarez should help us get them.

Porque

Eriksen will be incredible in LaLiga. Madrid need to replace Modric while we have to integrate Coutinho.

Smart money is on him going to Madrid.

El Gato

Villarato!
He will end up in Madrid.

Seriously, what compels people to say he'll be in Madrid? We have Modrić who has 1-2 years left to go and his departure is looking less likely every day, we have Kroos, Ceballos and even if Isco or/and Asensio go out the door, that still leaves Casemiro, Llorente, Brahim Diaz and Palacios to account for. There's very little even in the way of rumors suggesting we will nab him, probably only if nobody else makes an offer we will try, but I expect us to get outbid comfortably if he does not sign the new deal.

Barca fucked up TBH. He is more comfortable fit for your 4-3-3 and would have been a more prompt improvement for the current squad. I don't know what will resolve the Coutinho situation, it probably will take 1-2 years and moving away from using Suarez up top putting Messi as a #9 in 4-2-3-1.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Starting to think that he might be or should be an option already this summer if he does not extend his contract with Tottenham and we miss out on De Jong or a new midfielder other than Rabiot. With a contract that runs out in the summer of 2020, selling him this upcoming summer will be Levy's last opportunity to receive a substantial sum of money for him.

Nah, not necessarily. If we enter the fray alongside RM, and match their money purse, he would most likely chose us.
With Cout here, I don't see us going all in for him, though. Especially considering the type of player we're apparently looking for in the likes of Rabiot and FdJ.

Most Spurs fans seem to believe he's off this summer in any case, and he seems ripe for a last step up. Exciting times ahead of him.

Saw this a few days ago btw.:

7877418-6533651-image-a-2_1545941850946.jpg

It's logical to think that Coutinho's presence would exclude a purchase of Eriksen but is that really the case when we think about it? After all Coutinho is not a midfielder. At least not as long as Valverde is the manager. The 215 minutes that Coutinho has played in the midfield ever since his arrival almost 1 year ago confirms this.

Although Coutinho is far from ideal as an attacking winger in a 4-3-3 system, I could see it being used occasionally and Eriksen could obviously easily fit in such a midfield. Say Busquets, Rabiot and Eriksen. Or Busquets, Arthur and Eriksen. Or the many other different options that could be used.

I have no doubt in my mind that Eriksen would fit. Very well in fact. A player like him could fit in every top club.

Also there is no saying that Coutinho could not be sold should the club receive an absurd offer from say QSG, Man City or another club. It would not be the first or last time that the club would get rid of a high-profile transfer relatively quickly.

Last edited:

Givenchy

Starting to think that he might be or should be an option already this summer if he does not extend his contract with Tottenham and we miss out on De Jong or a new midfielder other than Rabiot. With a contract that runs out in the summer of 2020, selling him this upcoming summer will be Levy's last opportunity to receive a substantial sum of money for him.

its possible and Levy would rather sell abroad than to a PL rival but we won't move for him imo.. Rabiot is coming whether we like it or not and Coutinho is probably gonna end up shoehorned into midfield for another 2 seasons only to be sold when the penny finally drops hes not the right fit for us

totally agree with Wolfe, this was the player we should of spent big bucks on

Leo_Messi

its possible and Levy would rather sell abroad than to a PL rival but we won't move for him imo.. Rabiot is coming whether we like it or not and Coutinho is probably gonna end up shoehorned into midfield for another 2 seasons only to be sold when the penny finally drops hes not the right fit for us

totally agree with Wolfe, this was the player we should of spent big bucks on

I think that we would move for him. It depends on the future manager as Valverde likely will leave this summer. Coutinho should not be an obstacle to that. If the board and the new manager deem Eriksen to be worth going for and as a great opportunity on the transfer market, they will go for him and part ways with Rakitic or other players to give room to him in the squad.

It does not look like, to me at least, that Eriksen is in hurry to extend his contract with Tottenham. I also have no doubt in my mind that he has his eyes set on Spain. Most precisely the two giants and likely with a preference for Barça given past statements.

It's an opportunity that the board should not let escape. I would make a deal with him as quick as possible and make room for him in the squad.

A world class and established player (27 years old only) with several seasons at the highest level left for a relatively affordable transfer fee (most likely). That is a no brainer to me. I have never heard about any problems (personality, behavior or discipline wise) surrounding him either.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans