Christian Eriksen

Devils

It's just small talk. Nobody even considered that they'll buy Mbappe now. Don't jump to conclusions. Mbappe will surely leave after 3 or 4 more years in Paris though.

Hazard is far more likely to be bought this summer; +another striker and CRonaldo's absence won't even be felt. That was the whole point anyway.

Ronaldo's scoring in the CL is untouchable. Nobody even comes to close to him over the last 5 years or so.

That alone will hurt RM immensely.

FC433

What worries me is that Madrid has been saving up quite a lot lately. I hope they spend what they have got on Hazard and Neymar or even Kane before they have to do the rebuild of the team in two seasons when Ramos, Marcelo, Kroos and Modric are done.

Does anyone know the financial situation of both FCB and RMFC?

FCBfan22

What worries me is that Madrid has been saving up quite a lot lately. I hope they spend what they have got on Hazard and Neymar or even Kane before they have to do the rebuild of the team in two seasons when Ramos, Marcelo, Kroos and Modric are done.

Does anyone know the financial situation of both FCB and RMFC?

Our budget is 60-70m plus sales. With Madrid, nobody knows. I'd expect 150 million plus 100 from CR.

Sorin

Real Madrid need an out-and-out striker (like Cristiano has been) who is a guaranteed 40-goal-a-season player to replace Cristiano.

Which is easier said than done.

They hardly need Hazard who's doesn't really putting up impressive numbers anyway. Bale (if he can stay fit) is a better player than him.

Do you really think CRonaldo will keep up the numbers for eternity? His numbers already started to drop since 2 years ago. At least in La Liga they did.

Sure, a peak CRonaldo is hard to replace. Not the version that needs to rest every other 2 matches in La Liga and has a terrible conversion rate. Hazard will not replace his goal numbers, that's certain, however he'll add another dimension to RM attacking play by stretching the field and being way more involved in the build-up. Other players will also pick up the slack without CRonaldo shooting every ball in sight. And they'll add more beside Hazard. Why do people keep ignoring this?

Bale will not be sold so what are we talking like he's not going to be in Madrid? It's not like they're adding Hazard and lose both CRonaldo and Bale. They'll only lose one.

If it's a player they'll have trouble replacing it will be Modric. He's the player that makes RM tick. Like we've experienced on our own skin these past years, WC CM are way harder to find.

I'll end this here since this is was off-topic.

FC433

Our budget is 60-70m plus sales. With Madrid, nobody knows. I'd expect 150 million plus 100 from CR.

Oh no. I did not mean the budget, I meant the debt and such. Last season they ended the summer's window with a positive and the season before, I believe. They will have a massive budget in the coming years, which is concerning. I hope they spend most of what they have been saving on Kane/ Hazard or even Neymar. They have got also Bale who they could sell for at the very least 50m +

FCBfan22

Anyway, my point is we should really go for Eriksen, before Flo sets his eyes on Kane. He has the money.

Sorin

Ronaldo's scoring in the CL is untouchable. Nobody even comes to close to him over the last 5 years or so.

That alone will hurt RM immensely.

2-3 years ago sure. They won the last CL with CRonaldo scoring exactly one goal from the quarters to the finals. He did damage against Apoel and dysfunctional Dortmund in the group stages. He was average in the elimination stages.

ffs he'll not keep the same output for until he's 40. I mean do you really think RM are braindead by selling him? No, they see that he's declining and they are capitalizing on the still high relative value he has now.

Let's just agree to disagree. IMO they'll be way more dangerous with 2 class players instead of a slightly better one in CRonaldo. Hazard + Cavani and they'll be better. Not sure Cavani will be available but we'll see.

EDIT: Last post on this subject. They can do whatever the hell they want, I don't care to argue any more than I already did.

Last edited:

FC433

Spurs are in a funny spot; they really are cash strapped, the stadium budget blew the fuck out. Think that's why they're playing hard-ball over Alderweireld. They haven't sold anyone yet though, i think United are just waiting it out. Nearer the closing of the window Spurs will probably get more desperate and drop their price.
They need to sell someone at somepoint though, that's for sure. Levy's actually fucked on this one, for once.
He still might sell Kane and virtually pay for the stadium in one shot. Totally unlikely though. would love to know what got the ball rolling on these punters chucking those mega-bets out on it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/...fer_roundup_discussion_thread_july_28/e35vnbi

and

The stadium expense overshot by close to £400 million.
Brexit really fucked Spurs hard.
https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/...fer_roundup_discussion_thread_july_28/e35w5u7

Thoughts? will that make our chances of getting CE a bit possible?

YodaMaster

Good player but not exactly what we need right now. We bought a CAM in january, his name is Coutinho. We don't need another 150 million euros CAM atm. What we need is a controlling midfielder and Eriksen isn't that.

FCBfan22

Good player but not exactly what we need right now. We bought a CAM in january, his name is Coutinho. We don't need another 150 million euros CAM atm.
What we need is a controlling midfielder and Eriksen isn't that.

Again, Eriksem played mostly as RM last season at Tottenham.

YodaMaster

Again, Eriksem played mostly as RM last season at Tottenham.

What do you mean by RM ? The Spurs matches I watched he played super high on the pitch as mix between RW and CAM. It's true that sometimes he drops deep but it's a normal reflex for a CAM.

YodaMaster

Obviously I don't watch every single Tottenham's game but the few ones I saw (between 5 and 10) I saw him play super high which I didn't like honestly because I always imagine him at Barca. With Denmark he clearly played CAM though. Now if you tell me that he mainly plays as RCM with Spurs, then fuck yeah let's bring him.
But from what I saw, he likes to play high just like Coutinho.

EDIT: Ok I just checked and I was right he played mostly as CAM and ARM which is RW basically. When he plays ARM/RW he switches a lot with Dele who is CAM. So I don't know what you mean by "RM" but in Valverde's 442 the most similar position to the one he played at with Spurs last season would be the one we have Dembélé and Malcom for. Eriksen is not a CM and he's not a controlling midfielder as I was saying. No point in buying him right now.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Obviously I don't watch every single Tottenham's game but the few ones I saw (between 5 and 10) I saw him play super high which I didn't like honestly because I always imagine him at Barca. With Denmark he clearly played CAM though. Now if you tell me that he mainly plays as RCM with Spurs, then fuck yeah let's bring him.
But from what I saw, he likes to play high just like Coutinho.

EDIT: Ok I just checked and I was right he played mostly as CAM and ARM which is RW basically. When he plays ARM/RW he switches a lot with Dele who is CAM. So I don't know what you mean by "RM" but in Valverde's 442 the most similar position to the one he played at with Spurs last season would be the one we have Dembélé and Malcom for. Eriksen is not a CM and he's not a controlling midfielder as I was saying. No point in buying him right now.

It depends on what Valverde's intentions are. If he plans to play Coutinho in the midfield, there is no point of buying Eriksen. But, if he wants to use Coutinho on LW, I would move Rakitić to LCM, get Eriksen and play him as RCM. Barca always played with one more attacking CM and one more deep CM.

But if we get him, he would give amazing flexibility to the team. In 4-3-3, 4-4-2 diamond or 4-4-2 flat.

Home of Barca Fans