• Iniesta-Xavi-Messi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Messi-Etoo-Xavi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Benetton

The Rolling Stone
Hello

Choose your captain, vice and 2nd vice for Barcelona!. I consider the current captains as best. Puyol, Xavi and Iniesta. Valdes shouldn't be 3rd choice instead should be Messi, Marquez or Etoo.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I voted "other" Xavi and Iniesta are amazing players but far from 1st choice captain material. They just don`t have the influence for the job.

Puyol
Marquez
Xavi

maz

I walk the line
Making eto'o any type of captain is getting a ticking time bomb and superglue-ing it to your stomach. Its not the best of ideas.

As for xavi, he is a great player but is another one that shouldnt be captain. While eto'o has perhaps too much personality, xavi has too little. Can u imagine us being 1-0 down in the CL final, puyol is injured and xavi is our captain..and the rest of the players looking to him to fire them up? Because for me thats the true criteria for what a great captain is. Its what separates the gerrards, the maldinis, the hierros, the puyols from the rest of the captains.

Of course puyol is our #1 captain, but the two vice captains are a bit trickier. I wouldnt object to rafa getting one of the spots, but im not sure about the third. I have always said vv, so ill nominate him.

Puyol-rafa-vv

Zqa-

What about Henry as second? He was captain at Arsenal, and is (in the absence of Vieira) of the French NT.

maz

I walk the line
Its risky to put more burdens on henry. Right now he is playing perfectly well given his role in the team. To give him more responsibilities could be a bad move.

Barca_Ray_USA

Someone who used to cry for entire year because his woman dumped him, and used it as an excuse for his bad performances has no character. A yeah.. It was really hard for him to captain Arsenal when they had the average age of 20. :rolleyes:

Ron

Old-School
My choices are:
1. Puyol
2. Marquez
3. Xavi

I Don't think i have to explaine why Puyol is my first pick, so i'll move on to Rafa Marquez.
Rafa's playing for the club for 6 years now. beside being one of the veterans in our squad, he has the qualities of a Capitain. He's a born leader, he's devoted, committed, fighter and he always gives his best on the pitch. if you want to know what devotion is, check the game againt Reial on the camp this year. when Drenthe was one on one with VV, Marquez ran after him like crazy and managed to get the ball after Drenthe missed. it was one of the best games i've seen from a defender.

Xavi's not Captain material. he's not a leader, he sometimes 'goes to sleep' during the game, he's not the strongest man on the pitch, but like Puyol, he's Barcelona. one club man, a magician on the pitch. when he's at his best, no other midfielder in the world can control a ball like he does nor can play smartly like Xavi. he's a veteran, the heir of Pep, one of the true greatests. Those only, should earn him the Capita ribbon.

A Different chioce - Henry. he may not be Barcelonista in his vains, but there's no match for Experience. Beside winning the Champions Cup, he achieved everything, he saw everything in his career and his character is very plesent.

Last edited:

maz

I walk the line
Welcome art.

Cant believe rafa has been here for 6 years! Life goes so quickly..

I think after reading your post that henry wouldnt be such a bad choice. I mean..his last season at arsenal didnt go down well because he was surrounded by youngsters with a much lower profile than him, he had a recurring injury, he knew his time at arsenal was coming to an end, and im sure he was having problems with his wife.

Now though, he seems much happier and satisfied with life. Having read a few interviews from him this season he seems to be in a good place. I wouldnt object to him being 3rd choice captain. I think he could have more of an effect than quiet-boy xavi.

Home of Barca Fans