Chelsea

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah. We have a bunch at Vitesse, our loan players are their key players and they are top of the league atm, it's causing controversy over in Holland lol.

Galning

Mou: "very difficult to play football when only 1 team wants to play. A match is about 2 teams playing."

:lol: what a moron.

Corruption

Mourinho on West Ham: "This is not Premier League, this is not the best league in the world. This is football from the 19th century."

What an idiot

JackaL

Just as you think you can't hate a football figure more, he pops up with another one! This scumbag parked the bus with the likes of Inter and Real Madrid, and is getting crazy because a delegation dangered West Ham is parking the bus! I just hope he will be unsuccessful for ever, so that every board on this planet understands that his success was short-termed!

pEllee

I'm not a fan of Mourinho or anything but if you can't see any difference between how he sets up his teams to defend and how Allardyce set up his team tonight then I'd question your football knowledge.
Dropping deep to close down your opponents and stop them from creating any chances is a common thing to do. Dropping (too) deep and focusing purely on stopping your opponents crosses and blocking shots is not how Mourinho usually does. That's what Allardyce did today and that was indeed not even an attempt to play football.

Nothing tactically impressing either. They were brave and blocked an impressive amount of shots but that was still mostly based on luck. I'm sure the pundits as well as Allardyce himself thought that was a tactical master plan.

edit: Still, I enjoyed watching Chelsea drop points like that.

Last edited:

JackaL

I'm not a fan of Mourinho or anything but if you can't see any difference between how he sets up his teams to defend and how Allardyce set up his team tonight then I'd question your football knowledge.
Dropping deep to close down your opponents and stop them from creating any chances is a common thing to do. Dropping (too) deep and focusing purely on stopping your opponents crosses and blocking shots is not how Mourinho usually does. That's what Allardyce did today and that was indeed not even an attempt to play football.

Nothing tactically impressing either. They were brave and blocked an impressive amount of shots but that was still mostly based on luck. I'm sure the pundits as well as Allardyce himself thought that was a tactical master plan.

edit: Still, I enjoyed watching Chelsea drop points like that.

As far as I can recall, Eto'o played as a right winger / defender against Barca in the semi-finals. They shot every ball they won to the opponents field, just to re-order themselves in their double decker bus!

I think somebody, who is proven to make his players play anti-football (getting yellows/reds on purpose in the CL qualifying rounds, games against Barca as Madrid coach etc.), shouldn't complain about an opponent that defends as WestH. did.

Home of Barca Fans