Champions League

Catta

To all those who believe that managers make a heck of a lot of difference, I will ask this: who and precisely *why* are the top 5 managers in the world?

Pep, Klopp and Simeone are the top 3, there is no need to explain why, just look at what they did with their teams and how they play. They are the only coaches that have their philosophy installed in their teams to perfection, and can get the best out of their players like nobody other. The rest are all far behind them.

raskolnikov

To all those who believe that managers make a heck of a lot of difference, I will ask this: who and precisely *why* are the top 5 managers in the world?
Pep, Klopp, Sarri, Simeone, Tuchel? Something like that.

How do you guys feel about Setien from Betis?

FC B

I agree. I cannot believe that Real Madrid will remain at their current level for much longer. There is bound to be improvement pretty soon. I expect to see them at the quarters and would not mind drawing them.

I pray we draw them in the next phase.

Centauri B

Pep, Allegri, Klopp, Sarri, Simeone, Tuchel, Pochettino are better than EV for me.

Pep, Klopp, Sarri, Simeone, Tuchel? Something like that.

How do you guys feel about Setien from Betis?

Pep, Klopp and Simeone are the top 3, there is no need to explain why, just look at what they did with their teams and how they play. They are the only coaches that have their philosophy installed in their teams to perfection, and can get the best out of their players like nobody other. The rest are all far behind them.

Pep, Klopp & Simeone seem to be the most popular then.

I think you all do realize that Pep & Klopp have massive resources at their disposal and have also been given the benefit of the doubt when results were not that good.

Simeone is not so lucky as the other 2 (in terms of money, a factor incomparably more important than who the manager is) and is therefore the more legit shout here.

Moreover, why isn't Zidane the best? He has one more CL than Pep and 3 more than Klopp at far less attempts. What gives?

hulinat

What do ya'll think about Erik ten Hag? Ajax has only lost one match this season in all competitions and he was also manager of Bayern Munchen's B team at the same time while Pep was there. He even looks like Pep.

FinBarcelonafan

I think you all do realize that Pep & Klopp have massive resources at their disposal and have also been given the benefit of the doubt when results were not that good.

Simeone is not so lucky as the other 2 (in terms of money, a factor incomparably more important than who the manager is) and is therefore the more legit shout here.

Moreover, why isn't Zidane the best? He has one more CL than Pep and 3 more than Klopp at far less attempts. What gives?

Zidanes LaLiga results are poor.

Joan

So are Pep's CL results. In the end, it will always come down to personal preferences.

Similar to Ballon d'Or, everyone has his own criteria. We'll agree - up to a point, but whether Messi/Pep/someone else ranks 5th or 1st depends on the voter.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

What money did he have at Dortmund? He bought and made stars out of players like Kagawa, Lewandowski, Lucas Barrios, etc. He brought Dortmund to CL finals and could very well have won it if not were not for Gotze to drop a bomb like that right before the final!!

Last edited:

Messigician

Klopp took advantage of Bayern's rebuilding period nothing more than that. Klopp left Dortmund in a terrible state. He is the most overated manager of all time and his sirect style does NOT suit Barcelona.

Centauri B

What money did he have at Dortmund? He bought and made stars out of players like Kagawa, Lewandowski, Lucas Barrios, etc. He brought Dortmund to CL finals and could very well have won it if not were not for Gotze to drop a bomb like that right before the final!!

Dortmund have long been (along with Schalke & Hamburg) only behind Bayern Munich in terms of financial firepower in Germany. Their relative position in Germany, is way better than that of Atletico's.

Morten

Dortmund have long been (along with Schalke & Hamburg) only behind Bayern Munich in terms of financial firepower in Germany. Their relative position in Germany, is way better than that of Atletico's.

No it isnt, at least Barca and RM dont go plundering their squad every other summer, unlike Bayern, who will pick up a few Dortmund players come summer, guaranteed.

El Gato

Villarato!

No they aren’t. That said, he doesn’t belong in the conversation yet.

I love how any manager that wins anywhere is being brought as being better than EV. Lol, come on guys. There are ~3-5 of them that are unarguably better 1 to 1, all are unavailable, 2-3 that would probably do roughly the same and a plethora of of those who’d be in over their heads. That’s the reality.

Klopp took advantage of Bayern's rebuilding period nothing more than that. Klopp left Dortmund in a terrible state. He is the most overated manager of all time and his sirect style does NOT suit Barcelona.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans