Champions League

Total-Football

Which makes it worse, because it shows ref knows it was wrong to give red yet wouldn't refer to VAR.

This is a misconception.. Just because he didn't review it doesn't mean it was not "Varred". The guys at the var room are refs too and if they believed the decision was right without the need for var they would tell him this and he will carry on.. Thus, it will look on TV as if he "didnt use var"

Horatio

You're welcome
This is a misconception.. Just because he didn't review it doesn't mean it was not "Varred". The guys at the var room are refs too and if they believed the decision was right without the need for var they would tell him this and he will carry on.. Thus, it will look on TV as if he "didnt use var"

How can the VAR room ever think that decision was right?

Bobo32

Nice false full back cross from Cancelo. What Koeman wanted to see from Dest today?
Cancelo and Bernardo are probably the first two players I'd get from City. Bernardo would be perfect fit for my Barcelona.

Total-Football

How can the VAR room ever think that decision was right?

Thats another problem.. I was just merely pointing to the fact that those are refs too and they do intervene and take initiative contacting the field ref because that's their job. So for that reason I think technically almost everything related to red cards penos are Varred automatically although on TV it doesn't look like it.
Maybe in the textbook that's a red and all refs there believe so.

stb_1

Nice false full back cross from Cancelo. What Koeman wanted to see from Dest today?
Cancelo and Bernardo are probably the first two players I'd get from City. Bernardo would be perfect fit for my Barcelona.

De Bruyne, Dias? Gundogan better than those two, too.

Morten

Would like to have seen a different angle on that situation in the box, Atalanta player didnt seem to make a big deal out of it after, but still.

Total-Football

I think it's a red . It's one of those instances where one say " shouldnt be but it is what it is" another example is fouls that lead to peno+red. The punished always feel double punished but rules are rules.

Morten

I think it's a red . It's one of those instances where one say " shouldnt be but it is what it is" another example is fouls that lead to peno+red. The punished always feel double punished but rules are rules.

I dont know, feels like Mendy would have been a bit wide, and maybe the gk would have gotten there first too?

Harsh decision.

Home of Barca Fans