Champions League

malvolio

let's hope koeman figures out our first 11 by then. if he's still manager, that is. sociedad could spank us this wednesday.

khaled_a_d

For me they were 22nd tier in possible teams we could face.
First tier was Liverpool & Bayern.
2nd was PSG & City.
3rd: Chelsea
4th: BVB

I think PSG are favorites tbh, but with some luck we might have a chance

malvolio

interestingly, no team present in today's CL draw is topping the league table in their respective championships. all leaders are in the europa league.

Neeraj

At this point, it's really irrelevant to even talk of going through, for me. The only thing I want is to avoid an embarrassment. Give me a 3-1 or 2-0 loss over the two legs and I'd probably take it. That's the level to which this team has made the fans stoop to.

Devils

The only good there is for us is that this tie is in mid-Feb and there might be an opportunity to establish a better system/dynamic by that time.

BarcaOG

Banned
honestly, just happy its not bayern, dortmund or pool. i really dont know what to make of PSG. they are as likely to bottle it as they are to score 3/4 against us...

pls lenglet go away

serghei

For me they were 22nd tier in possible teams we could face.
First tier was Liverpool & Bayern.
2nd was PSG & City.
3rd: Chelsea
4th: BVB

I think PSG are favorites tbh, but with some luck we might have a chance

Had it similar. I had City in first-tier strictly because their style is horrible for us (they struggle with teams who are good in defense and quick to counter, which is basically the opposite of us). They would've done to us what they did to Madrid only worse. PSG were 4th opponent that I wanted to avoid after Bayern, Pool, and City.

Basically not the worst, but not the best either. Middle of the bunch. Of course, we might still get hammered.

honestly, just happy its not bayern, dortmund or pool. i really dont know what to make of PSG. they are as likely to bottle it as they are to score 3/4 against us...

pls lenglet go away

I had Dortmund among the best possible draws, with Chelsea.

Last edited:

Birdy

Ideal draw IMO.

Dortmund sounds easier, but the moment you realize they are faster and can tear us apart on the counter. Same with Chelsea.
We avoided the second type of humiliation.
The first type is having to face Liverpool, Bayern, City.

Now about PSG:
They are complacent and cocky after reaching CL final, which it has to be said: They never faced a big club before Bayern. Let alone that they were bossed by Atalanta until Marquinos started his miracle.

I think it's 50-50. Football-wise they are better, but if we stand a chance, it's against complacent teams as underdogs.

PS: Imagine Messi off to PSG in January...

El Gato

Villarato!
RM fixtures between February and Clasico:

30.01 - Real-Levante
potential 1/4 Copa
06.02 - Huesca-Real
potential 1/2 Copa*
13.02 - Real-Valencia
20.02 - Valladolid-Real
24.02 - Atalanta-Real
27.02 - Real-Sociedad
potential 1/2 Copa*
06.03 - Atleti-Real
13.03 - Real-Elche
16.03 - Real-Atalanta
20.03 - Celta-Real
*WC qualifiers*
03.04 - Real-Eibar
1/4 CL
10.04 - Clasico
1/4 CL

Barca fixtures:

30.01 - Bilbao-Barca
potential 1/4 Copa
06.02 - Betis-Barca
potential 1/2 Copa*
13.02 - Barca-Alaves
16.02 - Barca-PSG
20.02 - Barca-Cadiz
27.02 - Sevilla-Barca
potential 1/2 Copa*
06.03 - Osasuna-Barca
10.03 - PSG-Barca
13.03 - Barca-Huesca
20.03 - Sociedad-Barca
*WC qualifiers*
03.04 - Barca-Valladolid
1/4 CL
10.04 - Clasico
1/4 CL

Atleti:

30.01 - Cadiz-Atleti
potential 1/4 Copa
06.02 - Atleti-Celta
potential 1/2 Copa*
13.02 - Granada-Atleti
20.02 - Atleti-Levante
23.02 - Atleti-Chelsea
27.02 - Villarreal-Atleti
potential 1/2 Copa*
06.03 - Atleti-Real
13.03 - Getafe-Atleti
17.03 - Chelsea-Atleti
20.03 - Atleti-Alaves
*WC qualifiers*
03.04 - Sevilla-Atleti
1/4 CL
10.04 - Betis-Atleti
1/4 CL

With the Supercopa and Copa fixtures pushed into midweek during January-Feb, there is likely to be maximum of 2-3 weeks without midweek fixtures in 4 months of football.

Gotta love the pandemic.

On paper I'd expect Barca to be worst off if they don't mount a league streak in January. Only form can save them from Feb-Mar being full of terrible results and then Clasico may be a formality.

Last edited:

Katarina1

Banned
We could have a chance against PSG with the right lineup but Cowman will probably start with this: MATS, Dest, Araujo, Lenglet, Alba, Busi, Frekie, Roberto, Messi, Coutinho, Griezmann

Home of Barca Fans