Champions League

olivis

You "forgot" all the decisions Bayern had going their way, great.
VAR has nothing to do with us going out.

You have to be close to ignorant if you cannot admit the ref bailed you out there, not once but twice.

At least in 2017 vs Ancelotti's Bayern you were overall actually the better team and it was Neuer who made like 5 impossible saves, so in the end I didn't really care so much.

But in 2018 Heynckes' Bayern was all over you. In the end it was the ref (again) that saved your ass as well as Bayern's 2nd goalkeeper, dunno his name.

But come on why do some Real fans (not all, thankfully) keep on stupidly denying that the ref saved you ass and fucked Bayern over. It's so stupid, just admit it and get on with it rather than defending something that is undefendable.

Morten

You have to be close to ignorant if you cannot admit the ref bailed you out there, not once but twice.

At least in 2017 vs Ancelotti's Bayern you were overall actually the better team and it was Neuer who made like 5 impossible saves, so in the end I didn't really care so much.

But in 2018 Heynckes' Bayern was all over you. In the end it was the ref (again) that saved your ass as well as Bayern's 2nd goalkeeper, dunno his name.

But come on why do some Real fans (not all, thankfully) keep on stupidly denying that the ref saved you ass and fucked Bayern over. It's so stupid, just admit it and get on with it rather than defending something that is undefendable.

You started it by completely ignoring decisions in Bayerns favor, it is what it is.

CatalinR10

Good thing we have Inter with Conte in our group, they'll find a way to screw up if we need help.

Fucking LMAO dawg.

Inter bunch of fucking cucks.

Fucking pieces of shit who couldn't win last night.

Vidal you dumb fuck why did you give away a Penaldo at 1-0 score for Inter , you low IQ potato.

Only lost on Inter on my betting ticket , would have won 320 Eur otherwise.

Fucking cucks they won't even get the 2nd place , just like every year.

Bunch of chocking twats.

SMH.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

2018 Bayern had also some favour decisions from the ref so it was equal for both teams. They were the better team but if you lose 1-2 at home and cant win at the bernabeu although you have much more chances, the exit is deserved.

Morten

2018 Bayern had also some favour decisions from the ref so it was equal for both teams. They were the better team but if you lose 1-2 at home and cant win at the bernabeu although you have much more chances, the exit is deserved.

I'd say Bayern were unlucky in 18, and VAR would have sent us out, we honestly didnt deserve making that final.
Season before? Not the same sympathy, non-penalty at home, then Vidal at SB, people say his red card was a "scandal", yet, the only scandal was that he wasnt sent off way earlier(and that clown had the nerve to moan about it after the game).

Admittedly, they were screwed in Extra time, but they got a offside goal to take it to Extra time in the first place(though we had one too tbf).

Birdy

You'd attribute that to 'game plan' no matter what happened in a fixture against Real Madrid, because that's how it usually goes... They scored because we let them, not because they forced mistakes.
Naturally sum is a sum. There's no dispute there.
The dispute comes with calling the data misleading given we had a volume of chances, 2 or 3 of them (if you count unlucky Jović header) quite good and kept them in check for most of the game making the ultimate result pretty even with Shakhtar getting the benefit for being more clinical.

The ultimate sum shows what the match was really - Real conceding like idiots, banging against the wall erratically and fluffing a couple in attempt to even up the score.

Now you are entering into the realm of empty speculation. How do you know if the mistakes were not the result of their game-plan and 'just' your own wrong-doing?
This is a discussion where there is no clear-cut line. They are the two sides of the same coin: Someone does sth well and the opponent cannot react to that/does sth wrong. You cannot separate them.
When Jesus was pressuring Varane in the City game last August, Varane made mistakes. You cannot take that away from Jesus and City's game-plan to put pressure on your CBs. Likewise, you cannot say Shaktar did not have a game-plan because they clearly had.

As for the xG sum, the argument still stands. Sum without qualifying the components says little.
Of course you had more possession and shots. Thing is that dominance was not effective, as it resulted in only two clear-cut chances (one of them converted).

I think you are just sore from the defeat. Accept it.
You need to improve a lot.

cracken

I thought about that the other day. Madrid stopped winning after the VAR introduction. I mean, just look how many times they got lucky with the ref. TWICE against Bayern (2017, 2018) and also against Juve (2017). And their win in 2016 was the easiest route to the final ever, since the introduction of the CL.

History will remember them being so much better than they actually were, I genuinely think both us and Bayern were much better than Real Madrid in each of their 3 CL winning years.

What happened against Juve? that was a penalty against Benatia and VAR would've allowed it.

And I don't think Bayern was better than Madrid in 2017. Remember they didn't score a single goal from open play and one of their goals was a dubious penalty. Not to mention the tie was only heading to extra time because of that Ramos freakish own goal. Madrid got the decisive calls from the refs, but that doesn't magically make bayern the better team over two legs.

KingLeo10

Madrid 16/17 was one of the all time great teams. 15/16 and 17/18 were meh but you're deluding yourself if you think Barca was better than them in any of those 3 seasons.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I'd say Bayern were unlucky in 18, and VAR would have sent us out, we honestly didnt deserve making that final.
Season before? Not the same sympathy, non-penalty at home, then Vidal at SB, people say his red card was a "scandal", yet, the only scandal was that he wasnt sent off way earlier(and that clown had the nerve to moan about it after the game).

Admittedly, they were screwed in Extra time, but they got a offside goal to take it to Extra time in the first place(though we had one too tbf).

Agree, as a Barca fan I was furious as Bayern didnt take their chances to score more goals in 2018 :suarez1:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Madrid 16/17 was one of the all time great teams. 15/16 and 17/18 were meh but you're deluding yourself if you think Barca was better than them in any of those 3 seasons.

15/16 we were most of the time the better team but in the crucial matches we fucked up. The clasico in 2016 should have been a win for Barca but somehow we lost 1-2 as we dont showed
the same fighting spirit as Real.

16/17 Wow Wow how good was Real in the second half of the season. Neapel, Bayern, Atletico and Juve were outplayed by them. Ronaldo and Modric were on another level during that time.

17/18 Real was most of the time bad but somehow they played well in their away CL matches.

2-1 in Paris
3-0 in Turin
2-1 in Munich

The last away match which Barca won was 2016 against Arsenal. I dont count the 1-0 in Manchester as it was an own goal.

Morten

This is the match where they were denied two blatant penalties. With VAR they go through on Bernabeu no doubt, even with that german Karius as a keeper.

Be happy we stopped them from being 2-3 CL titles above you, instead of just one.

Home of Barca Fans