Champions League

KingLeo10

Ronaldo has, what 5 goals in CL this season and 3 today? How can this happen every time? Perform shit and then in these games, BANG 3 goals. He is bang average most of the game, but then happens to perform 2 games a season and get BALLONDOR. It's aj oke.

he saves them for when it counts. which should be the strategy for Messi, Suarez and co. but our seniors are braindead.

BBZ8800

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION], no one is arguing against your theory that we need more ways to win.

The argument is against workhorse only midfields and thug forwards. CR7 or drogba types are both a dominant presence in the box and technical gifted. those won't come along often.

I have lately said that I changed my mind about workhorses, and I turned to a theory about 2 different approaches for La liga and a CL:

La Liga:
1. possession football is the best (Barca, Pep's teams)
In a CL=possession is not that good, and a faster, more direct football wins
2. midfield: for La liga, you need light, technical midfielders, due to a nature of La liga teams, where ALL teams play technical football. And majority of players are shorter/lighter Spanish and Brasilian players.
In those surroundings, where everyone plays technical football, Barca's style is the best.
So, we can play with Frenkie and Arthurs. All we need is 0 or 1 workhorse.
In a CL, players from Northern countries are usually physically taller and stronger and historically, they play different football than La Liga teams.
In those surroundings, light midfield rarely wins, UNLESS if you have prime Xavi, Iniesta and Messi.
So, for a CL, we need 1-2 physically stronger midfielders, compared to La Liga where you don't need them.
3. attacking actions: in La Liga, again due to a nature of Spanish teams, majority of teams play technical football, so our defenders don't need headers AS MUCH as in Europe.
Also, corners are not such a big problem for Barca in La Liga compared to a CL, since again, Spanish teams are not that good after corners.
So, for La liga, we can survive with playing on the ground.
In a CL, on the other hand, that is often too sterile and not good enough.
And teams who can score both with feet and head are lately CL winners.

If someone mentions Real Madrid:
1. they had at least 1 workhorse (Casemiro)
2. they had 2-3 guys who can score with feet and head (CR7, Benzema, Bale)
3. they could played BOTH possession football, direct football, hoofing long balls and crosses. Unlike us, who can play only possession football.
4. motivation of their key player is better

raskolnikov

Ronaldo has, what 5 goals in CL this season and 3 today? How can this happen every time? Perform shit and then in these games, BANG 3 goals. He is bang average most of the game, but then happens to perform 2 games a season and get BALLONDOR. It's aj oke.
Thats what happens if you have 100% faith in your abilities and work your ass off. I despise Ronaldo as much as the next guy. But his drive is unmatched. This is why Juve bought him and it will bring them the cl and him a ballon d’or, win/win.

FinBarcelonafan

I hate Ronaldo so much and Atletico. Simeone ****** Valverded this game. Absolutely true SHITSHOW. How can you go to Italy and park the bus for 90 minutes??!!?!?!? OBVIOUSLY, THIS HAPPENS!!! He di DIDN*T LEARN ANYTHING FROM BARCEONAS SHITSHOW last season. GOOD JOB!!!

Usuaully I like Simeone, but today he bottled it.

xxxxxx

Juventus aren't even that good. They proved it in the first leg.

Atletico made it so easy for them by basically putting 10 men behind the ball and inviting them to score. If we was in the same situation as Atletico, we would have went for the away goal when it was 2-0.

Chainsaw

Killahead
What a pathetic performance by Atletico! Seriously, what the fuck did I just watch? They came to lose. No try, no plan to attack. Just downright pathetic!

Home of Barca Fans