Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

mate ill be honest with you. switched off after the 1-0. knew it was going to be 3-0 and extra time defeat. but i got it slightly wrong.

No offense, but it's this sort of attitude of Barca fans which makes me think they don't deserve a CL title. How can you expect the players to put their heart in the club with total commitment when you switch off a CL semi at half time when your team is 3-1 up on aggregate.

LMessi85

Was I right about Liverpool ?!?

They play how we should play .. fabulously creative , inventive football ..

Henderson and Milner ( 37?) and Fabinho embarrassed Rakitic completely.
Roberto made three bad errors in the first 3 minutes !!

Valverde should resign if he has anything about him.

Rakitic? You mean he played tonight??

kilian

Suarez literally gave up his hero worship at Anfield for us - he had the comittment just didn't have the quality. Messi? Cmon man he literally did everything in our arrival to the semi - but yet again NO ONE EVER STEPS UP IF MESSI DOESN'T.

He gave it up because he is a cunt on the field. He`s our cunt, but he`s still a cunt.
Regarding Messi, I don`t want to get into a discussion about his off the ball movement now. We all know it and we all see it. It doesn`t detract anything from his brilliance or our over-reliance on him.

booge

No offense, but it's this sort of attitude of Barca fans which makes me think they don't deserve a CL title. How can you expect the players to put their heart in the club with total commitment when you switch off a CL semi at half time when your team is 3-1 up on aggregate.

yeah but by a fan who turns off a television somehow transmit less energy to the players hundred miles away.
next time ill text messi " hey messi - 1-0 down but still believe and tv still on mate"

Ahmedd

That Dembele miss has nothing to do with our exit - we were lucky to win that game by 3 nil. Btw, what about the Suarez miss today after Messi put him through today?
You are ignoring fundamentals - this team is not good enough to win against a well-coached and well-rounded team like Liverpool.
I think it’s a mental issue, we clearly saw how lost our players were. It’s Valverde’s fault, we should have played like Fcb should and know how to play. A well coached Barca can beat any team out there. And Dembele should have scored that goal like Messi Cou and Suarez should have taken their chances.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is OK that we lose to Liverpool or any team for that matter, but not in this fashion. We are forever pinned to the pole of infamy for on the receiving end of a comeback TWICE in a row. This is the most humiliating chapter in our history and in any football club's history. We achieved the level of infamy that no other club would reach.

And the way we lost this game is unforgivable. Where was the motivation, where was the fighting spirit? None, as if we had won it and advanced to the final. I am ashamed of EVERY SINGLE player out there and Valverde. They don't deserve to win our badge on their chest. They are so spoiled and pathetic. This loss will have a psychological effect on us for a long time as long as this crop of players are still here so I don't think we will recover for several years in the CL. Kiss goodbye to the CL.

We need to rebuild. Rebuild with a new crop of players who are will not settle with this pathetic and lethargic football that we are playing, players who fight to the last second until the whistle is blown. I will continue to support the club but until Valverde and this crop of players are out of my club, bye bye.

barcaUniversal
Lionel Messi was directly was directly involved in all eight of Barcelona's shots tonight against Liverpool:
• 5 shots attempted
• 3 chances created
One man team. Ridicilous.
Why does Messi always have to make the difference; score or assist the decider? Didn't we pay €150m for Coutinho? Isn't Suarez supposed to be the best striker in the world? Where are they when Messi has an average (compared to his own level) day? Football is cruel.

People will still come here and take potshots at Leo, which I find almost as disgusting as this defeat. He is totally blameless this year. TOTALLY.

LMessi85

Best player of all time and how well did we do the last couple of years in cl?! It's a waste of such talent. And that RM pig won it 3 times in 4 years.

booge

It is OK that we lose to Liverpool or any team for that matter, but not in this fashion. We are forever pinned to the pole of infamy for on the receiving end of a comeback TWICE in a row. This is the most humiliating chapter in our history and in any football club's history. We achieved the level of infamy that no other club would reach.

And the way we lost this game is unforgivable. Where was the motivation, where was the fighting spirit? None, as if we had won it and advanced to the final. I am ashamed of EVERY SINGLE player out there and Valverde. They don't deserve to win our badge on their chest. They are so spoiled and pathetic. This loss will have a psychological effect on us for a long time as long as this crop of players are still here so I don't think we will recover for several years in the CL. Kiss goodbye to the CL.

We need to rebuild. Rebuild with a new crop of players who are will not settle with this pathetic and lethargic football that we are playing, players who fight to the last second until the whistle is blown. I will continue to support the club but until Valverde and this crop of players are out of my club, bye bye.

your right in what you say but you forget to portion blame on this humiliating chapter in Barcelona's history. Valverde is responsible for tarnishing Barcelona legacy and staining it forever with the words, bottle jobs!!

Unfortunately he must pay the price and be sacked. He cannot come back from this.

booge

Best player of all time and how well did we do the last couple of years in cl?! It's a waste of such talent. And that RM pig won it 3 times in 4 years.

i feel u man. i really do. messi just gotta carry on doing what he is doing. Its not up to him to tell team to be offensive in away matches.

its up to the coach at end of the day how they approach CL away matches.

Potroh

I hope at least some of you listened to the post-game reactions by Klopp and Valverde.
The difference is there and the end-result is also partially expressed by this huge difference...

Klopp is truly intelligent, has deep identification with his players, he was capable to enhearten and enthuse - his "boys" - as he says.

On the other hand all Valverede is capable of saying is nothing else but dull, pre-fabricated and stereotype sentences, a lot of demagogy and no thoughts whatsoever.

A huge difference, and forgive me if I've been trying to put this fiasco just into the shoulders of the coach, but I'm certain that it was his fault and almost his fault alone.

For quite some months - along with many other of course - I've been trying to tell in this forum that Valverde simply ruins Barca's style, approach and tactics, and just hope that this result will awaken similar thoughts in you, because Barca's future cannot be anything else but pretty dark with this coach.

A defending game-play or a semi-attacking formations and tactics are NOT Barca, so until a much braver and more dynamic coach comes - who wouldn't try to hide behind the notion of being "conservative" is the thing needed now.
Of course some newer players need to come, some sent away or sold, but the core-problem is with the general mentality of the coach.
Nothing can be solved or fixed under Valverde...

Home of Barca Fans