Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

JedBanker

Liverpool fans are despised world wide for their arrogance....despite only winning one champions league and no league in the last 30 years they act as if they are goddamed Madrid. They should just stick to their dumb song about never walking alone which honestly should be replaced with "next year is our year". If they beat us it wont be because of their superior talent but rather they are just the perfect type of team to counter us. Hopefully Messi shows up and shows them what happens when a crass city like liverpool meets the class of Barcelona.

serghei

Referee Björn Kuipers (NED) Barca matches:

9/09 FC Barcelona FC 2-0 Dynamo Kyiv
2/10 VfB Stuttgart 1-1 FC Barcelona
4/12 FC Barcelona 3-1 AC Milan
4/13 FC Barcelona 1-1 Paris Saint-Germain
9/15 AS Roma 1-1 FC Barcelona
4/17 FC Barcelona 0-0 Juventus

Fucking Kuipers :facepalm:

serghei

Of course they are, any team that is playing a 90+ points league season in a top league is. We can very well lose against Liverpool. If Monaco can put 6 goals in 2 legs past tactical grand master Sir Pep's 2 billion Euro team, we can also lose against the best Liverpool team in years. It's the nature of Cup games where margins are small. They score first from a set piece, we panic, one more counter goal and we're done. Sure, can happen.

It's just ridiculous that people would expect us to not only lose but get TRASHED Bayern-style even though Liverpool haven't trashed any top team the whole season and the circumstances in 2013 were unique. Which top team ever had its head coach fighting with cancer and sending tactical instructions via WhatsApp from across the Atlantic?

I don't even count Bayern's 1-3 loss as a trashing. One goal was a Neuer mistake, one goal was a corner, the last goal was at the end of the game when Bayern had given up. It's a rather heavy loss scorewise but far from a trashing. And that's against a garbage Bayern side under Kovac who is struggling to win Bundesliga. Why the fuck should we get trashed? We never got trashed in 2 years except once which was down to complacency after 4-1 in the first leg against a supposed "minnow" which the entire team undererstimated.

The 'we will be trashed' narrative is stupid. I agree with this. Worst I expect on Camp Nou is a draw with goals.

Devils

lol we are gonna smash these fools.

Liverpool have so many weaknesses, it's incredible they are still competing for the PL title.

Just watch, this match will play out exactly like our match did against Juve when we had MSN. Liverpool will struggle to get the ball to their front three and the rest of their mediocre team will get exposed.

Howlgrana

Clement Lenglet revealed before the game that the Catalan club had been spending a lot of time analysing their Premier League opponents.

"To prepare I have videos of the players I am going to face," he told El Periodico.

"I look at what they like to do, how they dribble, how they move, how they behave at certain moments, what foot they prefer.

"When does (Andy) Robertson, for example, like to cross and where does he usually put the ball? Does (Roberto) Firmino prefer to go to the front post or attack the back post? I like to have every piece of information possible."

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/pr...alverde-has-put-liverpool#48GP1MIZquw3VFqX.99

Jaguar

Flair Trait
48 hours exactly for the game. Will be our first real match against Champion material this season, hope we play our best this season, we will almost certainly need to.

Vilarrubi

Clement Lenglet revealed before the game that the Catalan club had been spending a lot of time analysing their Premier League opponents.

"To prepare I have videos of the players I am going to face," he told El Periodico.

"I look at what they like to do, how they dribble, how they move, how they behave at certain moments, what foot they prefer.

"When does (Andy) Robertson, for example, like to cross and where does he usually put the ball? Does (Roberto) Firmino prefer to go to the front post or attack the back post? I like to have every piece of information possible."

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/pr...alverde-has-put-liverpool#48GP1MIZquw3VFqX.99

Quality stuff, impossible to drop him at this point.. even if Umtiti was fit.

Jaguar

Flair Trait

From reading that, Liverpool players are going to do the opposite of what they normally do 😂😂😂 Gotta confuse the opponent 😂

serghei

So you were complaining for 2 years straight and think your complaining was justified and you are vindicated based on 1 result in 2 years which you predict to happen again. Well done to you. Keep complaining. The good old "I'll predict negativity so if it happens I'm Nostradamus and told you so and if doesn't happen my team won and I'm still happy" tactics seems to work nicely for some people's psychology.

This is the worst we play in a decade because this is also the worst Barca team in 2 decades. Or do you still see Neymar dribbling and running on the left flank, Iniesta gliding past players, Alves marauding down the flanks and a younger, more agile Suarez bullying defenders with Xavi spreading balls left and right?

Hilarious how people still can't get to grip with the fact that this isn't a dream team anymore and all the key players are 30+ years old. Just because we got a 22 year old from Brazil who is somewhat promising and a winger who is injured 50 % of the time and the other 50 % of the time trying to regain form, doesn't mean we are the shit.

We have huge holes in the squad, biggest of them being Messi's positioning and the lack of elite rightback, which amplifies the problem even more. Our complete right side is a BIG issue since Lucho's 2nd season when Messi stopped playing on the right. It's impossible to structure the team like this other than 4-4-2-ish which isn't the traditional Barca way of course. We have no right winger, our rightback can't do shit without a winger to combine with and our right midfielder, Rakitic, has to do all the dirt work that the right winger should be doing normally. What's Barcaforum's opinion on this? "Herp derp, Valverde doesn't play dream football and Rakitic should be sold and Roberto is a desaster."

Not even worth discussing. People here actually deserve Sarri or Setien or Sampaoli or Tuchel "how to lose French Cup with 3 trillion Eure PSG" tactical masterclass flavour of the month coaches that they were worshipping in the past 2 years. Real shame Valverde extended.

Now, hold on a minute.

You're basically having the same pessimistic approach as the others you're blaming for their constant whining. What are the huges hole in the squad? That we don't have a world class RB? Heh, neither does anybody else. Our striker is past it? Could be. Europe's top teams all have 30+ strikers. Benzema, Ronaldo, Aguero, Lewandowski, Diego Costa etc.

Now, it is true that Valverde is doing a reasonable job all things considered, but he's not really elevating this team. This is a fine team he's having, not like he's been given a bunch of supbar players, and he's elevating them. This team is filled with top quality players. Yea, current Barca are not a legendary side, as the former teams from 2009, 2011 and 2015, but it is unreasonable to expect world class quality on every position, or even all time great quality in some as we used to have.

This is a team that is expected to at least go toe to toe with Liverpool. There is enormous pressure on everybody to deliver this. This is not one of those ties where we have no pressure. Far from it. Pressure is great on manager and players alike.

Last edited:

xXKonan

The funny thing with the RB situation is It won't change anytime soon.

Semedo so far hasn't complained about anything nor there are any rumors of him doing so. You will see both Bob and Semedo rotate that spot until both cannot physically do so anymore or someone like Wague or any other RB prospect we signed somehow breaks up the duo.

Gari

Liverpool fans are despised world wide for their arrogance....despite only winning one champions league and no league in the last 30 years they act as if they are goddamed Madrid. They should just stick to their dumb song about never walking alone which honestly should be replaced with "next year is our year". If they beat us it wont be because of their superior talent but rather they are just the perfect type of team to counter us. Hopefully Messi shows up and shows them what happens when a crass city like liverpool meets the class of Barcelona.

Is it necessary to talk? ""Jürgen Klopp (Liverpool manager): "The Camp Nou is just a stadium, quite big, but it's not a football temple."""He never even played in Camp Nou or against Barça.And saying this shit.

FC B

The 'we will be trashed' narrative is stupid. I agree with this. Worst I expect on Camp Nou is a draw with goals.

If that was to happen Barca is pretty much out imo, since I can't see them holding on vs. Liverpool on Anfield without at least a goal or two cushion ahead.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Now, hold on a minute.

You're basically having the same pessimistic approach as the others you're blaming for their constant whining. What are the huges hole in the squad? That we don't have a world class RB? Heh, neither does anybody else. Our striker is past it? Could be. Europe's top teams all have 30+ strikers. Benzema, Ronaldo, Aguero, Lewandowski, Diego Costa etc.

Now, it is true that Valverde is doing a reasonable job all things considered, but he's not really elevating this team. This is a fine team he's having, not like he's been given a bunch of supbar players, and he's elevating them. This team is filled with top quality players. Yea, current Barca are not a legendary side, as the former teams from 2009, 2011 and 2015, but it is unreasonable to expect world class quality on every position, or even all time great quality in some as we used to have.

This is a team that is expected to at least go toe to toe with Liverpool. There is enormous pressure on everybody to deliver this. This is not one of those ties where we have no pressure. Far from it. Pressure is great on manager and players alike.

Well put Serghei. He blames Neymessi for : The good old "I'll predict negativity so if it happens I'm Nostradamus and told you so and if doesn't happen my team won and I'm still happy" tactics seems to work nicely for some people's psychology.

But the irony goes right above his head it seems since he just did the same.

Lets just go quickly over how average Barca's teams is :

-Best GK
-Best LB
-Best CB duo
-Arthur in top form --> meaning that Busi and Raktic ( who stepped up lately) play better
-The fucking GOAT

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Last edited:

malvolio

That's why I don't get this negativity thing. We are not a team of bums. We are the most succesfull club in the world over the last 10 years. No one has won more than us.

Sure, we are not the same as in 2009 or 2011, but we are still elite considering the level of the other teams. What's the point of being a fan if all is doom and gloom even before the match starts?!

serghei

The funny thing with the RB situation is It won't change anytime soon.

Semedo so far hasn't complained about anything nor there are any rumors of him doing so. You will see both Bob and Semedo rotate that spot until both cannot physically do so anymore or someone like Wague or any other RB prospect we signed somehow breaks up the duo.

There is no RB situation. We're doing rather fine in that position. Which team can give you 2 options at the moment at RB like Sergi Roberto and Semedo?

Home of Barca Fans