Champions League: APOEL Nicosia - FC Barcelona 0-4

L

linetty

Lots of positives to take from the game once again. I'm so happy now.

BerkeleyBernie

No surprise without Neymar our collective play is way better.

No! FACT: without Neymar, we are an incredibly weak team!

Kidding aside, the team overall was very mobile today, all over the pitch, starting with Messi, who seemed to cover more distance today than any time in the past two years. If anyone has that stat, I'd like to see it.

Icarium

Lifestealer
If we play like this against Valencia too then we can aim for CL or Liga. All hope is not lost. Awesome week so far, so many matches in coming weeks. 2 matches every week in next 30 days. Football treat.

dakt

Still not satisfied with our midfield. Rakitic had many mistakes...looks so lost in tight spaces.

Icarium

Lifestealer
No! FACT: without Neymar, we are an incredibly weak team!

Kidding aside, the team overall was very mobile today, all over the pitch, starting with Messi, who seemed to cover more distance today than any time in the past two years. If anyone has that stat, I'd like to see it.

Who cares about how much distance he traveled. I actually want him to walk as less distance as possible. less distance means more messi esque runs. More goals and that is what we want. But in general yeah he covered more distance because of him occupying both right wing and center.

vinni

Fun match!

I think Rafina did well beside that card. He really showed some promise tonight. Xavi was amazing and so was Macherano. Was cool to see him play so high up when Busquets came on.
Messi.

I Feel a bit bad for Alves. He seemed to struggle most of the match :(

BerkeleyBernie

Who cares about how much distance he traveled. I actually want him to walk as less distance as possible. less distance means more messi esque runs. More goals and that is what we want. But in general yeah he covered more distance because of him occupying both right wing and center.

Apparently, he can handle both. The point is not the distance, but the fact that he is more available than when walking up front. That means 1) it helps tie the team together, 2) there isn't a big hole in the middle of the pitch (from both an attacking and defending POV), and 3) Messi sees more of the ball, which is always a good thing.

Home of Barca Fans