Champions League 2019-20

serghei

You can't complain about Van Dijk winning it. Superb defender and probably the best in the world on his position, quite clearly for me. Also an absolute class act as a person.

xxxxxx

You can't complain about Van Dijk winning it. Superb defender and probably the best in the world on his position quite clearly. Also an absolute class act as a person.

He's a great defender and he's big part of why Liverpool won it, but Messi literally carried Barcelona to the semi-finals last year. If we had a good coach and a team who didn't choke, Messi would have won it.

Devils

It's always the same with these awards.

Standout player for the team that wins the CL get the award.

It doesn't matter if some guy scores 80 goals in a league.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't even know why VVD was chosen ahead of the likes of Salah, Mane, Firmino, Eriksson etc. from Liverpool, aside that he is Dutch and his NT finished second in that useless tournament.

FinBarcelonafan

I don't even know why VVD was chosen ahead of the likes of Salah, Mane, Firmino, Eriksson etc. from Liverpool, aside that he is Dutch and his NT finished second in that useless tournament.

It's obviously not about best invidual but the best team. Leo got robbed last year finishing fifth place
Now second. I blame Valverde for this shit finish.

Altomonte

Don't forget the GK, A. Becker. I think he was more important for Liverpool in both the Semifinal win at Anfield and in the Final. Without him Barça would have scored at least one goal at Anfield.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Don't forget the GK, A. Becker. I think he was more important for Liverpool in both the Semifinal win at Anfield and in the Final. Without him Barça would have scored at least one goal at Anfield.

Yeah, that's what I meant (wrote Eriksson when I meant Alisson), hehe. What made VVD stand out over the rest of those players? Of course he is a very good player but not sure how he did more than the rest of them. To me VVD's elevated status was manufactured by the media.

Home of Barca Fans