Champions League 2017/18

El Gato

Villarato!
Could have been if it weren't true.

I don’t blame you tbh. Only natural instinct for rival fans. Got to find solace somewhere when you’re full of envy towards the opposite side. Grab a beer and cheer Liverpool on. Most of the neutrals who aren’t Man United fans will do the same. Madrid are used to being the team everyone wants to lose. Just like Celtics during Showtime.

Last edited:

TrueCule

I don’t blame you tbh. Only natural instinct for rival fans. Got to find solace somewhere when you’re full of envy towards the opposite side. Grab a beer and cheer Liverpool on. Most of the neutrals who aren’t Man United fans will do the same. Madrid are used to being the team everyone wants to lose. Just like Celtics during Showtime.

You're so arogant and cocky. I can't wait that Liverpool put you in your place tonight. Like you said, it's going to be the whole world against you.

serghei

I don’t blame you tbh. Only natural instinct for rival fans. Got to find solace somewhere when you’re full of envy towards the opposite side. Grab a beer and cheer Liverpool on. Most of the naturals who aren’t Man United fans will do the same. Madrid are used to being the team everyone wants to lose. Just like Celtics during Showtime.

Dude, I got in the conversation when somebody said this Madrid team is better than Pep's Barcelona. I'm just saying it's rubbish and giving arguments why. Stop trying to be a smart ass. I wouldn't change our season for Madrid's season in this exact moment. And unless Madrid win playing great football (not just winning like in 2016) I wouldn't do it after tonight either.

You're so arogant and cocky. I can't wait that Liverpool put you in your place tonight. Like you said, it's going to be the whole world against you.

No. Actually it's going to be 14 vs 14 with some refs who'd do better to not fuck it up and allow for the best team on the night to win it, whichever that might be.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!

Might come across as that in writing. Believe me, it’s just being candid. Supporters of rich/powerful teams know full well majority of the rest are against them just for that fact. Not sure what else can we say to that other than “come at us”.

[MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION]
I know you wouldn’t. You made it plainly clear you don’t rate the CL. Even if there is a big part of you that envies Madrid success in it. I just find it funny how you’re all for consistency, regularity, blah blah.. and still manage to get your knickers in the twist and give a damn about the competition you don’t even rate :lol:

serghei

[MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION]
I know you wouldn’t. You made it plainly clear you don’t rate the CL. Even if there is a big part of you that envies Madrid success in it. I just find it funny how you’re all for consistency, regularity, blah blah.. and still manage to get your knickers in the twist and give a damn about the competition you don’t even rate :lol:

No, I rate the CL highly. I would've sacked Valverde post Roma just to send a message to the whole team. But I also rate La Liga highly. So, tanking in one is not acceptable for me as a fan. A truly great team should be able to win both, or at least compete for both hard, until the end. When that doesn't happen it's a big dent in the season.

But for some reason, a lot of Madrid fans act as if being shit in the competition that forms 80% of the season is somehow not a problem at all if they win a Cup competition, no matter the luck involved. They are obsessed with CL.

El Gato

Villarato!
No, I rate the CL highly. I would've sacked Valverde post Roma just to send a message to the whole team. But I also rate La Liga highly. So, tanking in one is not acceptable for me as a fan. A truly great team should be able to win both, or at least compete for both hard, until the end.

Wouldn’t use tanking here since it implies they did it on purpose. Which obviously not the case. Otherwise I agree with the last part. Absolute waste of time arguing who’s the greatest too. In anything, anywhere.

And you proved time and time again you don’t like the CL, because of its format where you’re not held accountable to bad performance in the group etc. You prefer league competitions where regularity matters. No need to backtrack.

But for some reason, a lot of Madrid fans act as if being shit in the competition that forms 80% of the season is somehow not a problem at all if they win a Cup competition, no matter the luck involved. They are obsessed with CL.

Hardly obsessed. Most just know which one is seen as more important in the world. There is nothing like the CL final, only World Cup final compares.

Last edited:

serghei

Wouldn’t use tanking here since it implies they did it on purpose. Which obviously not the case. Otherwise I agree with the last part. Absolute waste of time arguing who’s the greatest too. In anything, anywhere.

And you proved time and time again you don’t like the CL, because of its format where you’re not held accountable to bad performance in the group etc. You prefer league competitions where regularity matters. No need to backtrack.

I prefer league competitions the same way most managers do, including Zidane. Because it's more of an indicator of a team's overall season and performances than just a competition that becomes relevant only from march until may. But the CL becomes the main focus of the season in the last third of it, when you are 3-4 good games away from winning it. I said La Liga and CL are too different to compare and that each competition holds an important value in the context of a full season. CL is the no1 objective from starting with 2nd part of march, when the big games begin. This means that between late august and late march, the league is where it's at. This means what? 7 months out of 9 where the league is the most important competition, because let's face it CL groups are just there so that the smaller teams could be part of the Champions League too. Madrid finished 2nd in the groups in the last 2 years, especially since the change of seeding procedure means you can finish 2nd in the groups and draw an easier team than if you finish first (see PSG and Bayern case).

Last edited:

messid10s

I've made my mind that RM is winning it tonight. People with hope will be disappointed even more as Loserpool stands 0% chance imho.

Liverpool beat Man City possibly the best team in Europe in both legs of their Champions League tie. Madrid are favourites but to say Liverpool have no chance is absolutely crazy.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Some people think Liverpool is Eibar, If liverpool doesnt win I will leave this forum

Good. RM would bottle it if it was Eibar.

But in truth, the game will be a big maturity and competency test for Liverpool. If they beat us, they'll show they belong.

serghei

Hardly obsessed. Most just know which one is seen as more important in the world. There is nothing like the CL final, only World Cup final compares.

It's still just one game. Doesn't excuse 7 months of poor showings. Not for me at least.

Good. RM would bottle it if it was Eibar.

But in truth, the game will be a big maturity and competency test for Liverpool. If they beat us, they'll show they belong.

I see the game as a big test for how far can top management can take you with a normal good team, not elite in any way. Liverpool on paper have nothing to beat Madrid with, maybe 1-2 players would get into Madrid's team. It's a case of them overachieving with an incredible manager at the helm.

Last edited:

messid10s

I actually feel relatively confident about Liverpool's chances. The game will be so open which gives Liverpool a good chance.

Home of Barca Fans