Champions League 2017/18

JohnS

The 2005 AC Milan team were one of the best teams I've ever seen and we beat them with Djimi Traore playing for us!! Don't hand Madrid the cup yet ;)
And you forgot to add we came back from being 3-0 down at half time. I think everybody knows that but still nice to mention it again

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Barcelona have been the most embarrassing in this entire goddamn competition for 3 years now. Fucking morons don't deserve the paychecks that they get.

You'd never see this lot go down fighting like Bayern or Roma. Never.

Now Real about to win their third in a row.

FC Barcelona should be ashamed of themselves.

I wonder if Real threepeating will motivate the squad to do better. Maybe. Maybe not. Leaning towards the latter tbh.

Birdy

Liverpool's defense is atrocious both individually (bar Van Dijk) and collectively.
They make amateurish mistakes, and that seems to be the rule rather than the exception.
The exception was the two legs against City, where Liverpool's defense was surprisingly very good.
If they cannot replicate that for the final, i don't see any hope no matter how good their front three will be on that day

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
I wonder if Real threepeating will motivate the squad to do better. Maybe. Maybe not. Leaning towards the latter tbh.

if real madrid win again, every team in europe will have huge inferiority complex vs madrid. which will be a huge advantage for seasons to come.

Madrid will have a stronger squad next season as well. it is now or never to stop this team in my opinion.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
i can't see any other team,including us,winning cl in the next couple of years apart from madrid

One still needs luck to win the CL, you don't have to be the best team. Luck will finally recede from Bernabeu's witch office, other teams still have their chance.

serghei

We will win the CL when we will plan our season more wisely in april - may. Need to pace ourselves so that we have a lot left in the tank late in the season. Quality wise, we're probably as good as Madrid and Bayern.

Valverde murdered us in february and march.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What we need to do is rest more players when we got the chance to do, and really don't give a shit about the CDR until the SFs.

serghei

What we need to do is rest more players when we got the chance to do, and really don't give a shit about the CDR until the SFs.

Obviously. People were signaling this since february when Valverde played mostly the same team over and over again. In the first 3 months of the year, this is when you need to rotate a lot. Games are pilling up and it's virtually impossible to fight on 3 fronts with the same team almost.

Good rotations in january - march is key for CL.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

The problem with that is if we do full rotation we might not make it to the semi-finals. Unless we just give up on the CdR which in my opinion is OK to do.

KingLeo10

treble shouldn't be the focus. european double is 95% as good as a treble. besides bayern, united, or inter won't be threatening our treble count any time soon. and real almost never win the league when winning CLs.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You might be surprised. You don't need to do full crazy mode rotations anyway.

Possible. I am actually looking forward to seeing our rotation/bench players (certainly without Messi) playing together more consistently to see what they are capable of, this will give us ideas about how to plan for the post-Messi era. CdR is the perfect venue for us to try that.

Home of Barca Fans