Champions League 2017/18

TrueCule

People here are already calculating who will play who in the next stage of the competition despite the 2nd leg of the quarterfinals are yet to be played.

City can turn this tie around imo. They won against Liverpool with a huge margin (6:0) in this season at the Etihad. Liverpool is going to miss Henderson and don't have any replacement for him. Can is out for a whole season due to back injury. Lallana is also not available yet. Yes, if Liverpool score, then this would definetely kill the tie. But if they don't and City manage to score early, everything is possible. Liverpool aren't known for their compact defence and once they concede, they panic and concede like crazy.

I also think that Juve can upset Real on BernaLeo. Real will suffer for sure if they'll play like they did in Turin. Missing Ramos and Nacho with Varane not fully fit and playing with unexperienced Vallejo could turn out bad for Real. Real also played amazing last season against Bayern in the first leg but suffered a lot against them on Bernaleo and even managed to let 2 goals past them which lead to extra time. I believe that Wednesday's match might be similar to that one.

beck123

Banned
People here are already calculating who will play who in the next stage of the competition despite the 2nd leg of the quarterfinals are yet to be played.

City can turn this tie around imo. They won against Liverpool with a huge margin (6:0) in this season at the Etihad. Liverpool is going to miss Henderson and don't have any replacement for him. Can is out for a whole season due to back injury. Lallana is also not available yet. Yes, if Liverpool score, then this would definetely kill the tie. But if they don't and City manage to score early, everything is possible. Liverpool aren't known for their compact defence and once they concede, they panic and concede like crazy.

I also think that Juve can upset Real on BernaLeo. Real will suffer for sure if they'll play like they did in Turin. Missing Ramos and Nacho with Varane not fully fit and playing with unexperienced Vallejo could turn out bad for Real. Real also played amazing last season against Bayern in the first leg but suffered a lot against them on Bernaleo and even managed to let 2 goals past them which lead to extra time. I believe that Wednesday's match might be similar to that one.

Juve don't stand a chance. If they manage to score 3 somehow without their best player Dybala, Real will go all out attack and score at least 4 if Juve score 3. Real Madrid isn't PSG to bottle that result.

And don't tell me Juve have the best defence in the world, you'll make yourself look like a fool.

RM,Bayern exposed them a lot of times.

Real, Barca, Bayern are almost in SF.

The last tie City-Liverpool is quite unpredictable. City can put five past them, and can qualify even if Liverpool score.

Last edited:

Neymessi

Juve isn't turning this around. Absolutely 0 chance. manc turning around could happen but thats also pretty unlikely. All matches are virtually over in the first leg this time.

serghei

Juve isn't turning this around. Absolutely 0 chance. manc turning around could happen but thats also pretty unlikely. All matches are virtually over in the first leg this time.

Anyone thinks Juve could turn this around? :lol:

City has 10 times more chances of turning it around on their stadium than Juventus and Roma. I'd say Roma and Juve have about 1.5 - 2% chances, while City has about 15-20% chances of turning it around considering they have won a game vs Liverpool 5-0 this season.

Centauri B

City has 10 times more chances of turning it around on their stadium than Juventus and Roma. I'd say Roma and Juve have about 1.5 - 2% chances, while City has about 15-20% chances of turning it around considering they have won a game vs Liverpool 5-0 this season.

City has around 5% to 10% at the absolute maximum to turn it around.

Roma has around 10% max.

Juventus have less than 2%

serghei

Roma has around 10% max.

Roma? :lol: They are completely done. As much as Juventus. Their defenders are poor. Manolas and Fazio wouldn't start for any top 5 team in Spain. We'll go there and play the game and it'll probably end in a 0-0 or 1-1 draw. The moment Roma become too daring we'll score.

Last edited:

Centauri B

I would be fine with either Liverpool or Madrid.

We have always matched up well against Madrid over the past few years and we're probably the only team with the right mentality to knock them out.

Liverpool have a budget version of MSN in Salah-Firmino-Sane, but their midfield is even worse then ours and don't get me started on their defense and goalkeeping. Valverde would play for the draw at Anfield and we would beat them by a few goals at the Camp Nou.

Bayern are the only team that scare me. I don't like how we match up against them and I think we would really struggle against them. If we end up with Bayern then Madrid would be paired up with Liverpool and that would only mean one thing - Real Madrid in a third consecutive CL final and that's the last thing we need.

All 4 teams that will be in the semis can knock each other out.

BUT, I my preference would be in this sequence:

1. Liverpool - the weakest side still left in the draw despite their deadly attacking players.

2. Real Madrid - we have played them countless times in recent years, we beat them more often than they beat us. Simple as.

3. Bayern Munich - Maybe we overrate Bayern. I am not sure about them at all.

Centauri B

Roma? :lol: They are completely done. As much as Juventus. Their defenders are poor. Manolas and Fazio wouldn't start for any top 5 team in Spain. We'll go there and play the game and it'll probably end in a 0-0 or 1-1 draw. The moment Roma become too daring we'll score.

I hope you are right. That's why I said 10% max. Probably 5% because they are at home. But yes, IF we play well, their chances go down to zero.

Neymessi

They scored 5 with a red card to mane and due to the fact that liverpool didn't have to defend a 3-0 lead. But yeah I agree with you they have more chances than roma and juve but still very unlikely.

Roma has around 10% max.

Lol how come you rate romas comeback chance higher than mancs?

beck123

Banned
Now I give City 1% chance of going through. No way Liverpool won't score at least 1.

But anyway, I'll still bet 10 euros on City to qualify. :D :D odds are quite high.

Also, happy easter guys.

Last edited:

Morten

Barca might be 100% unbeatable this season, but in CL there is a way out, 2 draws and win on away goals should do it.

Home of Barca Fans