Champions League 2017/18

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I'm afraid that if Classico final happens, there is much much more pressure on us than on Madrid and therefore, I would prefer facing them in the semi finals.

There isn't more pressure on us, Barca would be the underdog trying to stop their threepeat. I would love a clasico final. Problem is getting there. Thankfully Barca finally
Got an easy draw and can prepare for the semis which will be huge. Might be a step too far for this squad though.

Last edited:

henias

Great. People have their excuses prepared already as to the true reason of Barca reaching the finals. Poor Valverde...

There are still City, Liverpool, and Bayern to deal with. Nothing is easy as of now. Even Roma would be a little doubtful. Depends on how EV handle Iniesta, Messi, Busquets, Pique as of now.

Horatio

You're welcome
There are still City, Liverpool, and Bayern to deal with. Nothing is easy as of now. Even Roma would be a little doubtful. Depends on how EV handle Iniesta, Messi, Busquets, Pique as of now.

I know. I am just pointing out the double standards. If we lose, we weren't good enough. If we make it to final it's because Uefa made it happen.

Horatio

You're welcome
There isn't more pressure on us, Barca would be the underdog trying to stop their threepeat. I would love a clasico final. Problem is getting there. Thankfully Barca finally
Got an easy draw and can prepare for the semis which will be huge. Might be a step too far for this squad though.

I agree. I think Barca will enter the match in a healthier mindstate. Real will @(#* their pants knowing if they lose we won 3 trebles in 10 years and they won 3 CL's.

Neymessi

Bookies have Barca as favourites for the CL.

Only because city got a tougher team than us.

Calma, no need to worry about the dreaded classico final, its not very likely to happen.
We have to beat Juve(Barca already through), then we have to avoid a semi-final, and both Barca and Real needs to beat Bayern and City, high chances that all of these things doesnt happen.

Yeah its not going to happen. This el classico final talks happens every season and better barca and rms have failed to reach finals together before. 12,13,14,15 come into mind instantly where we were in semi together and didn't even play each other but failed to reach finals together.

El classico final this time would be the match of the decade if it ever happens. It would mean 3 consecutive cl's for RM or another treble for barca. That single match will create a huge outcome and whoever wins will really create history and will be undisputed best club of the modern era. I would love this to happen but I am way more afraid of the negative outcomes than I am happy for the postive ones if we win. So I don't want to see us in a cl final. Even if there is 20% chance of RM winning, I can't risk it.

Neymessi

I am talking about favourites to win CL. Not team to advance to next round.

Yes and these quarter draws play a huge role in that. If we had been facing real and city facing sevilla, chances of city winning the CL would be much higher than us.

A better parameter would have been the odds before the draws happened and city would defnitely have been favorites in that.

malvolio

Great. People have their excuses prepared already as to the true reason of Barca reaching the finals. Poor Valverde...

you wot mate? i wasn't even thinking about valverde. it's easy to see why uefa would want this final, it would be blockbuster.

Why is there so much talk about of a potential Clasico final? Slow down folks; lets first dismantle Roma and see what the semis hold before speculating too much about a clash that's probably not going to happen.

All the stars would have to align for a Clasico final to become a reality. First we would have to get past Roma and Madrid would have to better Juventus. This first step is going to happen in all likelihood.

The semis is where things start getting interesting. For a Clasico final to occur the following would have to occur in the SFs:

1. We avoid Madrid
2. Madrid beat City/Bayern over two legs
3. We beat City/Bayern over two legs

What are the odds of all of the above happening? Not very likely. Even if UEFA does rig the draw and pairs us against different opponents in the semis, the latter two steps would still have to materialize. Even the chances of that are very slim.

Don't hold your breath for a Clasico final, that ship has probably already sailed. The closest we got to seeing it was in 2015 when Madrid were just one goal away from meeting us in the final.

Morten

Only because city got a tougher team than us.

Yeah its not going to happen. This el classico final talks happens every season and better barca and rms have failed to reach finals together before. 12,13,14,15 come into mind instantly where we were in semi together and didn't even play each other but failed to reach finals together.

El classico final this time would be the match of the decade if it ever happens. It would mean 3 consecutive cl's for RM or another treble for barca. That single match will create a huge outcome and whoever wins will really create history and will be undisputed best club of the modern era. I would love this to happen but I am way more afraid of the negative outcomes than I am happy for the postive ones if we win. So I don't want to see us in a cl final. Even if there is 20% chance of RM winning, I can't risk it.

Yes, the ultimate game in club-football. The stakes would be so high, though i do fancy our chances in a final, its not worth the risk.
Needless to say, i would probably take a break from this forum, this is not a place for a RM-fan, if we win or if we lose.

Givenchy

a Clasico final would be unbearable but it feels like its destined to happen.. Ronaldo and Messi both on 5 ballon d'ors each.

Home of Barca Fans