Champions League 2017/18

Faceless

No more faces at night
It's always: Bayern/Man City/Chelsea/Arsenal in round 16 or QF. FFS fingers crossed for Sevilla or Roma.

BarcaOG

Banned
happy with the result but chelsea outplayed us for long stretches of the match..it was a few mistakes and leos brilliance that made the difference. we did not really control the game and we could not get away w that vs bayern or city

BarcaOG

Banned
ALSO. last week after city lost to basel, tottenham was eliminated and liverpool drew at home with porto i made a post about how the english sides had been exposed. a lot of posters here were upset (for some reason) about that post. this week, again, the english sides were exposed. any objections?

Horatio

You're welcome
Watched a summary of Barca Chelsea game and have to say chances were pretty equal. Chelsea with more attempts at goal but again big portion consist of shots outside the box. That's a testament to our defence.

We might surprise against Bayern. Man City I fear the most.

Last edited:

ebc_99

Chelsea barely created a clear chance across both games, most opportunities were from distance. I can't think of a difficult save Ter Stegen had to make. We were clinical in taking advantage of their mistakes, but I think we can get better, we are still not at our best.

But it was our clearest victory over Chelsea and I have to say I was really worried about this tie given our difficulties against them in the past but we went through quite comfortably.

MagIX

Chelsea will not lose at camp nou, my prediction.

giphy-11.gif

serghei

Watched a summary of Barca Chelsea game and have to say chances were pretty equal. Chelsea with more attempts at goal but again big portion consist of shots outside the box. That's a testament to our defence.

We might surprise against Bayern. Man City I fear the most.

We allowed Chelsea to get in very dangerous situations far too much, situation where better players and more skilled attackers will score from. That's the feeling I got the whole game, much much more than vs Atletico, when even if we scored just once from a setpiece, we handled them better and we stopped them more from getting into dangerous positions.

Great defending is when you stop the other team from playing into your danger zones. Not when you allow them because you fail to block them, but they miss those chances.

Hardy

Bayern, City or Real yesterday would scored easily 2 goals at least. Enjoy the result, the fact that we have La Liga in our bag with a potential domestic double which is really great considering the premises before the season but this team has no business to win CL this year expect to pull a Real 2016 with a lucky draw.

Home of Barca Fans