Champions League 2016/17

mazp

Did you watch City in the CL last year? That was their best year in the CL, and it was still atrocious. We got our goal quite early, so thats all we had to do. They had like, 1 chance over two legs?

It's the Pep effect. Their now one of the fav to win it. Heck, their fans think they will beat Barca twice because of Pep.

serghei

Did you watch City in the CL last year? That was their best year in the CL, and it was still atrocious. We got our goal quite early, so thats all we had to do. They had like, 1 chance over two legs?

Yes, I did. Let me tell you what happened.

1. They won the group against the last year finalist, Juventus.
2. Dominated with ease Dynamo Kiev and sentenced the tie from the away leg, like a good team does, in Last 16.
3. Eliminated PSG, being better than them and dominating them in the QF.
4. Got to CL semifinal, and lost 0-1 aggregate after an own goal against Real Madrid.

That's being rubbish to you? OK then. But then again, you said Atletico bends over for Barca and fights only against Real Madrid, even though they eliminated us twice in the last 3 years from Champions League, and lost 3/3 duels against Madrid.

Btw, please tell me Dortmund's results in Champions League, last year. Oh, they played in Europa League, but by some miracle, they're better than last year CL semifinalist, afters losing 3 key players this summer while the other team got even stronger.

Last edited:

Morten

Yes, I did. Let me tell you what happened.

1. They won the group against the last year finalist, Juventus.
2. Dominated with ease Dynamo Kiev and sentenced the tie from the away leg, like a good team does, in Last 16.
3. Eliminated PSG, being better than them and dominating them in the QF.
4. Got to CL semifinal, and lost 0-1 aggregate after an own goal against Real Madrid.

That's being rubbish to you? OK then.

Ok, so do we deserve some credit for knocking them out and barely conceding a chance then? You cant have it both ways, they cant be a terrible team when it suits you(2016 CL) and a great team( 2015 CL) when it suits you. Pick one, seriously.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Stop dancing, you dont really believe that City is a difficult opponent, do you? Maybe if Hart plays they might get a draw, but thats it.

I do, Morten. Sterling is getting revitalized under Gua, Gundogan and Sane will soon be fit, coupled with the likes of De Bruyne and Bravo and the rest of the team being refined by Gua, they will be a formidable and difficult opponent, of course.

Hart might have just played his last game at City.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Ok, so do we deserve some credit for knocking them out and barely conceding a chance then? You cant have it both ways, they cant be a terrible team when it suits you(2016 CL) and a great team( 2015 CL) when it suits you. Pick one, seriously.

Of course you did, it was just that their abysmal showing against you guys was so bad that it was shocking, they looked like they never even bothered to put up a fight, there was zero intensity, as if they didn't care.

Guardiola would have put the whole team under house arrest if he were the manager back then.

serghei

In CL semifinals City was by far the weakest team. So you get the credit you deserve after beating the weakest team you could have drawn, with the return leg at home, and winning it an own goal. You got one of the luckiest route to a final in the history of the competition.

That has nothing to do with stating that reaching a semifinal in CL is a very good accomplishment. Barcelona has failed to make a CL semifinal in 2 of the last 3 campaigns. And that City is a bigger club than Europa League Liverpool victim Dortmund.

Pablo Escobar

In CL semifinals City was by far the weakest team. So you get the credit you deserve after beating the weakest team you could have drawn, with the return leg at home, and winning it an own goal. You got one of the luckiest route to a final in the history of the competition.

It would be fun with Pep now if draw them in the 2nd Round to see how they compare face to last year :troll:

serghei

Did he just changed the ticked piece of paper inside the ball. One moment it was in his right hand the next instance it was in his left.

Last edited:

Morten

That has nothing to do with stating that reaching a semifinal in CL is a very good accomplishment. Barcelona has failed to make a CL semifinal in 2 of the last 3 campaigns. And that City is a bigger club than Europa League Liverpool victim Dortmund.

No, they are really not, again with this nonsense. City is hardly any better than Dortmund today, i would actually say Dortmund is better, but thats beside the point. Dortmund has a history, City is pure plastic. No one cared about City before the oil money started pouring in, and even then, they were an epic failure in Europe, while Dortmund did well.

Devils

Honestly, it's a fair draw but I hate it. Every elite team has a thorn in their sidein the group stages, which sets up a lot of opportunity shock results. But why the fuck did we have to get City?

Hate that's going to be a Barca vs Pep media storm again. Incredibly annoying. I want Barca as far away from Guardiola as possible but now we will have media frenzy over the next few months.

Home of Barca Fans