Champions League 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caps

Müller crying for a non-existent penalty :lol:

I thought it was a no pen too, until I rewatched the replay fir the 10th time. Closely watch from the net angle. Mullets striking foot IS going to make contact (crucial) but then Xabi flies in and contacts the foot with his thigh, preventing Muller from hitting the ball.

Rematch it- I genuinely believe that's a penalty. Pay close attention to his STRIKING foot.

ceefoo

Excellent post Birdy! :goodpost:
... i understand that he is young and wants more experiences and proving himself elsewhere. Some day he will understand his mistake.
I only disagree on this one thing.^ ... I don't agree that Pep will regret his decision to leave Barca. As you said; he wants to experience different leagues and cultures and broaden his knowledge. He does so because he is a student of the game and wants to make a lasting contribution.

On the philosophy thing:

Guardiola will go on to become a footballing legend (throughout the world) not only because he is a great coach but because he is a pioneer. And just as before him, the line of succession was;

- Jack Reynolds
- Rinus Michels
- Johan Cruijff
- Pep Guardiola

All legends, revered for making the game of football even more exciting and beautiful to watch, and developing tactics and systems that are studied and copied the world over. Each master imparting his knowledge on to the next student to take over the mantle, thus continuing and evolving the philosophy that has ingrained itself in FC Barcelona.
In the process making us culés feel privileged to witness and marvel at how majestic the beautiful game can become.

Winning titles is one thing. Winning with style is another thing entirely.

Caps

I thought it was a no pen too, until I rewatched the replay fir the 10th time. Closely watch from the net angle. Mullets striking foot IS going to make contact (crucial) but then Xabi flies in and contacts the foot with his thigh, preventing Muller from hitting the ball.

Rematch it- I genuinely believe that's a penalty. Pay close attention to his STRIKING foot.

What I meant to say is that I thought there was more contact than people realised- whether it's pen if not is different.

Mullers foot is going to strike the ball before Alonsos, but the contact from Alonso (muller kicks his thigh) let's Alonso get there first.

ManusXavi

At the end of the day the cat still had a gun that still hurt the big guy. Bayern fans will be hoping the next scene is Bayern grabing the gun to smack Madrid with it
10256816_10203359696210061_585534937854821496_n.jpg

ManusXavi

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Deserved win for Madrid. The result could have been ever higher. Lucky Bayern.

Yeah, it could have also been 3-2 Real, if all good chances would had been capitalized on. I'd take a 2-3 loss over a 0-1 loss away every day anyhow btw.
Lucky Madrid for not conceding 2.

Kinlejus

Yeah, it could have also been 3-2 Real, if all good chances would had been capitalized on. I'd take a 2-3 loss over a 0-1 loss away every day anyhow btw.
Lucky Madrid for not conceding 2.

Madrid had 2 stone cold chances which should of been converted, meanwhile Bayern by far did not create any similar to that of RM occasions to score

Alissa

Only Pep is to blame for this loss, that was one clueless performance from Bayern, even more clueless then Barca's performance against ATM. If he sticks to his plan for the return leg, he might find himself out of the CL. I just don't understand it, if Madrid was able to stop Barca's Tiki Taka (which was close to perfection) why on earth did Pep think that Real wouldn't be able to stop Bayern's (mediocre) Tiki Taka? They know how to play against a team that relies on possession. It was one boring game, and RM was the better team.

Barcilliant

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ola-manchester-united-bayern-munich-no-chance
"I signed for three years. I am here, I am Bayern's and I want to stay here for [the] two more years [on my contract] to do my job," Guardiola said.
- that was yesterday

Has Beckenbauers outrage from today already been mentioned on this forum today? We all knew it was coming
http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...ics-bayern-munich-defeat-4018752#.U1ii9EiKDIU

Come on Pep. . . . . come home to Barca

As far as Beckenbauer-its just an occupational hazard at Bayern. All their ex-greats feel the need to do a 24 hr running commentary on the club's affairs. Stupid really but Pep knew what he was getting into. Problem is Pep went to a club that won it all. He came from a club that won it all too so expectations are ludicrously high. His best bet would have been to go to a club like Liverpool. Underachieving, club with a great history. He would have been perfect there. Anyway good to see Rogers leading them to a successful season.

Kinlejus

As far as Beckenbauer-its just an occupational hazard at Bayern. All their ex-greats feel the need to do a 24 hr running commentary on the club's affairs. Stupid really but Pep knew what he was getting into. Problem is Pep went to a club that won it all. He came from a club that won it all too so expectations are ludicrously high. His best bet would have been to go to a club like Liverpool. Underachieving, club with a great history. He would have been perfect there. Anyway good to see Rogers leading them to a successful season.

Cut off this hindsight bias- would of been better if that or that, no need to act as if you or any other have the ability to assimilate all that we observe. We don't.
The way you judge him ''stupid for him going there, his best decision would of been'' indicates no other but your own reluctance of ''grinding'' through the deeper picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans