Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
mio0nd.jpg

:lol:

DucdeOrléans

Well, it is always nice to see Real Madrid lose an important game but it does not make up for the humiliating and hugely disappointing defeat against Bayern by any means. At least not for me. What's the point of gloating about the defeat of your main rival when you were even worse yourself?

Lewandowski is a world class striker. Just the type of player we could use. I have no idea why we have not been linked to him for real. He has been excellent for 2.5 years now for both club and country.

Last edited:

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
What's the point of gloating about the defeat of your main rival when you were even worse yourself?

The point is to have fun of both situations. Football is just an entertainment so let's have fun in the victory and as well in the defeat. Life has enough serious problems to worry about. ;)

Leo10

Well, it is always nice to see Real Madrid lose an important game but it does not make up for the humiliating and hugely disappointing defeat against Bayern by any means.

It does. I don't care to lose the UCL as long as Moudrid doesn't win it.
If we are both eliminated than we are left we the league and Moudrid with the copa del ray.

Liga > Copa means we had a better season than Madrid and thats the only thing that matters to be honest.
I don't care about the Germans why should I? They play amazing football that is fun to watch ATM and thats all.

The only thing that matters is us vs Madrid.

Thierry

Anyone else feels Pellegrini with this very same squad would have destroyed this BvB side?

What he achieved against BvB even if was their first meeting and Malaga's first CL season was extraordinary.

in retrospect, Yes, Pellegrini would be on the ball, focused and not so EGO-MANIAC prants that "the special one" enjoys.
strangely enough, he had the odasity to release his starting line-up the night Bayern hosted us...the reason....to detach attention away from the BM vs FCB and adore his geniuos tactical skills the night after.....well, that failed.

it could have been Malaga against the "whites" ....but then that was just close....yet still far away.
perhaps they sign him back to Madrid when the "special one" departs..?

DucdeOrléans

The point is to have fun of both situations. Football is just an entertainment so let's have fun in the victory and as well in the defeat. Life has enough serious problems to worry about. ;)

Indeed. Never said the opposite. Football is just a passion and entertainment for me. It's not like my whole week is going to be ruined because of one bad result. I have no influence in the outcome. Moreover there is always a season next year and you can't win it all. We have been spoilt for a long time anyway.:)

It does. I don't care to lose the UCL as long as Moudrid doesn't win it.
If we are both eliminated than we are left we the league and Moudrid with the copa del ray.

Liga > Copa means we had a better season than Madrid and thats the only thing that matters to be honest.
I don't care about the Germans why should I? They play amazing football that is fun to watch ATM and thats all.

The only thing that matters is us vs Madrid.

That is a very strange logic. The main thing that matter is how "we" (FC Barcelona) perform and not any other team. Did the Chelsea defeat last season really hurt less if you look back at it just because RM were defeated by Bayern München last year as well in the other semifinal?

A defeat is a defeat.

Once again what matters the most is how we perform. Let's assume that we only had won the Spanish Super Cup and nothing else this season while RM won nothing. Would you then only compare our season with that of RM and not be disappointed with not winning either the league title, CL or Copa Del Rey?

Last edited:

Thierry

BvB vs RMA match was imo. harder to face than vs Bayern.
however harder RMA tried to play, things got ever more difficult with vs the "German red-bull-youngsters" on the night. I had never seen such super-speed one-touch football in a long while....and the tally could have gotten worse still.

if to choose a somewhat safer 2nd leg. Bayern would still be my pick to contest things out.

Well, it is always nice to see Real Madrid lose an important game but it does not make up for the humiliating and hugely disappointing defeat against Bayern by any means. At least not for me. What's the point of gloating about the defeat of your main rival when you were even worse yourself?

Yeah, it doesn't make up for it, and doesn't change the fact that changes will be needed next season. It does make me feel a hell of a lot better though. We haven't been that great this season, at least by our standards (especially in the second half and in big games), but at least it's good to know that they've been even worse. But yeah, that doesn't excuse the relatively poor season, at least by our standards (though almost any other team would kill for this season) and that changes will be needed next season.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Both Barca and RM are so full of their own crap, that they forgot other teams can play football too... All the talk about Barca - Madrid CL final is foiled for the second year in a row... Time to get off our high horses...

Fair play to the germans, who have patiently rebuilt their football...

Pretty much that. Arrogance consumed both teams.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Indeed. Never said the opposite. Football is just a passion and entertainment for me. It's not like my whole week is going to be ruined because of one bad result. I have no influence in the outcome. Moreover there is always a season next year and you can't win it all. We have been spoilt for a long time anyway.:)

That is a very strange logic. The main thing that matter is how "we" (FC Barcelona) perform and not any other team. Did the Chelsea defeat last season really hurt less if you look back at it just because RM were defeated by Bayern München last year as well in the other semifinal?

A defeat is a defeat.

Once again what matters the most is how we perform. Let's assume that we only had won the Spanish Super Cup and nothing else this season while RM won nothing. Would you then only compare our season with that of RM and not be disappointed with not winning either the league title, CL or Copa Del Rey?

It is incredibly annoying to see fans relieved/stressed about their own failure relative to their Rival.

Garrus

It is incredibly annoying to see fans relieved/stressed about their own failure relative to their Rival.
That's exactly what 'rivaly' produce, It's just a logical outcome, The difference between an 'opponent' and a 'rival', Is that with a rival, Victory and loss, Success and Failure extend beyond those 90 minutes inside the pitch, Where Another ones success become another ones failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans