Champions league 09-10

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Lloris was brilliant and stopped Bordeaux getting an extra goal or two. Some fantastic saves, he is an excellent keeper.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Bayern brought themselves into a good position with those late goals, but that doesnt mean they are though now. Actually its that exact thinking that often leads to their demise. Man Utd still has a very strong team and tend to go on a rampage on their home turf, thats a completely different thing. Bayerns defense is also still shaky at best and Berbatov still good enough to score - there were much worse players scoring against Bayern this season, even when they were on a winning streak.

Robben and Ribery also dont mean automatic success. Robben is prolly still not in best shape, esp. after their decisive match vs Schalke on saturday, where he cant be rested. ANd Ribery once again played poorly vs the Mancs. It was however good to see that some 'minor' players like Pranjic and esp. Altintop had a good game, b/c that was rarely the case so far in this season.

Whatever, its a good starting situation for Bayern, but they are far away from being through. Really depends on Ribery and Robbens form again, not only physically but mentally. If they are able to come home from Schalke with a victory, the might kick out Man Utd as well driven by their euphoria. It could go however wrong if they take a loss on saturday. And i guess it could be similar with the Mancs match vs Chelsea.

Moe

powered by;
Why are you guys slashing Man U's chances so quickly? They are never easily written off and at the Old Trafford everything comes together to help them win. Remember, they have an away goal which is crucial.

A 1-0 win sees them through.

because theyll be missing one of their 2 top goal scorers in the game against Bayern. Rooney wont play and now all the pressure is on "Own Goal" to perform in the big night. he has proven himself to be a world-class poacher for Manure this season.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Raed that is why I said if Bayern can cope with their initial 20 minute onslaught and from that keep it 0-0 and play on the counter attack, with Ribery and Robben on the wings I fancy Bayern to score at least once.

B

barcakid999

Not really. He's a great club manager for the reasons I mentioned. You can tell Mourinho to move his ass from one club to another and he'll do great at every one of them. Same for Capello. Ferguson succeeded because of the things I mentioned. He has an eye for talent and is good at making a future for a club. He had the money to get any player he wanted and had great squads in the way. That's why he is great. But in terms of tactics and game play coaching he is inferior to Mourinho, Capello, Van Gaal and hell even Ancelotti.

So basically you don't rate him as highly because he's never moved to another huge league and achieved great success.

Look at his record at Aberdeen, sensational. He proved that he didn't need money or anything like that to succeed. Most of his success is built on homegrown talent anyways, similar to Barca.

lonewolf19

Inter must be kicking themselves in the boot now. The scoreline should have been 3-0 or 4-0 if we finish our chances. Shame that it ended 1-0 and hopefully it wont cost us in Russia

Moe