Champions league 09-10

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
wayne rooney is fucking boss. as is darren fletcher. those two were magnificent.

the rest of the united team was either unfit (rio ferdinand) inexperienced (rafael) or petrified.

fergie's "formation" was stupid. putting his best CM in LW meant pato was ALWAYS 1v1 against evra and constantly used this to spin past frenchie. why he couldn't have fletcher do what park did, and use park as a LW, I dunno.

for milan, ronaldinho was simply different class. he's still got it! pato beat evra a lot but didn't really use the ball well. I thought bonera was brilliant - excellent choice by leo to play him.

still, it was an excellent game. and it's still in the balance.

beef-supreme

It's over because 3 away goals are a LOAD of away goals. If this were at OT then it would be far, far from over. But unfortunately for Milan they failed to control the game when they should have.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Fletcher had a good game actually, the assist was just the cherry on top. Clarence added something when he came on, he had a hunger the rest were lacking. Beckahm didn't play badly, his delivery was good, but Seedorf offers something else.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Nah Meta, it's over.

well, maybe.

evans got the biggest case of stage fright ever. it's unlikely that will happen at OT. which means their defence will be more solid. which will make scoring tricky.

you never know, though.

rooney has the beating of your defence though. and if valencia starts the second leg and I predict trouble. although not having carrick will be interesting. he'll be forced to put fletcher in the middle which will actually be bad for milan coz he'll actually help rafael against ronaldinho (unlike carrick who offered him no assistance).

you were right though. the lack of a defensive mentality really killed you.

LOL@gary neville getting his shirt signed by beckham "for his kid." :D

S

Super Pippo

I can't comment on the game yet Meta as I haven't seen it in total as my stream died.

I read a few reports though, there seems to be consensus that Milan played some very good football, but were tactically naive. Which is what I said would be Milan's weakness when we discussed this last month. Leonardo simply doesn't have the smartness to play a game of chess over two legs. He sets up a team to attack, and thats it. So Milan had its spell of dominance and even the lead, but was unable to adapt and absorb the pressure when Manchester had their time on the ball. That is the difference between the time when we played in 07 and now. Milan can no longer keep the ball and decide their own fate, it was always going to be an element of luck for them. Had Milan had that luck and made more of their good spells, then there was a chance to make a game of it in the 2nd leg.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
ManUtd are on a higher level physically and that's about it. Happy for Ronaldinho and his Milan's MoM performance.

S

Super Pippo

I wouldn't say so, they were stronger in 07 than now and we destroyed them. The difference was the ability to keep the ball from them, or in this case not.

zanela

Evans didn't get a stage fright, he just isn't good enough. It's not like this was his first CL match. He was shit even against Porto at OT last season. He is mediocre at best. Nowhere near Piqué's class or other young quality defenders. I've never seen him own an opposition CF or put in a gr8 shift in a big match. Overrated.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Evans didn't get a stage fright, he just isn't good enough. It's not like this was his first CL match. He was shit even against Porto at OT last season. He is mediocre at best. Nowhere near Piqué's class or other young quality defenders. I've never seen him own an opposition CF or put in a gr8 shift in a big match. Overrated.

you should watch him domestically then. in the PL he's immense no matter the stage or opponent. he's gotten the better of drogba on more than one occasion, which is no mean feat.

he's still coming to grips with the big european games though.

as has been evidenced by him struggling against porto and here tonight (although he wasn't bad vs. porto, but he did screw up for the first goal) and no, it's not his first CL match, but it's his first big away CL match. in one hell of an atmosphere.

he should straighten it out for the second leg.

Canto

Johan Dalin part II

You don't half chat shit!If you don't have a clue about something ypou keep your mouth shut

Home of Barca Fans