Cesc Fàbregas

F

Flavia

Didn't Wenger snub him? What's he supposed to do? Stay at Barca where he'll never play a major role and where he is hated by the fans?

Chelsea wasn't the only team he could go to, but he was in a big hurry. He also only wanted to go to london. And I know it was his right, but I was just pointing out loyalty is not something he cares about. And not having a "major" role wasn't the problem. He was one of the players with most minutes, only Pique and Busi had more than him.

dmode

Chelsea wasn't the only team he could go to, but he was in a big hurry. He also only wanted to go to london. And I know it was his right, but I was just pointing out loyalty is not something he cares about. And not having a "major" role wasn't the problem. He was one of the players with most minutes, only Pique and Busi had more than him.

His minutes this year would definitely have declined. Remember, he got a lot of minutes because he was playing as false 9 for a large part of the season when Messi was injured. He also played as an AM for a while when Iniesta was injured last year. This year, with Suarez in the side, his chances of playing as false 9 was close to zero. He essentially would have been competing with Xavi and Iniesta for a first team spot

Kasperroed

His minutes this year would definitely have declined. Remember, he got a lot of minutes because he was playing as false 9 for a large part of the season when Messi was injured. He also played as an AM for a while when Iniesta was injured last year. This year, with Suarez in the side, his chances of playing as false 9 was close to zero. He essentially would have been competing with Xavi and Iniesta for a first team spot

And the fact that he was not up for that task shows much about him. This was exactly the year when he should show his worth in the midfield. Xavi is ageing and Iniesta is/was far from his normal standards. We could really use him now... Even though i like Rackitic, Fabregas is just on another level.

Hamzah

High Definition Member

Chelsea was the best option for him. He doesn't want to waste time at a club that's going nowhere and is unappreciated by the fans. What do you think he should have done?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't see why Cesc is ridiculed for choosing Chelsea. He wanted to come back to London, he wanted Arsenal, but Wenger rejected him so he took the next option, Chelsea.

That's it.

F

Flavia

Chelsea was the best option for him. He doesn't want to waste time at a club that's going nowhere and is unappreciated by the fans. What do you think he should have done?

I was just poiting out loyalty was never one of his qualities. Can you envision Xavi ever signing for rm? Just that.

serghei

I know, but he considered moving to rm at one point, while still on arsenal. Said his family would understand, blablabla.

That's just talk. Maybe he said it in a certain context. He is blaugrana in my mind, don't think he'd have signed for Madrid if Barca wanted him.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
14 assists this season already, only 6 left to repeat Henry's record of 20 assists set in 2002-2003 season.
Cesc got 20 assists in the league for Arsenal in 2007-2008 or maybe that is Wikipedia talking rubbish again.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans