Cesc Fàbregas

Autumn

Even likes of Bojan bosses his Stoke, because it's full of aggressive lumberjacks and coal miners, who play their football after their day job shift.
That was such a beautifully belligerent quote :D

I love Cesc, but I think that's a really classless statement to make about players that were your teammates 7 months ago. Did he consider himself one of those 10 players as well? He really should show more respect.

How wonderful it would be if we can get Chelsea next CL round and dominate them.

L

linetty

If Cescky can keep up this form in the second half of the season then oh my word! Watching the game yesterday reminded me of how great he is....them through balls...

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Is Cesc have half season problem in Arsenal?
To an extent, but as we all know, practically all of Arsenal start to fail in the 2nd half so it's hard to blame him for it.

Plus people are crying about him being disrespectful... What about that stupid letter your club released about him? As a whole, way more disrespectful, and also not really any less true about him than what he said about Barca. And he would consider himself one of the 10 men, he openly admitted he didn't do well at Barca like he wanted to.

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

How wonderful it would be if we can get Chelsea next CL round and dominate them.
I don't believe it would happen. I think it would be very similar to Tito's Barca against Huynke's Bayern. Miniscule advantage on ball controll percentage, but absolute lack of control of the match. I have seen quite a few Chelsea matches this season and while they don't play ''flairy'' football like Barca is always expected to in recent years, they absolutely dominate most teams and quite often by the good ol' keep-ball tactics. And Cesc is a key factor that influenced this. It seems Mou even encourages his team to release the ball time from time to have some open space for rapethirsty counters. Possession for possession's sake is not that worthy, when you have crazy counterattackers and defense so solid that you can mostly toy with most of your opponents anyway. ''Yeah, come at me bro, let's see what happens''. He knows.
Barca holds ball around the perimeter, because it doesn't know any better, not because it's a ''tactic''.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Cesc is totally right though.

Dependence on Messi this season is incredible. It wasn't even close in 2013/14. In 2012/13 and 2011/12, yes Messi got a lot of goals and assists but atleast Barca could create numerous chances without involving him. This season, that looks impossible.

In La Liga:

2014/15 - 41 total goals for Barca - 22 G+A for Messi - Messi's involvement 0.54
2013/14 - 100 total goals for Barca - 39 G+A for Messi - Messi's involvement 0.39 (Messi didn't play in 7 games)
2012/13 - 115 total goals for Barca - 58 G+A for Messi - Messi's involvement 0.50 (Messi didn't play in 6 games)
2011/12 - 114 total goals for Barca - 66 G+A for Messi - Messi's involvement 0.58
2010/11 - 95 total goals for Barca - 49 G+A for Messi - Messi's involvement 0.51

Zangash

Banned
Cesc is totally right though.

Dependence on Messi this season is incredible. It wasn't even close in 2013/14. In 2012/13 and 2011/12, yes Messi got a lot of goals and assists but atleast Barca could create numerous chances without involving him. This season, that looks impossible.

In La Liga:

2014/15 - 41 total goals for Barca - 22 G+A for Messi - Messi's involvement 0.54
2013/14 - 100 total goals for Barca - 39 G+A for Messi - Messi's involvement 0.39 (Messi didn't play in 7 games)
2012/13 - 115 total goals for Barca - 58 G+A for Messi - Messi's involvement 0.50 (Messi didn't play in 6 games)
2011/12 - 114 total goals for Barca - 66 G+A for Messi - Messi's involvement 0.58
2010/11 - 95 total goals for Barca - 49 G+A for Messi - Messi's involvement 0.51

So basically, what you're saying is, the only way you matter to a team is if you score goals, or assist them.

So I guess all this time the likes of Pique, Puyol, Busquets, Mascherano, Valdes, Abidal, Alves (As he grew older), Xavi, Cesc, Mathieu, Bravo, ter Stegen, Bartra, Rakatic, Alba, and Adriano are all completely worthless because they don't/didn't contribute that many goals or assists while Messi was doing all the work, for the entire team.

In fact, we really have no reason for even using these players, do we? We should probably just sell the lot of them and let Messi play with our B team. It'd save us a ton of money and the money we'd make on sales would help us buy another big name player so we could hopefully one day become Messi, one big name signing, and 9 others...

footyfan

Calma, calma
So basically, what you're saying is, the only way you matter to a team is if you score goals, or assist them.

So I guess all this time the likes of Pique, Puyol, Busquets, Mascherano, Valdes, Abidal, Alves (As he grew older), Xavi, Cesc, Mathieu, Bravo, ter Stegen, Bartra, Rakatic, Alba, and Adriano are all completely worthless because they don't/didn't contribute that many goals or assists while Messi was doing all the work, for the entire team.

In fact, we really have no reason for even using these players, do we? We should probably just sell the lot of them and let Messi play with our B team. It'd save us a ton of money and the money we'd make on sales would help us buy another big name player so we could hopefully one day become Messi, one big name signing, and 9 others...

lol

calm down and read the second line. If anything, I implied G+A is misleading.

L

linetty

@OptaJoe - Cesc Fabregas has 12 Premier League assists for Chelsea in just 17 appearances, as many as Oscar has recorded in 82 apps.

Most PL assists by players with fewer than 250 apps:
Fabregas 82
Cantona 56
Drogba 55
Di Canio 49
Ripley 45

Last edited:

Alik

@OptaJoe - Cesc Fabregas has 12 Premier League assists for Chelsea in just 17 appearances, as many as Oscar has recorded in 82 apps.

Most PL assists by players with fewer than 250 apps:
Fabregas 82
Cantona 56
Drogba 55
Di Canio 49
Ripley 45

Impressive!

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
No no, we have to wait until the 2nd half of the season cause he's going to be shit and get no assists or goals!!

Home of Barca Fans