Cesc Fàbregas

Shegzy

He doesn't neglect defensive work for us. He does his job and keeps it simple when in possession. Maybe for Arsenal he was a bit reckless in that way. Also, please give credit, he is much better than an "attacking Mikel".

I'm not saying he is better than Yaya, why are you arguing that point?

the reason why it doesn't show that he neglect his defensive work is because he played against weak team mostly with us that rarely attack.mikel was a cm too before he was converted to dm and mikel can do everything song can do in the attacking sense but he doesn't really go forward like song so that part of his game really show for chelsea but when he plays for nigeria it shows.

Meitux

Song is not so good to be used as box to box,obviously he lacks the agility,making of fast and important decisions and speed to go up and down the midfield...

And about Cesc,you shouldn't consider him as a central midfielder,he can't perform there.We all saw how he performs when hes used as attacking midfielder agaisn't Santos,his vision is too good to just make him a player that controls the midfield.

Last edited:

Der Kaiser

1 decent game against ultra weak santos -> new xavi, barcaforum goes crazy

I dont think people still believe that. All they're saying is that Cesc should get more minutes as Xavi's power declines, however he shouldnt play the same role. Cesc is an attacking midfielder who needs to be paired with a deep lying playmaker or a hard worker who frees him off defensive duties and brings the ball up from the back.

Meitux

Fabregas
Mascherano Busquets​
No just no,Mascherano is not good enough for the midfield.Remember that before he was being used as a CB in 2010-11 season he played only few games as DM and didn't do so well but its not only about it.Where would Iniesta fit in attack from the moment Neymar is there and obviously Tata will probably play Alexis.

I just want the system to continue as it and Busquets not change his position that he already performs his best,we just need a box to box to have some more defensive cover in the midfield..

Der Kaiser

I just want the system to continue as it and Busquets not change his position that he already performs his best,we just need a box to box to have some more defensive cover in the midfield..

Sergi Roberto could turn out like a solid partner for Cesc, I would also like to see Song in central midfield. He was great for Arsenal in CM, I dont know why the coaches refuse to try him there.

P

PhilS

Sergi Roberto could turn out like a solid partner for Cesc, I would also like to see Song in central midfield. He was great for Arsenal in CM, I dont know why the coaches refuse to try him there.

He played there just a bit last year. But last year, he did not look as good in midfield for Barca as he did for Arsenal. The crazy idea of using him as CB did prove crazy.
This year, it is still pre-season, but it is worrying that he is looking worse than last year.

F

Flavia

@barcastuff 1 h
It is expected that Cesc will be one of the players who'll speak at the press conference in Malaysia on Thursday. [ser]

He really should say something. His silence is the only fuel all the utd speculation still has.

oz187

One of the advantages of Thiago leaving is that it creates more opportunity for Song to be used as a CM. I can also see Cesc playing with Iniesta working well, but obviously either one of them will play a bit deeper or they alternate.

CatalinR10

Darren Fletcher (Man United): "Fabregas is a fantastic player. Whether it's going to happen or not remains to be seen." [sky sports]

Home of Barca Fans