Cdr | 1/4 2nd leg: FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao 3-1 (5-2 agg.)

Terrible 1st half, but incredible 2nd one. Messi has been worrying me lately, he was just off today. It's like one of those days where she shuts himself in his own world and does not get involved enough, despite the assist to Suarez. I hope he was only saving himself for match against Atletico. And our MF on 1st half was dreadful, glad we stepped up on the 2nd. I don't see us losing this Copa with RM and AM out. :barcaflag: :barcaflag: :barcaflag:

Altomonte

We need Busquets and Iniesta, but Roberto did well and Rakitic worked hard. Bilbao spent too much energy in first half, got tired at the end. Interesting result Celta Vigo - Atletico Madrid!

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
The lack of control in our games recently is very worrying. Been a lot of games where we didn't look good before the other team gets really tired.

FC B

It's not only about missing busi, iniesta and alba from the starting lineup. Imo it's all due to a combination of bulid up fatigue due to the number of matches played with very few possible rotations to rest players and ofc complacency.

When Messi takes an off day and Neymar with Suarez continue to feed him crucial balls our game always suffers greatly. When only Suarez and Neymar out of the trio are on the pitch they usualy do fine and when MSN is there with Messi in form Barca always shines.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think Lucho made a mistake in 1st half. After 10 or 20 minutes he should have shifted Messi in center and deeper to collect the ball and keep it.

I hope we didn't exaust ourselves too much, Atletico is kind of rival that requires 110% energy to be beaten... :( and Real plays with who, Espanol? Our neighbours will fill their net on they own if neccessary (if Real is unable to score), just to help-against us they play like it's their lifes are on stake...

J

Jamie Cal

Man, regardless, I'm just happy we're in the semis and Atleti are out. No excuses not to win it from here.

Science Kid

It's unrealistic to expect flawless football when you have a game every 3-4 days.

Any win without injuries is good in my book, especially a win that brings us closer to a trophy.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Lucho:

"It was an exciting game and both teams deserve much credit,” he said after the game.

“It was a very demanding game, but it’s hard to explain why [a team can play so differently] in such a complex game like football.

“Athletic will always demand a lot of you, and they stopped us from playing in the first half, but we still managed to find the right solutions.

“We’ve always been loyal to our style of play. We’ve won all three games [against Athletic], and that’s very difficult.

“[On Nolito], I don’t like to speak about other professionals in public, but we have until Monday midnight [to sign him].”

Home of Barca Fans