Camp Nou

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Need to get the club involved in holding NFL games there too as Santiago Bernabeu are gonna do.

Extra $$$ and possibly an option to get Yank investors involved in the future.

NKMaribor

As I said the Camp Nou is much more modern than Bernabeu.
The 360 led is inferior on Bernabeu and projects only on 4 small pannels.

3 big pannels is better and the light polution on our eyes will be less damaging.
The pitch can be covered too in the future.

Terraces vs the iron curtain is way superior .
The only plus the Bernabeu has is the retractable pitch. But considering how ugly the grass looks it's clear that we should wait another 10-15 years before considering that technology.
It looks like a poor maintained field from some tropical country like India or Brazil.

4 small panels produce more damaging light pollution than 3 big ass screens! In a stadium…. with shit ton of lumens coming from lighting. Fascinating.

The 360 system is from Daktronics, and has substantially more panels than 4 integrated. In terms of visuals and modernity, its clearly more modern looking than 3 basic screens plastered on the roof.

As for retractable pitch, its available for quite some time. What exactly do you expect to improve is beyond me. Grass is maintaned in controlled environment, which is a plus, which also solves issues of UV penetration due to lack of sunlight. But in terms of Bernabeu, the reason why the system is used, is because you can quickly change the surface and host different events, while also not damaging the grass pitch, which on Bernabeu is premium.

In short. Bernabeu is technologically top tier, while being highly functional. Architecture wise i love the interior, while exterior is not my cup of tee.

As for Camp Nou, it looks ordinary as frack. Liked previous look much more. It had character.

companyofcules

4 small panels produce more damaging light pollution than 3 big ass screens! In a stadium…. with shit ton of lumens coming from lighting. Fascinating.

The 360 system is from Daktronics, and has substantially more panels than 4 integrated. In terms of visuals and modernity, its clearly more modern looking than 3 basic screens plastered on the roof.

As for retractable pitch, its available for quite some time. What exactly do you expect to improve is beyond me. Grass is maintaned in controlled environment, which is a plus, which also solves issues of UV penetration due to lack of sunlight. But in terms of Bernabeu, the reason why the system is used, is because you can quickly change the surface and host different events, while also not damaging the grass pitch, which on Bernabeu is premium.

In short. Bernabeu is technologically top tier, while being highly functional. Architecture wise i love the interior, while exterior is not my cup of tee.

As for Camp Nou, it looks ordinary as frack. Liked previous look much more. It had character.
For replays they use only 4(i mean the main purpose) at least until now, the rest is useless billboard that is way more agresive on your eyes when displaying images than 3 big pannels.
As for the pitch it looks awful like with City. The idea is not bad if you can recover the costs but the pitch is inferior in quality at least the color and some say even the texture.
Better technology I suppose

companyofcules

I don't see it that way, CN lacks nothing from a technology perspective even has solar power and water reusage. The roof can be added later without that masive structure, but there is a lot of resistance to totally close it.
The only downside are the 2 vip rings that break the simetry of the older CN and moves the seats a bit higher. I would have preferred a different solution but that would have been very expensive.

jamrock

Bernabeu looks like hot shit.

Which is why all Madrid fans have a need to justify it.

The grass is having multiple issues because it has to go underground.

You guys have 4 large screens connected by basically billboards, tried to do what the Americans did,but cheaped out in the end.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans