Bundesliga

Who will win the Bundesliga this season?

• Borussia Dortmund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stuttgart

• Other

• Total voters

DennyCrane

Only Mourinho and Allegri available. Hard to imagine they won't make an approach for either.

I would pay money to see Mou coach there under the guidance of Salihamidzic :lol:

However, I think it will be ten Hag. Successful coach, aesthetically pleasing style with Ajax. Also not a star coach yet so he's easier to influence and he has the right pedigree, as in he managed Bayern II half a decade ago, so there's that.

KingLeo10

Bayern have no transition from defense -> midfield -> attack. Just hoofball so far.

Honestly, it's a shame how poor the quality of management is at Barca and Bayern and even RM to an extent.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bayern have no transition from defense -> midfield -> attack. Just hoofball so far.

Honestly, it's a shame how poor the quality of management is at Barca and Bayern and even RM to an extent.

To me Bayern is playing much better than us, much faster and their midfielders actually do something and they always utilize their wings well.

We are just slow as fuck on the other hand with zero plays on the wings. And we have nobody who can score headers. Sometimes just hoof the ball inside the penalty box and other teams will find ways to score while we just can’t.

KingLeo10

To me Bayern is playing much better than us, much faster and their midfielders actually do something and they always utilize their wings well.

We are just slow as fuck on the other hand with zero plays on the wings. And we have nobody who can score headers.

They appear to play better than us because they definitely run more but this style of hoofball and crosses usually doesn't pay much dividends against top opposition like a Liverpool or even a City IMO.

My issue with them is about the lack of a system or recognizable patterns of play. We're dire on both that end AND effort so I can see your point too.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They appear to play better than us because they definitely run more but this style of hoofball and crosses usually doesn't pay much dividends against top opposition like a Liverpool or even a City IMO.

My issue with them is about the lack of a system or recognizable patterns of play. We're dire on both that end AND effort so I can see your point too.

To me Bayern’s system has been pretty clear and consistent since the Van Gaal days, which is possession driven with fluid and mobile changing and switching of player positions to create space and an emphasis on wing play. Sure they cross a lot, have been the case for a long long time, because they had players like Gomez, Manzukic and now Lewandowski who can materialize on those crosses. But they are by no ways just a crossing team, in my opinion they have many more different ways to hurt their opponents than us, who are just plain dry and predictable these days (always through the middle hoping for the Messi magic to work).

KingLeo10

To me Bayern’s system has been pretty clear and consistent since the Van Gaal days, which is possession driven with fluid and mobile changing and switching of player positions to create space and an emphasis on wing play. Sure they cross a lot, have been the case for a long long time, because they had players like Gomez, Manzukic and now Lewandowski who can materialize on those crosses. But they are by no ways just a crossing team, in my opinion they have many more different ways to hurt their opponents than us, who are just plain dry and predictable these days (always through the middle hoping for the Messi magic to work).

I think you're misunderstanding. I'm talking about CURRENT bayern or even the Bayern of the last 1-2 seasons. They got trounced by Liverpool at home, which is low-key about on par with us getting blown out at Anfield.

The Bayern of 2012-2016 was one of the great club football sides of the modern era.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think you're misunderstanding. I'm talking about CURRENT bayern or even the Bayern of the last 1-2 seasons. They got trounced by Liverpool at home, which is low-key about on par with us getting blown out at Anfield.

The Bayern of 2012-2016 was one of the great club football sides of the modern era.

Got it. I think they had their ups and downs which in my opinion were caused more by personnel issues like Robbery getting older and less effective and pervasive injuries than by inconsistencies from different managers from the end of Pep’s tenure to Ancelotti to Kovac. To me they were on the same philosophy/path more or less.

I think they will be much stronger next season with the likely additions of Sane, Havertz and Ten Hag. Lewandowski will be hard to replace though.

serghei

Given how Slavia practically outplayed us home and away, I'd say EV has got a special surprise for you.

Depends how the players show up. Considering the game is more important than the Slavia one, I think most likely we'll beat Dortmund.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Depends how the players show up. Considering the game is more important than the Slavia one, I think most likely we'll beat Dortmund.

Our players rarely show up. The last one I recall was the comeback against PSG and since then they have been completely destroyed by Roma and Liverpool and they don't care anymore.

serghei

Our players rarely show up. The last one I recall was the comeback against PSG and since then they have been completely destroyed by Roma and Liverpool and they don't care anymore.

They do show up from time to time. At home we kind of trash teams. Not many teams can beat Klopp's Liverpool 3-0. It is a highly valuable squad, the problem is that they often can't be arsed to put an effort.

Home of Barca Fans