Bundesliga

Who will win the Bundesliga this season?

• Borussia Dortmund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stuttgart

• Other

• Total voters

serghei

What? And who is to blame for that? The Bundesliga, or you?

Also, the Bundesliga lost two excellent offensive midfielders this season in KDB and Firminho.

Nobody is to blame for that. Most of the star players are in Spain (prestige and money) and England (tons of money). You won't ever see a player from Shakhtar for example start at Barcelona or at Real Madrid, because these teams are stacked with the best players in the world in that position.

You won't see players like Henry/Zidane/Figo/Ronaldo/Ronaldinho/Cristiano Ronaldo/Messi etc. in Bundesliga. Players that have been the best in the world at some point. That league just doesn't attract world class players from Brazil, Argetina, Portugal, Spain, France, places from where the greatest players usually come from.

Bundesliga usually has the best Germany has to offer and some other countries close to Germany, like Poland, Austria, Nederlands, Belgium, with similar culture.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

Nobody is to blame for that. Most of the star players are in Spain (prestige and money) and England (tons of money). You won't ever see a player from Shakhtar for example start at Barcelona or at Real Madrid, because these teams are stacked with the best players in the world in that position.

You won't see players like Henry/Zidane/Figo/Ronaldo/Ronaldinho/Cristiano Ronaldo/Messi etc. in Bundesliga. Players that have been the best in the world at some point. That league just doesn't attract world class players from Brazil, Argetina, Portugal, Spain, France, places from where the greatest players usually come from.

Dude, you have admitted to not even have watched DC at all, yet you have the need to implicitly diss Bayern and Pep for playing him? EVERYBODY has admitted that he has been the surprise of the season, that he has been quite frankly pretty fecking amazing. Everone but you.
Not to mention that DC is actually just the BACKUP for Ribery.

Also, you again limit your scope to a few chosen positions and completely ignore the rest, like they don't even exist.

PS: Figo really wasn't that great. Robben has easily been the better player and more valuable player for his team, if one chooses to ignore the different positions. Same could possibly be said about Henry.

Last edited:

serghei

Dude, you have admitted to not even have watched DC at all, yet have the need to implicitly diss Bayern and Pep for playing him? EVERYBODY has admitted that he has been the surprise of the season, that he has been quite frankly pretty fecking amazing. Everone but you.
Not to mention that DC is actually just the BACKUP for Ribery.

Ribery and Robben are well in their 30s and with injury problems. I wouldn't count on them much myself from this point forward. As for Costa, maybe he's great. But I don't have to see him in action a lot to know he is not better than Neymar or Cristiano Ronaldo. So...

Btw, the discussion started with me saying the only player I fear from Bayern is Lewa. I'm just explaining why I don't fear Costa for example. I couldn't fear a good brazilian player when we have THE BEST brazilian player playing in the position. Simple logic.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

Ribery and Robben are well in their 30s and with injury problems. I wouldn't count on them much myself from this point forward. As for Costa, maybe he's great. But I don't have to see him in action a lot to know he is not better than Neymar or Cristiano Ronaldo. So...

Btw, the discussion started with me saying the only player I fear from Bayern is Lewa. I'm just explaining why I don't fear Costa for example. I couldn't fear a good brazilian player when we have THE BEST brazilian player playing in the position. Simple logic.

Yeah, I kinda think we are going in circles with this. Let's just leave it at were we are right now. ;) :cheers:

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Nominally he was LB. Bayern-Pep plays with inverted Wing backs, meaning wing backs that often cut into the middle when in possession to create an even higher superior number in midfield. He does that for at least 1,5 seasons now.

So you might have had the impression Alaba was CM when in fact he was LB. Pep-style LB...

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
[MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION]

Bayern has no legendary players?

Neuer is one of the best goalkeepers ever, Lahm is one of the best German players ever (he is seriously underrated anyway), Robben is one of the best Dutch players ever, Alaba and Boateng are on their way to become legends in the future. Lewa is writing history right now etc.

In 20 years you will look back and realize how good these guys were if you are not realizing that now.

They have (had: Schweinsteiger) Treble and World Cup winners just like we have (had) them.

Yannik

[gfy]ScratchyFeminineGuernseycow[/gfy]

Maybe not football, but he'd end your life in a Fruit-Ninja Duel.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

The Bundesliga is not competitive in the least. Bayern are walking it.
Let's see how they shape up against the better sides in the Cl.

Yannik

Hardly the league's fault though. Those are actually decent clubs, CL week showed that they can keep up.
But Bayern is really outgrowing them on all levels. Complacency can be a huge problem for Bayern when meeting strong teams in CL.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
13.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Hardly the league's fault though. Those are actually decent clubs, CL week showed that they can keep up.
But Bayern is really outgrowing them on all levels. Complacency can be a huge problem for Bayern when meeting strong teams in CL.

I concur, competitively it is not that Buli teams are weak (compared to your average mid and lower table La Liga, EPL, Serie A and Ligue 1 teams), rather it is that Bayern is way too strong than the rest, so much so that the gap between Bayern and the rest has become insurmountable these days. It wasn't like that just a mere 4, 5 years ago.

serghei

I concur, competitively it is not that Buli teams are weak (compared to your average mid and lower table La Liga, EPL, Serie A and Ligue 1 teams), rather it is that Bayern is way too strong than the rest, so much so that the gap between Bayern and the rest has become insurmountable these days. It wasn't like that just a mere 4, 5 years ago.

Really? Bayern constantly buys the opposition's best players. Lewandowski and Gotze being the most recent example. As soon as Dormund was becoming a real force, they bought the best players in their team. Says it all about the league. They did the same with Leverkusen in the early 2000's.

Can't believe some people actually thought Dortmund could challenge Bayern.

Some were hoping. Nobody actually believes that if we're leaving personal preferences aside.

Home of Barca Fans