Breel Embolo

Xavinho

024622748.jpg

Club: FC Basel
Date of birth: 14 February 1997 (age 18)
Place of birth: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Nationality: Swiss
Height: 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)
Position: Striker

I saw he scored again this weekend in Basel's 2-3 loss to Grasshoppers, which follows on from his impressive mid-week Europa League performance away to Belenenses where he scored and also won a penalty. He scored the only goal in the 1-0 win against Young Boys a couple of weeks ago too.

Seems to be a lot of clubs interested in him now, and I hope we're one of them, because I'm not sure how long Basel will be able to keep hold of him. The kid has got so much potential.

[youtube]IarKK_ViDZA[/youtube]

NeyMesSis

Amazing talent!!!

funny thing is I played against him 3 years ago when he wasnt yet in Basel.. he destroyed our team

Yannik

He is said to be signing for Wolfsburg this january. Something around 30m as a fee. Allofs confirmed that they are in advanced talks.

Last edited:

Co0ter

Never heard of him until now, seems like an interesting talent. The goalkeeping in some of his goals was very suspect though.

What I like the most is the composure he has for an 18 year old. His first touch seems great and he finishes by placing the ball in corners with power- reminds me a lot of Pato at that age.

Will try to follow him more.

Xavinho

He certainly doesn't act like Balotelli though. I saw a quote from Frei where he said about Embolo, "I like him as a person as much as I do as a player. His feet will stay on the ground; he won't be shooting from 50 metres to score the goal of the season. You can give him good advice and he is ready to take it without getting angry."

I also like that he doesn't just rely on his strength and speed which would be easy for him to do. He doesn't play with his head down, but instead looks to connect with his teammates. He's great as a CF, but can also play out wide as well.

Adversus

He is said to be signing for Wolfsburg this january. Something around 30m as a fee. Allofs confirmed that they are in advanced talks.

Bollocks I was hoping we were going to get him as a replacement for Lukaku however for 30m I think I would prefer to keep Rom.

Chong Li

[youtube]6pymf_mep2o[/youtube]

It's nice to see a rare moment of fair play

And the blind ref rewarded his fairplay by NOT giving him a 100% penalty a minute later. It was almost like playing against RM.

I hope he doesn't leave Basel already this winter (and especially not for a plastic club like VW). He's only 18 and by a mile their best player.

I'd love it if he joined Barca, but I highly doubt we even know he exists, too bad he isn't brazilian...

P.S.: In this interview he states his favourite club (besides Basel) is Barca.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans