Boxing

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Hahahaha, man so much butthurt all over the internet. Probably cause 90% of people who watched this fight don't watch boxing so they genuinely have no idea. They think being aggressive means you'll win the fight. Boxing is like all sports, tactical. Nothing wrong with tactical boxing, even if it isn't pretty.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
coward lol, outsmarted him with ease.

Couldn't get near him, clear win for money, which won me money

cmsy27

And they say this was gonna be the fight of the century. Very underwhelming. I suppose boxing looks at defensive tactics a little differently than football, but Floyd was just like a bus-parking Chelsea to me (no offense to Chelsea fans) :D Manny has clearly lost a lot of the stamina and quickness that was his trademark in his prime. Still, proud of him for taking the fight to the opponent.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
The humble Pacquiao came across as a twat in the post match interview, very salty like his fans, look around on twitter/facebook, goodness me

Where as the perceived arrogant Mayweather praised him multiple times & came across far better

Funny because it's supposed to be the reverse.

cmsy27

The humble Pacquiao came across as a twat in the post match interview, very salty like his fans, look around on twitter/facebook, goodness me

Where as the perceived arrogant Mayweather praised him multiple times & came across far better

Funny because it's supposed to be the reverse.

This is true. I and everyone watching with me cringed at Manny's interview answers. But again Manny is extremely bad in English; if he knew how to choose words more appropriately, he could have conveyed the same thing he wanted to say with humility. Not saying that as an excuse though.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Lol Manny comes out and says "he didn't do anything". Did you somehow miss the 148 punches he landed on you mate? I like Paquiao but no need to be so salty, you weren't good enough plain and simple.

cmsy27

Lol Manny comes out and says "he didn't do anything". Did you somehow miss the 148 punches he landed on you mate? I like Paquiao but no need to be so salty, you weren't good enough plain and simple.

Yeah, for me the way he answered was much more of a let-down than losing the fight. Sportsmanship is everything to me, and that extends to instances beyond the match.

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He's come out and said he hurt his shoulder. Don't know if it was before or during the fight, but he said he didn't say it earlier because he didn't want to make excuses.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I'm a pac fan and am disappointed with those answers. Mayweather just schooled him with a good boxing display with excellent dodging and counters. Nothing to argue about.

FC B

Technically yes but only with those numerous weak and unspectacular punches that were ofc counted.

Practically Floyd The Chicken Mayweather ran from Manny as much and as fast as he could the entire game. He also countered a lot and made his excessive defensive game even more defenisve than usual.

Sorry mate this is not a true champion for me! It's like Chel$hit winning the CL in 2012, no thanks!

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Of course. The real all time greats could all mix it up and fight. I don't think he deserves to be mentioned with those names.

But credit where it's due

Home of Barca Fans