Best goalkeeper in the last decade?

Choose the best keeper of the last decade.

• Total voters

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Nice one Wolfe.

Tough one...

Since its over the whole decade its between VDS, Buffon, and Iker for me, I'd say Buffon just edges the other two though...

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
gotta give it to Iker for consistency. he's basically been awesome for all of the last decade.

Buffon was superior but after the 2006 World Cup he played a year in Serie 'B' then started getting injured every six seconds.

VDS has been amazing since he joined United, but before that he was only good at Fulham and pants at Juve.

Valdés has been fucking amazing these last few years, but we all remember how inconsistent he used to be. and lest we forget he managed to out-gaffe Marquez in dumping us out of the CL in 06/07.

adil_909

vds amazing for holland fulham and united. he's my pick.

honestly whoever votes for valdes in this poll is totally unable to separate barca from rational thought.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Victor has been the best keeper from 2008 imo. But yeah, definitely not the best in the last decade.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Could vote for Casillas if he hasn't turned into a Whiner. My vote is Buffon. I rate Buffon over Casillas anytime, but Buffon had to deal with lots of injuries in the last years so he was far from the consistency that Casillas had instead.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
why are idiots like barthez and dida mentioned here?

and why isnt gregory coupet mentioned?

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
what kind of retard votes for valdes? someone who only started watching football 3 years ago?

i give it to casillas, he has been world class for most of the decade. the others are either not in the same league or only dominated for a short time.

nebeer

Love is All
I'm not sure who to vote really, and it's a tricky one as it's saying the best keeper of the decade, not simply who the best keeper is. Valdes has been absolutely awesome though recently. Iker and Buffon are the most likely candidates to get the votes I guess. Personally I admire Kahn to some extent, he had such a presence between those bars. I would be a little cold in my feet to shoot at a post that has Kahn in front of it. He was like a raging bull.

Home of Barca Fans