Bernardo Silva

serghei

Well he didn't play Garcia and Lenglet over Araujo last season. So he must realize that defending is the most important attribute for CBs.

Good logic, can't argue with it.

The only problem for Araujo would be if Kounde and Christensen are delivering top performances consistently. Not some bias from Xavi.

El Gato

Villarato!
When the club gets a new RB, then Araujo will go back to CB. As good as Christensen was in the preseason, his level is 3rd choice at best. Xavi is not stupid, he knows that for a CB, actual defending ability is more important than passing ability when the real games begin.

When’s that gonna be?
Unless ofc you count Azpi as RB which is whole another silliness

Not to mention he has another senior CB he hasn’t really shown he’d like to start using sparingly even though should

Catta

Good logic, can't argue with it.

The only problem for Araujo would be if Kounde and Christensen are delivering top performances consistently. Not some bias from Xavi.

I believe Kounde will deliver, but I still have my doubts on Christensen. He was good in preseason, but he never impressed me for Chelsea whenever I saw them.

If they both do deliver, that would be great, would push Araujo to improve his flaws even more, having healthy competition is never a bad thing.

serghei

I believe Kounde will deliver, but I still have my doubts on Christensen. He was good in preseason, but he never impressed me for Chelsea whenever I saw them.

If they both do deliver, that would be great, would push Araujo to improve his flaws even more, having healthy competition is never a bad thing.

We'll see. I agree Christensen had it easy so far in this preseason.

Birdy

I don't get that 'Christensen proved things in pre-season' argument.

If we saw something in pre-season is that Eric showed much more than Christensen

Zidane82

Don't think City and Pep would sell for any kind of money, IF they haven't secured first an elite replacement, adequate to Bernardo's level.

From what I see around, there is not even a rumor at all of that kind of replacement

Manchester City has started talks with #SportingCP for Matheus Nunes, who would serve as replacement for Bernardo Silva who may move to Barcelona. CM TV also discussing this news.

Zidane82

(🌕) Xavi wants Bernardo Silva as his world class interior next to Pedri. Joan Laporta wants him too. [MENTION=19785]Martin[/MENTION]ezferran #Transfers 🤝

Birdy

(��) Xavi wants Bernardo Silva as his world class interior next to Pedri. Joan Laporta wants him too. [MENTION=19785]Martin[/MENTION]ezferran #Transfers ��

Even if Pep agrees...

All depends on the blonde Dutch Labrador, though...

Birdy

Not to mention he has another senior CB he hasn’t really shown he’d like to start using sparingly even though should

The recently divorced one, you mean?

That dude is set for good bench-warming this season, he got the message already.
Xavi offered him the chance to retire and save face before this season, but the ego-inflated prick refused
Now, he will see a season where Eric and Christensen will play before him

Zidane82

According to calculations at Barca, they have a salary margin of + ?60M for next season even with new signings already included, club is waiting for LaLiga to validate the same. This leaves ample space for Bernardo Silva signing even if De Jong doesn't leave. @mundodeportivo

Home of Barca Fans