Bastian Schweinsteiger

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
His peak only last 3 years & he was never an elite player in any of them. A lot of people think he's better than Ballack when he's not even on Kroos' level

What? For starters he is a box-to-box midfielder who can cover every position in the midfield, Kroos is a pure CM. At his prime, Schweinsteiger not only dictated the pace of the game, he was the vital link between defense and offense, he was where most of the attacking plays started. And he did very well wearing the DM hat when needed too.

He was let down by injuries in the last several seasons, which all started in the 11/12 season with the torn ankle ligament injury he had, and ever since he has had problems with his ankles which seemed never fully recovered.

Yes Ballack is overall better than him, no questions about it.

Total-Football

Schweinsteiger is far more versatile than ballack .. i remember his early days he was used as a winger , and his dribbling abilities were actually good .. he was played as a right and a left winger .. later on he moved to the CM position where he really thrived .. hard to compare him to Croos since they do not share the same responsabilities in midfield .. Kroos is a regulator ( like xavi ) whereas Bastian is a Box to Box as mentioned in the post above .. anyhow .. i'm not a nostalgic person , i feel that Kroos has everything to surpass Bastian .. the maturity Toni is showing is scary for his age .. he doesnt lack the trophies too

Schweinsteiger isn't close to Ballack let's be realistic here. He only became relevant when LVG moved him to central midfield. He was a complete afterthought before that and that form only lasted for 3 seasons (09-13). From 2013 onwards he suffered a steep decline & got benched by Fellaini at United.

Ballack on the other hand excelled at 4 different clubs & was carried Germany when he was surrounded by complete shit not the All-Star team you see today.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
It's Mourinho. Doesn't he single out and pick on a player in every team he's managed? Something about asserting his AUTHORITAY!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Servus Basti! Fussballgott. My legend! :worthy::worthy:

114024-Schweinsteiger-Servus-Abschiedsspiel.jpg

Home of Barca Fans