Basketball/NBA

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Why are they bringing Kobe in a recruiting pitch?! Did they learn nothing with the Dwight debacle?

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Why are they bringing Kobe in a recruiting pitch?! Did they learn nothing with the Dwight debacle?

It's pretty stupid, but it's not like the Lakers have any other stars to woo him.

Those were the initial reports, at least. Later reports suggested that LMA didn't like the b-ball part of their recruitment speech. Can't blame him, considering the only thing Lakers can offer atm is cap space, living in LA and nation-wide attention.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
It's pretty stupid, but it's not like the Lakers have any other stars to woo him.

Those were the initial reports, at least. Later reports suggested that LMA didn't like the b-ball part of their recruitment speech. Can't blame him, considering the only thing Lakers can offer atm is cap space, living in LA and nation-wide attention.

Yeah reports say also that LMA asked Kobe how he saw his role in the team and Kobe responded that he saw LMA as his Pau Gasol.

Someone should tell Kobe he's about to hit 37 and that this is not 2009 and 2010.

Also, it seems Lakers are the team who cares least about the analytics and advanced stats movement in basketball. They also continue to heavily devalue the 3-point shot. They're quite behind. No surprise the Knicks is another such team considering the recent connection.

Basketball has changed and it's not a fad but a trend going forward. They better get with the program or get rekt in free agency like both franchises are getting rekt now.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Kobitch is quite adorable in trying to be all-Jordan with this "age doesn't matter, I'll still kick your ass" attitude.

Also, his hands, what.. the.. F

jahlil-okafor.jpg

Last edited:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Yeah reports say also that LMA asked Kobe how he saw his role in the team and Kobe responded that he saw LMA as his Pau Gasol.

Someone should tell Kobe he's about to hit 37 and that this is not 2009 and 2010.

Also, it seems Lakers are the team who cares least about the analytics and advanced stats movement in basketball. They also continue to heavily devalue the 3-point shot. They're quite behind. No surprise the Knicks is another such team considering the recent connection.

Basketball has changed and it's not a fad but a trend going forward. They better get with the program or get rekt in free agency like both franchises are getting rekt now.

Other than his mentorship for the youngsters and rookies, Kobe doesn't have much offer anymore. If he truly wanted to compete for a 6th ring, he should've been more flexible in the negotiations for his last contract. He was either looking out for himself or was just deluded to think he could still be an integral part of a championship contender. I really hope it's the former, but wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter.

True, can only agree with that. At the moment, I only trust Mitch in the organization to assemble a chip contending roster. Scott made the Finals twice with the Nets back in the day, but hasn't done much since, other than developing quality point guards. I'm willing to give him a chance when the roster is ready for a playoff run.

Although we did try with D'Antoni, but we didn't have roster for his tactics at all. He's one of the revolutionary coaches out there, but his teams have to be setup the right way, or he will fail like he did here. I loved his Suns team with their 7SOL approach where Nash really got to flourish. That team inspired many coaches, including Gentry. Worth noting that he acknowledged D'Antoni's work and dedicated GSW's win to him.

Jeanie has A LOT to live up to. She doesn't fill me with confidence when she plays the song "California Gurls" in the background during the meeting with LMA.

Kobitch is quite adorable in trying to be all-Jordan with this "age doesn't matter, I'll still kick your ass" attitude.

Also, his hands, what.. the.. F

jahlil-okafor.jpg

Needs some lotion though.

CByPGYVUMAE0syQ.jpg

Last edited:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Oh yeah, forgot about Shawn Marion. :lol: Weird thing is the finger still has full rotation.

Let's move on to feet. Here's LeBron:

lebron-james-introduces-the-claw.png

khaled_a_d

Poor Mavs

He is very important signing for us ,we idiotically gave 1st round pick only top 7 protected t Boston .with Dirk age we need every help to continue in the play offs
if we can get a semi-decent PG (still hopefull for Petteri Koponen) with Wes/Parsons/Dirk/DJ and one of the best(probably 2nd best) coach in the NBA I can say we have very big chance to finish 4-6th in the west depending on how the FA plays out
DJ adds a lot to our defense and rebounding which was our biggest weakness and fit greatly with Dirk , a big man who hasn't missed a game in his last 4 years which is rare .good addition no doubt IMO

El Gato

Villarato!
Rondo to the Kings??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sad to see Tyson go again. Great champ. Good to see Cuban do his thing. Business as usual getting a great replacement in DeAndre. But fuck we need a floor general.

Robin Lopez getting 54/4 contract? What is going on with this league? What the fuck Phil?

Last edited:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
DeAndre Jordan to the Mavs:dance:

He is overrated IMO. He needs an elite point guard like CP3 to play at his best, not to mention that he's got no jumper and zero post moves. At least this means that will be it for the Clippers.

Anyway, LaMarcus Aldridge is signing for the Spurs. TP/Green/Kawhi/LMA/Duncan. Stacked line-up.

Home of Barca Fans