Basketball/NBA

Richard.H

Wizards steal the 1st game in Atlanta. The Hawks were horrible in the 2nd half and shot 13/52. Wall had a pretty good game again. He is a beast.

It's amazing to me how Hawks won so many games during the regular season. It kinda shows just how meaningless the regular season is in the NBA.

Also, Warriors will win this series in 5 games I think. It's way too much to ask for Grizzlies without Conley.

Clippers vs Rockets will be the most entertaining and competitive series of this round. Two very high paced offenses battling out. if Clips can manage to shut down Harden, I think they will have it. If not, it's gonna be a game 7 win for Rockets.

El Gato

Villarato!
Clips basically sealing another LeBron title last night. They won't stay healthy (or good enough) and probably neither will the Warriors. Bulls are the only ones that can be in the championship conversation so long as Pau doesn't turn on the douche-mode.

Richard.H

Clips basically sealing another LeBron title last night. They won't stay healthy (or good enough) and probably neither will the Warriors. Bulls are the only ones that can be in the championship conversation so long as Pau doesn't turn on the douche-mode.

I don't think Clips will either but what makes you think that Warriors won't stay healthy? They have had plenty of rest and no major/prolonged injuries this year. Their squad looks the most hungry too with all of their players being so focused. This is really their golden year and a ton of people would agree with that. A lot of people here are also jumping on their bandwagon. Can't even count how many Warriors shirts/jerseys I've seen in uni this year.

EDIT: Also, Warriors have such a clear path to the finals. Beating a Grizzlies without Conley isn't a too difficult of a task with all of the talent in the Warriors roster. Then they have to play Rockets/Clips. Rockets just play high octane offense which Warriors can match easily and Clips are basically an easy 5 game series win for Warriors if the CP3 injury continues.

I really think there is no chance for Bulls unless Rose goes MVP mode. Everyone talks about the Kevin Love injury to the Cavs but Lebron and Irving have been the main guys of that team and Love has been quite average for them. The addition of Mozgov and JR Smith has also helped their team tremendously. I personally just don't see Bulls stopping Lebron and Irving can exploit the pick and roll.

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Without Love the Cavs cannot spread the floor that well and Smith is missing the first two games too. It will be a tough series but the Bulls are capable of beating the Cavs and I believe in my team.
Looking at all teams the Warriors are the clear favorites for me. Why talk about their health? They are healthy right now and that is what matters.

A Bulls - GSW series would be pretty amazing because the Warriors are my favorite team from the west. But they have become too good and I cannot really root for them anymore besides my Bulls. Some years ago they were really bad. :D

El Gato

Villarato!
I will never have trust in Curry's ankles. Or Bogut's whole body. It's good to see Kerr actually manage them better than Jackson could though so credit where it's due. Green has been a nice surprise for them definitely, given Lee is on and off with his form, health and defence, but is he another Kawhi boomer kind? Thing is, what will they do once they encounter backcourt stoppers or someone more savvy than the Pelicans and most of the horribly underwhelming teams in the west? There is just a lot of question marks around them for me. Didn't they lose the season series and got held to one of their lowest scores in the season by the Cavs? I don't know...

Love isn't as much of a loss since Thompson likes to run and rebound for them quite a bit. And yea, Mozgov is a massive step up from Varejoke. Wonder if it's good enough to compete with Bulls' frontcourt on their best though.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Very good 1st half. Should lead by more than 5.
And it is looking good for the Rockets. CP3 will not play today due to a hamstring injury.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Great win for the Bulls. I'm really happy to see D-Rose back in form. One of the most entertaining players to watch in the league. Hopefully, the shoulder injury isn't too bad.

Richard.H

Lol at the Wizards vs Hawks game. Seriously, how did Hawks win 60+ games during the regular season? They were getting dicked around by a Wizards team that didn't have John Wall. They were close to winning too until Hawks turned it on in the 4th quarter. Score doesn't show at all what actually happened in the game.

Edit: Grizzlies win game 2. Damn, Curry and Thompson were ice cold but credit to Conley from playing through his face injury and still scoring 22 pts.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Lol at the Wizards vs Hawks game. Seriously, how did Hawks win 60+ games during the regular season? They were getting dicked around by a Wizards team that didn't have John Wall. They were close to winning too until Hawks turned it on in the 4th quarter. Score doesn't show at all what actually happened in the game.

Edit: Grizzlies win game 2. Damn, Curry and Thompson were ice cold but credit to Conley from playing through his face injury and still scoring 22 pts.

Hawks lack go-to guys. Play-offs is all about stars and go-to guys that you can give the ball and they get you points one way or the other. Hawks are a deep and talented team, but they're just a bunch of good players, not a single star among them. When they need a go-to scorer, they just don't have any.

If that Hawk team had 1 single star caliber player, they'd be a real dangerous team.

El Gato

Villarato!

Live by the jumper, die by the jumper. That's why I rate Cavs, Bulls, maybe even Grizz over the Warriors.

Home of Barca Fans