Basketball/NBA

Richard.H

Doc Rivers hired by the 76ers. Interesting choice, I don't see how he makes Embiid post up more and Simmons a shooter. Very overrated coach. I agree with khaled above on why he's so sought after...

Mitchell1978

5 year contract for Rivers also, why do sportsteams always give such long contract for coaches?
I seriously doubt he will be the one to make the 76ers a real contender. Embid and Simmons are a bad fit.

Richard.H

This was a very strange game. Lakers never seemed to be worried or playing with an intensity even though game was within reach for the Heat. It’s like the lakers knew they didn’t need to try too hard. Didn’t have that intensity of game 1. I think skip was right, lakers vs nuggets was the real final

Mitchell1978

Jordan will have to make another documentary now like he did with The Last Dance after Lebron's title in 16.

lol, this title doesn't change anything, anybody who has seen both play at their best knows Jordan was better.

Much respect for James for making it closer then anybody tought possible, but accumulating late prime years and stats won't make him better or greater all of a sudden.

Hardy

Lebronsexuals always delegitimazed MJ titles for supposed weak competition in the finals, I wonder what they think about winning a chip against a team full of role players and leaded by a barely top 20 :coffee:

by the way I'm not integralist on this debate, I think MJ at his peak was a better player than Bron, he always won a title when he had a team to do that (and as by far the best player of his team, never had a Davis, Kobe, Shaq as "sidekick"....), he never had an epic meltdown like Lebron vs Dallas but Lebron can have a legit GOAT case if he wins other titles because of his longevity and overall stats and judging by the fact he doesn't show any sign of significant decline I would not discard the scenario of him winning other 2-3 titles cause now he has a luxury to play with a monster like AD and a not written rule of Nba says if you have 2 of the 5 best players in the league you win a chip but for now 6>4:coffee:

Richard.H

There is no doubt Jordan is the GOAT but where do you put Lebron after MJ? Is he ahead of players like Kareem, Magic, and Russell? Is he the undisputed #2?

KingLeo10

There is no doubt Jordan is the GOAT but where do you put Lebron after MJ? Is he ahead of players like Kareem, Magic, and Russell? Is he the undisputed #2?

About even with Kareem. Ahead of Russell for sure.

I can't put him above Magic because Magic went to 9 NBA finals in 12 years (won 5) and was finals MVP as a rookie. The man was a born winner and probably the GOAT before Jordan came on the scene.

khaled_a_d

About even with Kareem. Ahead of Russell for sure.

I can't put him above Magic because Magic went to 9 NBA finals in 12 years (won 5) and was finals MVP as a rookie. The man was a born winner and probably the GOAT before Jordan came on the scene.

I rarely find anyone who puts Magic ahead of Kareem, like at all.

CatalinR10

lol, this title doesn't change anything, anybody who has seen both play at their best knows Jordan was better.

but 4 titles are still better than 3 , no ?

He's not better than MJ obviously , but I feel a great player like him deserves to have a big ammount of titles , no ?

KingLeo10

I rarely find anyone who puts Magic ahead of Kareem, like at all.

Kareem missed the playoffs in the 1970s for several years IN HIS PRIME. Something that didn't happen with the Lakers when Kareem retired. Magic still made the finals and only lost to Jordan. Kareem needed Magic more than Magic needed him, IMO.

Home of Barca Fans