Bartra to renew until 2017

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
FC Barcelona have agreed to renew Marc Bartra’s contract until June 30, 2017. The player’s buy-out clause will be set at 25 million euros. Bartra will sign his new contract in the upcoming weeks.

Roda-de-premsa-Marc-Bartra-fot_54395982870_51356729138_352_256.jpg

Bartra, who started playing in Barça’s youth academy in 2002, made his debut for the first team on February 14, 2010, away to Altético Madrid. From that point on he combined his first team work with his reserve team duties. He was promoted to the first team in the 2012/13 season.

This year, Marc Bartra has progressively earned Tata Martino’s confidence thanks to his good performances on the pitch. He’s featured in 14 matches this season and he’s scored one goal.

(source: fcb official website)

-----------------

Glad the club finally renewed Bartra's contract. Took too long though and not happy with the duration nor release clause.

PhilS

This is what was needed most for the Barca back line. Barca is now set for its top 3 CBs for several years. I see big upside for Barta. His progress since coming up to the first team has been excellent, and I fully expect him to continue to improve for years.

Cule4life

The Culest
This is what was needed most for the Barca back line. Barca is now set for its top 3 CBs for several years. I see big upside for Barta. His progress since coming up to the first team has been excellent, and I fully expect him to continue to improve for years.

Top 3 CBs? Where's the third one?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's just the fact that we previously haven't had such low buyout clauses and usually tied up our youngsters with longer contracts. Take a look at Real or Atletico and their squads and see their contracts and buyout clauses.
It's poor negotiating on Barca part, I'm afraid.

Cule4life

The Culest
Bartra may have insisted on the lower clause and the shorter contract as he's still not sure if he can become a starter

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So what if he insisted? How did Real tie up 17 y.o. Varane for 7 years? Was he sure to become a starter? Or Koke and Torres at Atletico. Take your pick

Cule4life

The Culest
So what if he insisted? How did Real tie up 17 y.o. Varane for 7 years? Was he sure to become a starter? Or Koke and Torres at Atletico. Take your pick

Maybe rosell isn't ready to pay him big wages. And we don't exactly have the best negotiators in the business

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Shorter contracts also make you negotiate new deals more often. And we saw how Zubi is good at it, eh.
Anyways, rant over. Glad Bartra finally got it. Montoya next.

Galning

The low buy out clause doesn't bother me at all. Bartra isn't the type of guy that will leave for money, he'll only leave if he doesn't play enough. Glad he renewed :)

Home of Barca Fans