Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalan Fan

I didn't watch Manu much this year,but for a back up LB and for reasonable price I won't mind Blind.he is versatile and can provide help as decent 5th option CB in case of injury crisis and back up DM when needed.Won't be happy if it means he is Mascherano replacement

I've watched them and he's slow as molasses in January, was seriously exposed at full back so ended up centre back (when he played).Even then he was poor.
No doubt he'll be shipped out from Utd, but he won't end up here.He's like a poor mans Roberto.He only got the Utd gig due to his dad/Van Gaal connection.

xXKonan

We were linked to Blind back during the summer of 2014 as a possibly CB option.

Blind isn't a bad player to have in the squad, but His main problems are his lack of Pace. although lack of pace isn't the end of the world, (I mean Rakitic is slow as a turtle himself) I would go for Blind as a rotational player for Alba if we can get him for cheap. He reminds me a lot of Roberto.

Neeraj

Barring Alba and Neymar, there's a serious lack of pace in the team. Would be good if we could get some pacy reinforcements for LB/RB.

I don't mind Roberto on RB, but the only problem is, with Messi / Rakitic drifting to the right, with Roberto providing the overlap, I don't think there's enough pace on that side to get past defenders. You don't always need pace to cut through, but it would be helpful having that as an option, I feel.

Last edited:

Sorin

Am i the only one underwhelmed about the majority of the players we're keep getting linked with?

Bellerin, Cancelo, Blind, Mata, Mariano, Gameiro, Ben Arfa etc. are all average to good players and all are bench warmers at best; maybe besides Bellerin which would cost an arm and a leg and isn't all that himself and would only play because Alves leaves. IMO we need some players in key positions to push for a starting place, to keep the first teamers on their toes. MSN are untouchable because they're the best players in the world in their respective positions and bench warmer is the only thing we can bring but the midfield and defence are not what they once were and can do with some genuine competition.

The defence is where we should not bring players who can only carry Pique's boots from the bus to the stadium and start here and there. We need players who can push Pique or Mascherano(if he doesn't leave) to be more consistent or downright replace them if they're better down the road. Same for a left full back. Alba has been atrocious at times this season. I'm guessing we're interested in Blind to cover for him and as a CB. That would be feck all competition for Alba since Blind doesn't bring shit to the table and Alba would have that position secured no matter how badly he performs. I know it's easier said that done but surely, with our more recent approach to the game we need a better prepared back 4. We can't allow the same lapses we've showed recently. We don't control the ball enough for our defenders to relax and only be bothered once of twice a game like in the past. We're getting pressured a lot more and for that we kinda need focused players.

The mid is less of a problem since we do have some depth with Denis Suarez back but we still need some world class player or soon to be world class either slowly replace Iniesta or outright replace Rakitic. Mata can do neither and 28 yo. All our mid options are good players but do any of you see world class potential for any of them? I don't. For me, neglecting the mid because we're a more attack oriented team is foolish. We should by all means try to have world class players in every position in the mid and some who can keep those world class players from getting complacent.

I know it's easier said than done since world class players don't grow on trees, especially on defence, but those names don't really scream out that we'd have better team if we buy any of them. They're just gonna be bench warmers who can't improve our 1st team.

Barcilliant

Am i the only one underwhelmed about the majority of the players we're keep getting linked with?

Bellerin, Cancelo, Blind, Mata, Mariano, Gameiro, Ben Arfa etc. are all average to good players and all are bench warmers at best; maybe besides Bellerin which would cost an arm and a leg and isn't all that himself and would only play because Alves leaves. IMO we need some players in key positions to push for a starting place, to keep the first teamers on their toes. MSN are untouchable because they're the best players in the world in their respective positions and bench warmer is the only thing we can bring but the midfield and defence are not what they once were and can do with some genuine competition.

The defence is where we should not bring players who can only carry Pique's boots from the bus to the stadium and start here and there. We need players who can push Pique or Mascherano(if he doesn't leave) to be more consistent or downright replace them if they're better down the road. Same for a left full back. Alba has been atrocious at times this season. I'm guessing we're interested in Blind to cover for him and as a CB. That would be feck all competition for Alba since Blind doesn't bring shit to the table and Alba would have that position secured no matter how badly he performs. I know it's easier said that done but surely, with our more recent approach to the game we need a better prepared back 4. We can't allow the same lapses we've showed recently. We don't control the ball enough for our defenders to relax and only be bothered once of twice a game like in the past. We're getting pressured a lot more and for that we kinda need focused players.

The mid is less of a problem since we do have some depth with Denis Suarez back but we still need some world class player or soon to be world class either slowly replace Iniesta or outright replace Rakitic. Mata can do neither and 28 yo. All our mid options are good players but do any of you see world class potential for any of them? I don't. For me, neglecting the mid because we're a more attack oriented team is foolish. We should by all means try to have world class players in every position in the mid and some who can keep those world class players from getting complacent.

I know it's easier said than done since world class players don't grow on trees, especially on defence, but those names don't really scream out that we'd have better team if we buy any of them. They're just gonna be bench warmers who can't improve our 1st team.
You are not the only one underwhelmed.

But this is Barça.

Our board always gets complacent when there is success and sit on their laurels.

It's only when we have trophy less seasons then they wake from their slumber.

MasChe

I'd rather have Kucka than Mata and Pjanic. Kuco is a bulldozer, fast and great dribbler. He would be perfect Raki sub. That's that. But as for Iniesta role Pjanic and especially Mata are not out future after Iniesta.

George_Costanza

Football-Italia said according to MD Luis Enrique is quite interested in Pjanić. :dance:

http://www.football-italia.net/85214/barcelona-join-pjanic-race

900x900px-LL-d19370a8_cop-out-nope.0.gif

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Have we even been linked with one decent player yet? Just mostly old scrubs and rejects so far. Quite depressing, indeed.

malvolio

on the other hand we don't really need many starters. a cb, rb maybe and am/cm? lb, cb, fw/st we are looking for substitutes.

Joe598

With so much speculation regarding our transfers, these are my predictions for out summer activity.

Out: Douglas £0, Adriano £0, Sandro £0, Vermaelen £5, Batra £6, Dani £0.

Our squad next year, including additional transfers will be:

GK: Can't see either keeper leaving this summer. Would expect Ter Stegen to replace Bravo as our first choice this year, but gradually and with both seeing plenty of game time. Masip is likely to stay for one more year as well.

RB: For me there is no need to sign Bellerin atm to replace Alves. I think Sergi will be able to replace him fine for now, with Aleix acting as a back up. However he is being linked with lots of serie a teams, but I'm pretty sure he'll stay. We should definitely see what we've got in those two before we spend loads on Bellerin, who I like but we simply can't afford him right now.

CB: Pique and Mathieu are guaranteed to stay. Hopefully Masch stays as well. If he leaves we must replace him wisely, possibly with Marquinhos, which could defo happen as he will be promised 1st team football. An alternative could be Krychowiak who we would move from DM to CB. To replace Batra and Vermaelen we will bring in Umtiti from Lyon (we've already had negotiations with him, Abidal really rates him and he said he will be playing in Spain next year) and someone like Lemos, Vallejo or Mere as our fifth choice CB, who will develop over time.

LB: Imo we don't need a new lb as cover for Alba. I think Umtiti, Mathieu and mb even Aleix or Rafinha can cover here. It would be ideal for us to sign someone like Guerreiro but we need to conserve funds.

DM: Busquets is of course first choice. As cover for him we will have Masch and Rakitic. The long term replacement will be Samper, who may leave on loan next year.

CM: I think we will sign Pogba this summer. (1. He has said he wants to join, 2. He just bought a house here, 3. He would continue Luchos tactical evolution, 4. Apparently he's signed a pre-transfer deal with us, like we did with Ter Stegen and Neymar, 5. Alves and maybe Masch (although I REALLY hope not) will be used as incentives in the deal). Iniesta and Rakitic will likely rotate for the 3rd midfield spot. Denis, Rafinha and Arda will provide cover.

ST: Of course MSN are guaranteed starting places. We will have plenty of cover tho in case of injury, with Arda, Munir, Denis and Halilovic all able to play on the wings, whilst all of MSN can play in hat central role, in case of an injury to Suarez.

In: Umtiti £15-20million, Denis £3million, Halilovic (recall from loan), Lemos/Vallejo/Mere £5-10million, Pogba £60-80million (depending on the subsidies for the Dani first priority transfer).
6 out, 4 in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans