Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It depends, mostly on the Celta's financial situation. I really do not expect anybody to pay for Nolito's release clause in the summer- he is 29 and only clubs who can afford that kind of money are in EPL, but it is really debatable that he fits there. Doubt is there if you consider how Pedro has actually struggled moving to EPL and as he was nurtured in the Barca system and has same physical attributes as Pedro, it would be a risky move for any EPL clubs. And I really doubt that EPL would be Nolito's first choice either. His choice is Barca, quite obviously.

There is no doubt that player wants to join, and to join right now. By not accepting Barca's curious deal offer, Celta would risk with (a bit) alienated player who is becoming back from the injury and his value can drop hugely during the remaining of the season. And they also risk for not getting the 15+ million euros which is huge for Celta, for player that is turning to 30 ( they got him basically free if I am not mistaken).
But, at the same time, Celta has already lost a (key) player to Atleti from the midfield and really needs to hold on those who are part of the spine of that successful half of the season. However, at the same time, they really need to strengthen the team as last games have proven, and I really do not know how much funds they have for that. The deal with Barca would at least guarantee them some money and possibly a Barca loan player.

So it is quite a dilemma for Celta and I think Barca is doing a right move just saying that this is our final offer- take it or leave it. I feel a bit bad for Nolito, though, there is a once in a lifetime chance for him in age 29, but because of the financial situation of Barca (due to so successful last year) and Celtas position, it seems that it won't go through.

But a ridiculous offer nevertheless by Barcelona's board, we're to expect Celta's board to sell their best player with the promise of paying down the line but instead giving a partial payment as a penalty if we don't?...They have not only no reason to accept that but they'd be a shite company for doing so

rixxer

But a ridiculous offer nevertheless by Barcelona's board, we're to expect Celta's board to sell their best player with the promise of paying down the line but instead giving a partial payment as a penalty if we don't?...They have not only no reason to accept that but they'd be a shite company for doing so

There is no other way, isn't it? Due to financial restrictions that have been reported in several times, there is only approx 5 million euros available. In those circumstances I think it is not that ridiculous, the penalty is real- if we don't sign Nolito we have to pay cash in the summer anyways. Celta knows Barca's situation and clubs do have a great relationship so it's totally up to Celta- do they want to cash in on Nolito or they consider him an asset as a player. They won't get that money for him from other clubs i am pretty sure about that.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
There is no other way, isn't it? Due to financial restrictions that have been reported in several times, there is only approx 5 million euros available. In those circumstances I think it is not that ridiculous, the penalty is real- if we don't sign Nolito we have to pay cash in the summer anyways. Celta knows Barca's situation and clubs do have a great relationship so it's totally up to Celta- do they want to cash in on Nolito or they consider him an asset as a player. They won't get that money for him from other clubs i am pretty sure about that.

No other way for Barcelona but ridiculous to think that would be acceptable for Celta. What is their motivation to make a deal like that for them financially or sportingwise?

rixxer

No other way for Barcelona but ridiculous to think that would be acceptable for Celta. What is their motivation to make a deal like that for them financially or sportingwise?

Money is the motivation. Like i said- they wont get 20 million euros for Nolito, at least as far as I can tell and see. Reported 21 million is still 21 million, either you get 4 right now and 17 in the summer (minus inflation, of course).

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Like I said, Celta have no financial incentive to accept such a preposterous offer for their biggest asset. Businesses that take an approach like that will find themselves out of business fairly quickly

PhilS

Munir seems to have perked up, he is no longer psyched out in front of goal. Arda seems to be the best of the midfielders at faking it at forward, there are lots of advantages to having an extra midfielder like that on the field.

With the current squad, the big risk in the 3 trophy run would be a significant injury to MS or N, or to Pique. There are a not a lot of champion level subs, but the versatility of Arda and Sergi Roberto provides a lot of coverage. No additions this month, just play the hell out of the top 15 or 16 players.

rixxer

Like I said, Celta have no financial incentive to accept such a preposterous offer for their biggest asset. Businesses that take an approach like that will find themselves out of business fairly quickly

Tell me why? They will get easily Barca to overpay for Nolito right now, no other club will pay them that much, not now, definetliy not in the summer. Yes, they have to wait a cash transfer for 6 months, but money is still money in the summer. So, if they do want to cash in Nolito, it is now. It really comes to that- cash in or not and hope that Nolito will deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans