Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mido

They are totally different players with different skill sets. That's like saying "Ramos is better than Rakitic".

To be more precise, what I was implying, is that Turan is superior to Vidal in terms of a (left-)central midfielder at Barca standards. Vidal is too stiff to play at this Barca.

Morten

He's no Ribery or Hazard but he's damn good. One of the best midfielders in la liga and helped Atletico win the number one ranked league with an underdog team.

This is gonna sound dumb but putting things in numbers make it easy to understand what I think of the players. If I had to Arda a rating on fifa it would be 84, Oscar about 82. While someone like Hazard would be 87.

Yeah, he is good, and i think that rating is about right. Anyway, my point is before Barca bought him, he was just another good/decent midfielder in here, now he is compared to everyone and their mothers. Like he suddenly became that much better in the span of a few months :lol:

Morten

To be more precise, what I was implying, is that Turan is superior to Vidal in terms of a (left-)central midfielder at Barca standards. Vidal is too stiff to play at this Barca.

Probably, but Vidal isnt a left midfielder. Its like saying "Ramos is better than Rakitic", basically. Cant compare them. Vidal is however a better central midfielder, no doubt.

Mido

Probably, but Vidal isnt a left midfielder. Its like saying "Ramos is better than Rakitic", basically. Cant compare them. Vidal is however a better central midfielder, no doubt.

But Turan fits better the "Iniesta role" so to speak, so Turan is superior to Vidal in terms of Barca standards.

Zincubus

Banned
there is a reason mourinho wants pedro to replace oscar. if rumors are true. And there is a reason we won't go for that: pedro is much much better than oscar,

He really isn't .

He's just faster / fitter and would work himself to death - all that Jose wants really .

They are completely different types of players . Oscar has far better technique and creativity . Pedro works harder , is faster with decent technique .

Trickykid

Yeah, he is good, and i think that rating is about right. Anyway, my point is before Barca bought him, he was just another good/decent midfielder in here, now he is compared to everyone and their mothers. Like he suddenly became that much better in the span of a few months :lol:
I've seen you throw this around a few times now, so I figured I'd visit the Arda thread and read back a bit, to see if your claim could be backed up. Go have a look for yourself, if you feel like being proved completely and utterly wrong.
Ever since 14 (prior to that there aren't a lot of posts) he's getting loads of praise in here. There are plenty posts on how underrated he is, and even a few claiming he would be a great signing for us. That's way before we were reported interested in him, mind you.

So yeah, no need to sprout that silly claim again.

xavi_the_Boss

He is easily one of the best midfielders in La Liga and he was highly rated in here even before he came to barca.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Just because he's a BPL player and plays for Chelsea, a team led by Jose, doesn't mean he is overhyped or overrated. Tbh, the BPL bashing right now is just as annoying as the constant overhyping on their parts during their glory days.

Oscar has similar qualities as Turan, who is supposedly a great fit for Barca - namely work rate while being technically impressive with the bonus that he's a lot younger than Arda. Also in terms of off the ball movement he brings Müller or Rakitic-esque intelligence in that he is able to perfectly balance attacking runs from his teammates. Only his end product is rather inconsistent and sometimes underwhelming, but Turan's not really better either.

Then again people here claim that Arda Turan is a superior player to Arturo Vidal as well. Just :lol:

No, this is not PL bashing or anything like that.

IMO, Oscar has simply not done enough to be rated that highly. Neither for club and country. And instead of developing to a better player, it seems like he's stalled too.

Arda on the other hand, ever since he joined Atletico, was one of their creative driveforces who helped them get to the position they are right now. He performed at a very high level vs World Class opposition, and did so several seasons on the trot.

I don't get the calls for Oscar. Especially when Cesc in his position back in 2010 was arguably the best midfielder in the Premier League while Oscar is no one infront of him and the level he possessed back then and does now.

That's not to say Oscar can't become a better player than Arda in the future, you can't rule that out, but his development has stalled and his performances have not been great, neither has he been consistent.

He's good, but is he really Barca level good? I mean, even Chelsea are rumoured to send him packing if they can get a better player and he hasn't done that well for Brazil either.

If Barca want to sign a midfielder(which the board will..), they should sign someone who can start or pose a serious threat to any of our current starters so that the drop in quality isn't big. Lucho can then hopefully figure out a way to incorporate all midfielders and give them enough time in his rotation system.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Mourinho (coach Chelsea): "Pedro? I have five wingers, if I lose one maybe I am interested in another, but at this moment I'm not." [sky]

Co0ter

Vidal is a good midfielder but he's a headless chicken- he's all over the pitch. Lots of energy and workrate but not that technical or creative. I don't see how Vidal can be rated higher than Turan. They both are starters and were vital components of their title winning sides. The only difference is Juve are playing in a weak league and Arda was arguably playing in the best league consistently against the two best teams in the world...and playing well against them.

Turan is hands down a way better fit for us. I'm brazilian and I think Oscar is massively overrated, nowhere near the level of Vidal or Turan. He's been shit for the national team despite one WC game and other than having an impressive start at Chelsea he's been mediocre for a long time now.

anguy

there is a reason mourinho wants pedro to replace oscar. if rumors are true. And there is a reason we won't go for that: pedro is much much better than oscar,

Pedro is a winger Oscar is playing more centrally. How can he replace him? He might be replaced by Vilian, if Pedro takes RW and Vilian moves to centre.

Barcalove

Banned
Vidal is a good midfielder but he's a headless chicken- he's all over the pitch. Lots of energy and workrate but not that technical or creative. I don't see how Vidal can be rated higher than Turan. They both are starters and were vital components of their title winning sides. The only difference is Juve are playing in a weak league and Arda was arguably playing in the best league consistently against the two best teams in the world...and playing well against them.

Turan is hands down a way better fit for us. I'm brazilian and I think Oscar is massively overrated, nowhere near the level of Vidal or Turan. He's been shit for the national team despite one WC game and other than having an impressive start at Chelsea he's been mediocre for a long time now.

Since when being brazilian is a reference for rating Brazilian players? Brazilians are the most ungrateful and they hate and underrate every Brazilian player while overrating all european players

F

Flavia

Since when being brazilian is a reference for rating Brazilian players? Brazilians are the most ungrateful and they hate and underrate every Brazilian player while overrating all european players

That's a really bad generalization.

Co0ter

I pay attention, perhaps more so than other nationalities, to specifically Brazilian players because I am Brazilian...I'm 29 and Barca has been my favorite team since Ronaldo played that one season there, however I enjoy other teams as well, especially ones that have promising young Brazilian players. For instance Milan when Kaka and Pato were there...I watched a lot of them. Now I watch Lazio for Felipe Anderson, I have followed Coutinho since Inter and for a while I watched Oscar although not as much recently because I can only take Mourinho in small doses.

Oscar has been unremarkable for quite some time now, and like I said other than one good game in the WC has been a ghost for Brazil too. I don't rate him that highly anymore, regardless of how young he is. Period.

Thanks for making a generalized statement about a nationality though, nothing like openly being ignorant on a public forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans